#1 JUCO DL Jeffery M’ba. Commits to Auburn!!!!

Sizzle

13 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

And it always seems like the kids that delay their announcements and play tricks, never stick.

That's pretty much the norm. The "it's all about me" stuff reveals some flaws that exist in other areas as well.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's pretty much the norm. The "it's all about me" stuff reveals some flaws that exist in other areas as well.

I think people are much more complicated than this. Can’t paint everyone with the same wide brush (IMO).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I think people are much more complicated than this. Can’t paint everyone with the same wide brush (IMO).

Of course everyone can't be painted with the same brush. What I said was that the "me first" stuff is the norm. There are some outside of the norm. M'ba clearly had a special situation.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Of course everyone can't be painted with the same brush. What I said was that the "me first" stuff is the norm. There are some outside of the norm. M'ba clearly had a special situation.

I understood. I just didn’t agree with the premise. I don’t see players considering themselves (me first is the way you described it) anymore negative than a player being “processed” off the team to make room for a potentially “better” player. We tend to accept that as just part of Auburn getting better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I understood. I just didn’t agree with the premise. I don’t see players considering themselves (me first is the way you described it) anymore negative than a player being “processed” off the team to make room for a potentially “better” player. We tend to accept that as just part of Auburn getting better.

I'd say both are negatives. I wonder how many players who want to stay at AU, have kept their noses clean and done what is asked of them get processed. I'd guess very, very few. In recent years we haven't had a problem with the 85 limit, so there has been no need to move kids out who are doing their part. Troublemakers, slackers and the Me First guys may be encouraged to hit the road. I'm not aware of any solid citizens being processed out.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd say both are negatives. I wonder how many players who want to stay at AU, have kept their noses clean and done what is asked of them get processed. I'd guess very, very few. In recent years we haven't had a problem with the 85 limit, so there has been no need to move kids out who are doing their part. Troublemakers, slackers and the Me First guys may be encouraged to hit the road. I'm not aware of any solid citizens being processed out.

IMO, you are painting again. Many assumptions in all that.

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

IMO, you are painting again. Many assumptions in all that.

Can you name one who fits the description of a solid citizen and who has been run off against his will? The only reason to do that would be bumping against the 85 ceiling and we haven't had a problem with that lately.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Can you name one who fits the description of a solid citizen and who has been run off against his will? The only reason to do that would be bumping against the 85 ceiling and we haven't had a problem with that lately.

Shivers is one that comes to mind. I consider him to be a solid citizen (not sure of your definition of one). I am also not sure if he fits your description of run off, but fits my description of someone looking for more playing time that our coaching staff obviously was not going to give him. My point is all who choose to leave for one reason or another are not always bad guys and painting them that way is way to simplistic. I’m sure everyone is tired of our discussion so I will quit. Have a great Christmas.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 3:49 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Jeremiah Wright is gonna end up being very good at NT

Pretty much everyone has him moving to OL and he's been practicing there this bowl prep

On 12/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, Hank2020 said:

Shivers is one that comes to mind. I consider him to be a solid citizen (not sure of your definition of one). I am also not sure if he fits your description of run off, but fits my description of someone looking for more playing time that our coaching staff obviously was not going to give him. My point is all who choose to leave for one reason or another are not always bad guys and painting them that way is way to simplistic. I’m sure everyone is tired of our discussion so I will quit. Have a great Christmas.

Yeah man, don't fall into that. He'll just make up whatever nonsense definition of good citizen or whatever that fits his nonsense argument and then he'll have you arguing about that instead of the nonsense point he originally made and which he knows is complete horse***t. 

He's got half this website wrapped around his little finger. Folks line up to indulge him. It's embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty much everyone has him moving to OL and he's been practicing there this bowl prep

This was posted a week ago when people thought he would still be on the defensive side. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Gone need Mason to reel him back in now that Eason left 

He's signed. I suppose he could try to wiggle out of it, but a player who has signed is a lot easier to hang on to than one who has only committed.

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

He's signed. I suppose he could try to wiggle out of it, but a player who has signed is a lot easier to hang on to than one who has only committed.

I’m good with hog-tying him if that is what it takes to keep him here.

• Like 1