Coach Harsin's First Presser (3:30 CT)

Zeek

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, oracle79 said:

If uniform is important to you go play at Oregon or Maryland. Harsin would be willing to play in burlap sacks and leather helmets. Take your soft ass somewhere else. I get the feeling he isn't on board with the new age crap and is old school hit you in the mouth no matter what uniform you have on.

When Gus was coach at Arky State, the players wanted to wear gray uniforms for a game, but he always refused. When CBH took over for Gus in 2013 and the team visited JHS to play Gus and Auburn, CBH outfitted his players in those gray uniforms, despite being penalized for it. I get the feeling he is on board with the "new age crap."

17 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I would think the SECN might cover it seeing as anytime Nick Saban farts sideways they’re their to sniff the event...

That's because there are 328,000 Updykes lining up to smell them...

very impressive PC.  Considering where the search was a cpl of days ago, AG did the improbable and stuck the landing here.   Fantastic job!   Ready to win with Harsin!    LETTTTTSSSSSSSGOOOOOO

9 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I don’t get the feeling that a losing season but an Iron Bowl win would be ok with CBH.  The old mantra of “we can lose every game but beat Bama and it’s a good year is gone.”  That’s the old Auburn.  I’m ready for the new Auburn.  The, we are here to hit you in the mouth and win regardless of what jersey you are wearing, Auburn.

Again... not quite getting my concern I don’t think. This isn’t about blowing off the other games. In the iron bowl, Bama’s players are going to bring extra fight that they won’t in other games. If we don’t equally amp up, they’ll “want it” more than we will.

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

IT WILL TAKE TIME. nobody needs to be bitchin about wins and losses for at least two years if not three or four,

Hell, this year alone, which was shaping up as a big mess especially on the OL (again) long before real talk of firing started, is gonna be a setback. Hoping he can retain folks and find some help in the portal. The OL is a huge problem that is going to be hard to overcome 

13 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Again... not quite getting my concern I don’t think. This isn’t about blowing off the other games. In the iron bowl, Bama’s players are going to bring extra fight that they won’t in other games. If we don’t equally amp up, they’ll “want it” more than we will.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, fredst said:

Hell, this year alone, which was shaping up as a big mess especially on the OL (again) long before real talk of firing started, is gonna be a setback. Hoping he can retain folks and find some help in the portal. The OL is a huge problem that is going to be hard to overcome 

Yep it will be a problem but I think we might get some transfers and some young ones to come in.

30 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

That's not what they meant he was just saying we will start treating it like any other game. Coach said yesterday that every game matters and only gonna go one game at a time not just focus on Bammer and try to win just that one. 

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yep it will be a problem but I think we might get some transfers and some young ones to come in.

Based on performance this year it looks like more focus is needed on the defensive side of the ball. 

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

If uniform is important to you go play at Oregon or Maryland. Harsin would be willing to play in burlap sacks and leather helmets. Take your soft ass somewhere else. I get the feeling he isn't on board with the new age crap and is old school hit you in the mouth no matter what uniform you have on.

I mean he did play and coach on a freaking blue field, and not a great looking blue at that, so he might be more willing to change the uniforms! 😝 

54 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Bama players largely bring the same intensity and focus to every single game they play.  It's a big reason they are so damn consistent.

And it's that mindset that CBH sounds like he wants to instill at AU.  I'm here for it.

As for the unis, my opinion or any others fan’s opinion doesn’t matter to me.  It’s all about what the players want.   They are the ones busting their rear on the field, so I say do what they would like.   
I was in the locker room with my HS team when they rolled out new unis this year, and our boys erupted with excitement.  It’s just one way to show them we think they’re special and we care about them.   Just my thoughts, (probably less than 2 cents)

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Don’t think you got what he was trying to convey.   A coach in public has to come across that every game is important and none is more important than another.   

You can bet your wallet that when the time comes for getting the team ready for Bama during Bama week, he and everyone associated will let the team know how important it is.  

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

When Gus was coach at Arky State, the players wanted to wear gray uniforms for a game, but he always refused. When CBH took over for Gus in 2013 and the team visited JHS to play Gus and Auburn, CBH outfitted his players in those gray uniforms, despite being penalized for it. I get the feeling he is on board with the "new age crap."

That was a power move by CBH to his players and I love it.  Not sure he cared about what they were wearing but he rallied the team together and showed his team I got you.

