#1 JUCO DL Jeffery M’ba. Commits to Auburn!!!!

Sizzle

52 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Holy crap he wears 300 lbs well!

Who have we had at this size with this build/lean body fat?  Carl Lawson was ripped but he was just 260.  I looked at some old photos of Nick Fairly, and Nick looks like "fat man in a little coat" compared to this.  I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Somebody said look like Tarzan and play like Jane . Didn’t rocker say that ?

That's a common phrase, I wouldn't be surprised if Rocker did. I loved his candor.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's a common phrase, I wouldn't be surprised if Rocker did. I loved his candor.

Rocker and Garner both pulled no punches. Especially for the guys who didn’t have the fire and will to get better. Life was hard if you didn’t bleed for it on the DLine . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Who have we had at this size with this build/lean body fat? 

Pffft please

Signed,

M’ba wears Greg Smith pajamas

6175261.jpg

Edited by Viper

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

Joel Bonomolo

snicker-laughing.gif

Bonomolo makes me chuckle.   I remember being excited about him when he signed in 2010.   I looked for his stats and all I see is 1 tackle in 7 appearance in 2 years.   Is that the true stat(s) of his career?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Bonomolo makes me chuckle.   I remember being excited about him when he signed in 2010.   I looked for his stats and all I see is 1 tackle in 7 appearance in 2 years.   Is that the true stat(s) of his career?

You see my reaction.  

That's it, 7 in two

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I say I'm afraid to look, but with my track record, I probably had him as my Man-crush. 

download (2).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Over the years we have all gotten overly excited by the player that came in and looked like Charles Atlas and when looking at numbers like 40 and cone drill looked like sure things who disappointed us. There is no test for Fire in your Gut and Football IQ. Bonomolo is one that I over-reacted to also.

As many of you know I played Rugby for close to 50 years. While playing for Belmont Shore one of best teams in the US we had a new player show up who was American but who had spent a year in Australia to improve his game. He played Prop he was just under 6' tall and around 300 pounds which it appeared at least 30 of it was beer gut. I took one look at him and immediately under estimated him. In Rugby to play prop you need to be big but can't carry fat as you run so much 2 40 minute halves no time outs or huddles constant motion. Most guys who played OT in college would need to lose 20-30 pounds and improve cardio to be any good.

Turns out this over weight slob (My first opinion) could run all day was extremely fast and had great technique he destroyed me in one on one drills. Normally Props beat hookers in one on one drills but not as badly as he beat me. He became our starting Tight Head Prop and even made it as a backup on the US national Team. My point is appearance can be deceiving.

• Thanks 1

I had a guy tell me a story a few years ago. He was an avid runner in his 40's. He ran into a former D1 athlete at a car dealership who had become what appeared to be an overweight, out of shape slob. They got to talking and what do you know a foot race (I'm assuming a 40 yarder) ensued.  I'm not sure of the extent of the bet, but that overweight slob obliterated the fit runner in an embarrassing fashion. You can't always judge the book...

On 12/20/2021 at 6:43 PM, LPTiger said:

Who have we had at this size with this build/lean body fat?  Carl Lawson was ripped but he was just 260.  I looked at some old photos of Nick Fairly, and Nick looks like "fat man in a little coat" compared to this.  I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Wade Christopher - WDE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Over the years we have all gotten overly excited by the player that came in and looked like Charles Atlas and when looking at numbers like 40 and cone drill looked like sure things who disappointed us. There is no test for Fire in your Gut and Football IQ. Bonomolo is one that I over-reacted to also.

As many of you know I played Rugby for close to 50 years. While playing for Belmont Shore one of best teams in the US we had a new player show up who was American but who had spent a year in Australia to improve his game. He played Prop he was just under 6' tall and around 300 pounds which it appeared at least 30 of it was beer gut. I took one look at him and immediately under estimated him. In Rugby to play prop you need to be big but can't carry fat as you run so much 2 40 minute halves no time outs or huddles constant motion. Most guys who played OT in college would need to lose 20-30 pounds and improve cardio to be any good.

Turns out this over weight slob (My first opinion) could run all day was extremely fast and had great technique he destroyed me in one on one drills. Normally Props beat hookers in one on one drills but not as badly as he beat me. He became our starting Tight Head Prop and even made it as a backup on the US national Team. My point is appearance can be deceiving.

I LOVE Rugby!  Such a fast and physical game.  Blows me away that it really hasn't picked up in the US like it has in Europe, Australia, South Africa, and the Home of the All Blacks,,New Zealand.

And those guys can ball.

Edited by 1716AU

I played with this dude named Vincent.   How many guys named Vincent were athletes?  Something about this cat was different though.   He was about 6'1" 220.  His home to first time was around 3.7.  He could stand flat footed in center and "toss" the ball to home with the ball getting no more than 20-25 feet off the ground.  He could hit one off the handle and muscle it into the transformers beyond left field.   If I recall correctly he wore number 29.  Maybe someone on here might remember him.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I played with this dude named Vincent.   How many guys named Vincent were athletes?  Something about this cat was different though.   He was about 6'1" 220.  His home to first time was around 3.7.  He could stand flat footed in center and "toss" the ball to home with the ball getting no more than 20-25 feet off the ground.  He could hit one off the handle and muscle it into the transformers beyond left field.   If I recall correctly he wore number 29.  Maybe someone on here might remember him.   

Oh, so you played with him in 7th grade?

41 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I remember a cat named Vincent “Bo” Jackson.  I think some of you may have heard of him.

On 12/21/2021 at 10:03 AM, Viper said:

Pffft please

Signed,

M’ba wears Greg Smith pajamas

6175261.jpg

If I recall correctly, he couldn't finish a mile run when he showed up.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

If I recall correctly, he couldn't finish a mile run when he showed up.

He obviously finished the 128oz steak challenge.

On 12/20/2021 at 8:43 AM, McLoofus said:

Um, there are a ton of adults who collectively dictate the logistics of these things more than the kids do. 

It's not like he was producing it himself on his cell phone in his bedroom. 

I understand. And I’m beyond stoked we got him.  I was just commenting on how these kids, in general, are lackadaisical, push back their announcements, etc. However, this is a huge time for them and I understand them milking it.  I was just grouchy in general.  And it always seems like the kids that delay their announcements and play tricks, never stick. I understand that that was not the case here. I think he’s going to be phenomenal and great job by the coaches