Georgia Transfer KD Johnson commits to AU

GwillMac6

Hate losing out on Trey and Scooter, but we have done an excellent job of getting some talented dudes around the margin. I don't think we're any where near the college equivalent of this team, but the 2019-20 Lakers really cut their teeth on getting talented players to buy in on being rotation dudes, or even on the bubble rotation players, ready to play their role. 

You can live with a bevy of smart secondary playmakers that may not be stars, as long as your big names step up. And I do believe Flan, Jabari and hopefully Kessler can be the foundation  

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 3

You have what, Japser, Sills, Johnson, Cambridge and occasionally Flan? Five legitimately good-great defensive guards? 

We should have the size down low plus the defensive lineups to return to form and win those ugly games. Of course...will need better ball handling and less dumb passes in this moment. But Ill blame that on youth and guys consistently being in and out of the rotation 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hate losing out on Trey and Scooter, but we have done an excellent job of getting some talented dudes around the margin. I don't think we're any where near the college equivalent of this team, but the 2019-20 Lakers really cut their teeth on getting talented players to buy in on being rotation dudes, or even on the bubble rotation players, ready to play their role. 

You can live with a bevy of smart secondary playmakers that may not be stars, as long as your big names step up. And I do believe Flan, Jabari and hopefully Kessler can be the foundation  

Yeah how does Bruce keep pulling rabbits out of the hat?

I am not into BB like most you guys, but I doubt the blue bloods are getting the quality of transfers Bruce is getting.  Well, if they are, I am surprised.

Edited by Beaker

On 5/18/2021 at 2:59 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah UK is going to be a problem if that coaching staff has any X and Os intellect left. That’s a scary ass roster they have currently 

But didn’t their x and o intellect leave when Tony Barbee left them? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s going to take me a minute to process what we have as a team for next season 😂. So much has changed from last season. The trick is going to be pulling together a team out of all these guys. But man we have some talented guys to try and figure it out with. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Yeah how does Bruce keep pulling rabbits out of the hat?

I am not into BB like most you guys, but I doubt the blue bloods are getting the quality of transfers Bruce is getting.  Well, if they are, I am surprised.

I do think it is worth mentioning how we do have a trend of finishing 2nd or 3rd with some of these 5 star guards, and that's something you'd like to see flip with how important the position is here. Maybe not due to it being a NEED, but just to have a glimpse of how it operates with a blue chip prospect (ala Sharife) AND a contending team (not 2020). 

As long as he's turning guys that are a tier or two behind those that are the cream of the crop into winners, it's hard to argue with the result 

• Like 1

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSIRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As Mike Price likes to say ITS ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@fredst@DAG @McLoofus GET IN HERE Y'all crazy hooligans!!!! IT IS A FREAKING PARTY!!!!! AND WE GOING ALL NIGHT LONG UNTIL THE SUN COMES UP!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it ain't a official AU commitment party until y'all come through!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Like 1

HOW DO I FEEL ABOUT OUR TEAMS CHANCES NEXT SEASON?!??! WE GOING TO WIN THE SEX TOURNAMENT AGAIN!!!!! LEGGGOOOOOOOOOOO BOYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Haha 3

• GwillMac6 changed the title to **** Georgia G Transfer KD Johnson commits to AU!!!! ****
29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@fredst@DAG @McLoofus GET IN HERE Y'all crazy hooligans!!!! IT IS A FREAKING PARTY!!!!! AND WE GOING ALL NIGHT LONG UNTIL THE SUN COMES UP!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it ain't a official AU commitment party until y'all come through!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866r9hjiwkn0fd1dk7xz

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

Our depth is insane. 247 keeps insisting Bruce isn't giving up on Scoot... don't think he pulls it off but if anyone can it's him.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I JUST CAME THRough wait what

Screw it, YOU SORRY ASS SNIFFING LEG HUMPERS CAN SUUUUUUUUUUUCK IT WDE KDJ BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE LFGOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

HOW DO I FEEL ABOUT OUR TEAMS CHANCES NEXT SEASON?!??! WE GOING TO WIN THE SEX TOURNAMENT AGAIN!!!!! LEGGGOOOOOOOOOOO BOYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo. Gonna go all the way. Wilt and Big Poppa Pump will be jealous. Meet the new big bad booty daddy. LOL I know you get the reference my friend. 

• Haha 1

Bruce Pearl used the transfer portal perfectly! The last couple of years the main criticism about him was that he left our guard position severely thin, especially at the 1. He has definitely did a 180 on it this year. We went from having 0 depth to having one of the deepest benches in all of college basketball, imo. Very happy to get another quality transfer guard with experience that can come in and allow us to compete for a championship for Jabari!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Now we're talking. Serious experienced ball handlers. Let these guys find and embrace their roles. Mesh as a team. IF they buy in on effort and hustle on defense, Bruce could sub at will and turn up the heat almost at will. Create some serious chaos. Up tempo. They may not knock your socks off individually, but as a group, I'm hoping they can bring some energy and win with sheer numbers. I'm stoked at the real possibility of wearing down opponents mentally and physically. Let's get those pick up games started asap!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got video of @GwillMac6when he saw the announcement:

714F84C8-882E-4876-B21E-BF76A207E981.gif

And his house for the after party:

D4CDF567-9EE2-44FF-9255-845B855F49C6.gif

WAR DAMN BBBBBAAAAYYYYYBBBBAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by fredst
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Let's get those pick up games started asap!

Not sure if this is part of why you said this, but Bruce mentioned in the AL.com article he was seriously considering allowing them to play pickup games this summer to see how they play without structure. No better way to figure out the roles. Brilliant. I wish I could see those pickup games.

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am trying to recall the Georgia games this season. It seems like I recall this guy giving Cooper fits defensively. Not sure what coopers stats were in those two games but was remembering that cooper had to work hard against this guy in those games. 

What a stunning roster overhaul by Bruce. Going to be an interesting year in the SEC for sure. Should help several teams be ready for tournament play. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jared52 said:

What a stunning roster overhaul by Bruce. Going to be an interesting year in the SEC for sure. Should help several teams be ready for tournament play. 

Went from multiple seasons in a row of no depth to this. With 1 spot open if Thor doesn't come back ... my goodness the amount of work that Pearl and his staff has done in the portal coming off of a postseason ban!

When you have Jaylin Freakin' Williams coming off the bench! You know you have some petty damn good depth.

• Love 3