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Bama players largely bring the same intensity and focus to every single game they play.  It's a big reason they are so damn consistent.

And it's that mindset that CBH sounds like he wants to instill at AU.  I'm here for it.

It's even more granular than that...they bring focus and intensity every play. Then they reset and do it again. That's what I hope for our team. Prepare mentally and physically. Consume coaching, roles and responsibilities. Execute, evaluate, change, reset, then execute again.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The portal will help, but it's gonna take at least 3 to recover from the roster mismanagement we've, well most, have seen and complained about

I really hope you’re wrong...but I think you’re right. A good coach can change the culture and style of play in one season but quality depth and the “correct” pieces will likely take 3. If everything falls into place just right, we could be just about there for the 2022 season...Offensive line is where it’ll take the most time.

And on the uniforms, I (objectively) love ours, but most of y’all have no clue how athletes these days feel about it. I use uniforms, branding, social media all the time to get my athletes excited about an upcoming season/game or to get the attention of prospective athletes. We recently switched to Jordan gear...our kids went nuts over it and athletes all over the place were talking about it. The vast majority of colleges out there either update their uniforms fairly regularly or have a few alternates they break out throughout the season. I haven’t seen any alternates that I like, but I’m not against the idea because I know how the players feel about them. 

One of the best moves we could possibly make as a school would be to somehow get out of our UA contract and sign with Nike or Jordan. Football and basketball recruiting would benefit more than most understand.

/rant

11 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

As for the unis, my opinion or any others fan’s opinion doesn’t matter to me.  It’s all about what the players want.   They are the ones busting their rear on the field, so I say do what they would like.   
I was in the locker room with my HS team when they rolled out new unis this year, and our boys erupted with excitement.  It’s just one way to show them we think they’re special and we care about them.   Just my thoughts, (probably less than 2 cents)

This. 

3 minutes ago, chimes said:

I really hope you’re wrong...but I think you’re right. A good coach can change the culture and style of play in one season but quality depth and the “correct” pieces will likely take 3. If everything falls into place just right, we could be just about there for the 2022 season...Offensive line is where it’ll take the most time.

And on the uniforms, I (objectively) love ours, but most of y’all have no clue how athletes these days feel about it. I use uniforms, branding, social media all the time to get my athletes excited about an upcoming season/game or to get the attention of prospective athletes. We recently switched to Jordan gear...our kids went nuts over it and athletes all over the place were talking about it. The vast majority of colleges out there either update their uniforms fairly regularly or have a few alternates they break out throughout the season. I haven’t seen any alternates that I like, but I’m not against the idea because I know how the players feel about them. 

One of the best moves we could possibly make as a school would be to somehow get out of our UA contract and sign with Nike or Jordan. Football and basketball recruiting would benefit more than most understand.

/rant

Yep! We’ve got some of the best uni’s in CFB. But switching it up some would be nice and the players would love it

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

it's gonna take at least 3 to recover from the roster mismanagement we've, well most 

This is the narrative we need to be pushing ( because it is true)

The average fan does not understand this.  Fans are impatient. 

We have talent,  it is just depleted.   it will take time For the current players to learn the new system and style (which is quite different than Gus'.)   It will take time to bring in the players that fit Harsin's style.  It will take time for Harsin to get all the logistics and office work in order.  His style is so different than Gus, Harsin is basically starting from scratch.

2021 has the potential to be a vary bad year for us.

I just want to see improvement from 2021 to 2022 to 2023.  Not necessarily more wins, but playing better ball  becoming more competitive until this gets straightened out.  As long as I see progression  I don't care if we start off 3-9.     Well,  I'll care a little bit, but will not hold  it against Harsin.

2 hours ago, creed said:

Hey Anthony, don't be a twidiot.  You can come talk to me man to man about this. CBH.

Exactly. Players tweeting about their coaches and/or team are begging for the boot.

Ask Kylin Hill and Chuba Hubbard how their Senior seasons worked out for them.

Keep your mouth shut, stay off of Twitter, stay humble and get to the League.

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

The average fan does not understand this.  Fans are impatient. 

We gave Barfield 5 years and Malzahn 8 years. Auburn fans are the opposite of impatient. It's not about the record at first, it's about how they play and seeing consistent improvement in all phases. If that happens, the record will come.

17 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I don't care if we start off 3-9.     Well,  I'll care a little bit, but will not hold  it against Harsin.

Mario's buyout would become a bit more plausible than Harsin's was.

Archived