Georgia Transfer KD Johnson commits to AU

GwillMac6

He and Green look like high energy guys that could be swapped out without missing a beat.  Would he play PG?

On 5/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, jared52 said:

If so does that mean Scoot to G-League is done?

@jared52 Nope! Scoot has a spot on roster no matter when he makes his decision.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@jared52 Nope! Scoot has a spot on roster no matter when he makes his decision.

So you feel both players would be willing to share time? I suppose this assumes Scoot is going to reclassify.

KD Johnson height wise is going to have to be a 1, but I really do feel like he’s going to be an off ball player for the most part

I don’t think we get Scoot, but a world where KD is the “1” and Scoot is the “2” makes sense to me 

20 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Kentucky is back to stacking their team.  I really think Cal felt the heat from the fanbase this year. I think he has done a better job this year of finding a balance of experience and skill. They will be tougher. But we should be too. 

Yeah UK is going to be a problem if that coaching staff has any X and Os intellect left. That’s a scary ass roster they have currently 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

UGA's backcourt taking a big hit? How about the WHOLE team? They are losing 10 players w/ 3 left. 

😮   i had no idea the program was falling apart that badly. Holy crap that is amazing. What is Crean doing over there that makes him so terrible to play for?? He managed to recruit some decent players at uga and i was wondering if he may be starting to turn a corner there with how they finished strong last season. Crazy times with whole teams coming and going like they are right now. Glad we are on the positive side of things so far this offseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

So you feel both players would be willing to share time? I suppose this assumes Scoot is going to reclassify.

I mean it doesn't matter. Scoot is going to the g league Friday. Anyone believing anything else is setting themselves up for heartbreak.

53 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

KD Johnson height wise is going to have to be a 1, but I really do feel like he’s going to be an off ball player for the most part

I don’t think we get Scoot, but a world where KD is the “1” and Scoot is the “2” makes sense to me 

Our PG and SG rotation will be Wendell and Jasper at the 1 and KD and Desi at the 2.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Our PG and SG rotation will be Wendell and Jasper at the 1 and KD and Desi at the 2.

I think you are right...and that's not a bad set of 1's and 2's.  Scoot would be an amazing pick up, but it will be hard to convince a kid (who would probably have to play 2 yrs because of his age) to come to college and go to class instead of going to the G-league and getting paid...and no Organic Chemistry at Langdon Hall...

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, steeleagle said:

HArd to believe Pearl is going to take Scoot AND Johnson. Something's got to give here.

We lost 4 guards this year, and we are replacing them w/ 5 guards based on your comment? I don't see it. 

...Why not? We kinda ran out of guards last season. It would make sense to me to make sure and take 5 to replace the 4 leaving. I mean, that still leaves 8 scholarships for the other 3 positions, and 8/3 > 5/2, so it's not as if the position distribution would be off any. Just because we had less guards than we should have had last year doesn't mean we should stick to the same pattern and hope for the best...

This roster is interesting is that, basically all the new guards seem like guys that would've been heavy ball handlers, tasked to do a ton in previous Auburn seasons. 

Not calling them selfish exactly, but it'll be interesting to see how this transitions from a system that's been historically guard dominant to one that has its most talented fellas littered throughout the front court...with 3-4 very talented guards. Bruce has a really good problem, JT and Scoot or not

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

I think you are right...and that's not a bad set of 1's and 2's.  Scoot would be an amazing pick up, but it will be hard to convince a kid (who would probably have to play 2 yrs because of his age) to come to college and go to class instead of going to the G-league and getting paid...and no Organic Chemistry at Langdon Hall...

Do you mean Organic Gardening 😀? I sailed that ship in the summer of ‘99. A legendary class on the Plains!

6 hours ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

Do you mean Organic Gardening 😀? I sailed that ship in the summer of ‘99. A legendary class on the Plains!

Yes, I did...lol...the Pop Quiz Man will probably come get me for my mistake!

today is his announcement right?

23 hours ago, AUGoo said:

He and Green look like high energy guys that could be swapped out without missing a beat.  Would he play PG?

KD, I don't think will play the 1. If you look at his stats, his assist to TO ratio is not very good. I think he only averaged about 1 assist a game. 

But he can score, and he shoots a decent 3 pt shot. Remember he also did not get to play(like Sharife) until the SEC season. To put in perspective, he had one game where he scored 17 points in only 21 minutes of play. Dang good.

I think someone else posted this ,but he will be best as the off guard. Now he could play SOME 1, if needed, but I don't see anyone other than Green, who is a natural PG, starting at that position.

Announcing at 4:00 PM Auburn time

• Like 1

0F1883FB-E547-490B-A6B7-C53BBE3F932D.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

This is tremendous!  (Friday is now a non-issue)

I am stoked!