2021 3* S Juwon Gaston Signs With AU!

Zeek

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Does that mean he has done something about his grades and will be enrolling soon or is he talking about after JC?

32 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Does that mean he has done something about his grades and will be enrolling soon or is he talking about after JC?

After JC

• 3 weeks later...

I had read where Harsin and Mason wanted Gaston to prove he was committed to academics. Glad they were successful and Gaston did the work necessary to to enroll at Auburn. He spent one semester at Hutchinson Junior College. He was not a non-qualifier.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I guess that means he won’t play juco ball this season? Will it be considered a redshirt year?

@Zeek might have the answer to that question. 

Looks like he's on the roster for Hutchinson so I would assume he'll be a sophomore for the 2022 season. If he sees the field in 2021.

Edited by Paladin

53 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I guess that means he won’t play juco ball this season? Will it be considered a redshirt year?

He did the preseason work with that team I'm not sure if he'll play a game or not. Just know he'll be here in January barring a mess up. 

FWIW he doesn't count towards the 2021 class but the 2022 class. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He did the preseason work with that team I'm not sure if he'll play a game or not. Just know he'll be here in January barring a mess up. 

FWIW he doesn't count towards the 2021 class but the 2022 class. 

24/7 shows that he signed a letter of intent for 2021.  Does that mean that he takes one of the 25 slots in both 2021 and 2022?

16 minutes ago, aublaise said:

24/7 shows that he signed a letter of intent for 2021.  Does that mean that he takes one of the 25 slots in both 2021 and 2022?

Nope only when he receives financial aid. Never enrolled.

• Like 1

I love this move. Good for JG for doing the work, and good for the coaches for putting it on his shoulders to prove his commitment to academics. Look forward to seeing him at AU. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, gravejd said:

I don't know why he wouldn't play JUCO ball this season. If he took their scholarship money, he should hold up his end of the bargain and help them win games. He'll still have three years of eligibility left.