MLB Moves All Star Game From Atlanta

Proud Tiger

On 4/6/2021 at 12:18 AM, Brad_ATX said:

See if you can follow me here:

As Commissioner, he's not speaking for himself, but for baseball.  His employers are the owners of each franchise.

Just the same as me going to work every day but having different political views than my employers.

I just doubt that he spoke with the owners before making the decision.  If anything, most of the owners likely put their hand over their face and thought "why do we have to step in this?"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2021 at 8:12 AM, cole256 said:

The area you say you from and you haven't ever seen systemic racism? That's PT type of posting right there. Wow

Tell me what systemic racism is..

5 hours ago, alexava said:

It is the leftist’s view of blaming whites for all problems in society.  Never mind “personal responsibility “.

26 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

It is the leftist’s view of blaming whites for all problems in society.  Never mind “personal responsibility “.

Or self analysis.  We live in a world that can’t take any blame for our current situation.

Imagine....generally conservative corporations taking a position opposed to  conservative politicians who continue to beg for money from said corporations. 
Ironically, in the vacuum of our legislators, corporations have begun to stand up. An increase in the minimum wage is overdue... corporations have taken the lead. Federal legislation is needed to assure there is an across the board standard...

8 hours ago, alexava said:

Thanks for asking Alex

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Tucker, is that you?

Why the question?

11 hours ago, tomcat said:

Imagine....generally conservative corporations taking a position opposed to  conservative politicians who continue to beg for money from said corporations. 
Ironically, in the vacuum of our legislators, corporations have begun to stand up. An increase in the minimum wage is overdue... corporations have taken the lead. Federal legislation is needed to assure there is an across the board standard...

Why, when businesses are taking the lead? Trying to understand what you mean.

22 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why, when businesses are taking the lead? Trying to understand what you mean.

Easy...there are always laggard that require a law.

On 4/8/2021 at 9:20 AM, AU9377 said:

I just doubt that he spoke with the owners before making the decision.  If anything, most of the owners likely put their hand over their face and thought "why do we have to step in this?"

Do you make major decisions without checking with your bosses?

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Do you make major decisions without checking with your bosses?

I'm not a commissioner of a league.  Many of the franchises are owned by ownership groups. The Braves made it very clear that they did not support or endorse the decision. They are owned by Liberty Media, headquartered in Colorado. 

I don't know of anyone on the right that really cares if the game is moved or not.  I don't like the bill, but my problem with the bill isn't disenfranchisement of voters.  It simply doesn't do that.  The dangerous portions of the law surround the removal of the Sec of State from election oversight in favor of a political appointee.

Will MLB now review every state's election laws?  Of course not.  Georgia's voting access is much more voter friendly than many states, including New York, NJ, Deleware & Virginia, to name a few.

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I'm not a commissioner of a league.  Many of the franchises are owned by ownership groups.

Not the point.  The Commissioner is hired by and paid by the owners.  Groups or individuals, the Commisioner is beholden to their interests. 

6 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not the point.  The Commissioner is hired by and paid by the owners.  Groups or individuals, the Commisioner is beholden to their interests. 

Yes, but for the general public to see those actions as anything more than pandering to one group or another, they must have merit.

I saw  black dude on a tv news show, possible fox news as a guest who claimed an example of systemic racism was that there were many more shades of pantyhose for white women than there were for black women.  I had no idea. 

On 4/8/2021 at 11:26 AM, alexava said:

So you don't know what it is?

On 4/8/2021 at 5:01 PM, PUB78 said:

You definitely have a tiki torch somewhere

On 4/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Or self analysis.  We live in a world that can’t take any blame for our current situation.

The can't take any blame is absolutely true. 

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

You definitely have a tiki torch somewhere

And you must have a few bricks short of a full load .

5 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

And you must have a few bricks short of a full load .

Lol. 👌🏾 bucko

Also too if you're one of those guys that can look and see all the stuff that's happening but still try to pretend that racism doesn't exist but call yourself a Christian......You can't really believe that you are going to heaven.

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

The can't take any blame is absolutely true. 

I was talking about the individual here; for example, if you are learning a skill and are critiqued for doing something wrong you have two options.  1) take responsibility and analyze if that critique is genuine and do something about it, or 2) blow it off because you do not believe the criticism is honest and never self analyze to see if the information is true.

If you are talking more broadly, as in politics, we live in a society that does not honor taking blame and apologizing as a virtue.  Hence the cancel culture.

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You can't really believe that you are going to heaven

A complete lack of self-awareness is the main problem with most of these clowns. Well, that or empathy, but the two seem to go hand in hand. 

systematic racisim is a system, governed by a set of rules or laws that disproportionately effects a certain race of people. 

Common claim of systematic racism   is black speeders who get pulled over at a higher % than white speeders.     
Of course people usually cite a study that claims that that white people speed just as much as black and they use this as concrete proof that systematic racism exists.  

Well,  not so fast.    How fast were they speeding (there is obviously a difference and threshold for officers to give tickets over a speed limit)  Does your vehicle catch more attention than the typical passenger vehicle,   Vigilance during driving  if you blow past an officer doing the limit  yea they will pull you over.    There are too many factors to point to one study to say that this is a clear cut case of systematic racism  and they ignore the fact that they were actually speeding. 

basically  in most claims of systematic racism boils down to  "I got caught doing something and i take no responsibility for my actions  so it must be racism  but i cant point to one specific person or action of a person  who is being racist"  so it must be systematic racism.    

im sure ill get some thumbs down and post offering no real evidence of systematic racism  but i dont care.      If there are real cases of this  i will stand with those affected  but i wont accuse someone of being a racist because they dont agree with me. 

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I was talking about the individual here; for example, if you are learning a skill and are critiqued for doing something wrong you have two options.  1) take responsibility and analyze if that critique is genuine and do something about it, or 2) blow it off because you do not believe the criticism is honest and never self analyze to see if the information is true.

If you are talking more broadly, as in politics, we live in a society that does not honor taking blame and apologizing as a virtue.  Hence the cancel culture.

No I'm talking more that it's to a point where things can literally be caught in 4k and people will still say something like it's not racism. I think it's hilarious people have become more of protectors for people who get cancelled as opposed to standing up and saying no that's wrong we won't tolerate racism......but go Tigers!!

Archived