Celebration Drink?

AUSwim

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So funny Balvenie story.  My buddy and I were drinking in a college bar in Columbia, MO before our game in 2017 there.  Saw a bottle of Balvenie 12 and asked the bartender how much a shot cost.  This was the ensuing convo:

Bartender: "No one ever drinks that.  Let me check.  <quick pause>  Kind of pricey.  $5 per shot."

Me and my friend look at each other, nod, and I go:

"Just bring the bottle here."

Lol. That’s a steal. I hope y’all polished that bottle off

• Like 1

8 hours ago, selias said:

Just gonna roll from our Nix transfer thread in the other section...Old Fashioned. That's always a perfect drink.

If made properly. A lot of them... aren't.

Fortunately the two I had Tuesday night were made perfectly. Rittenhouse Rye. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So funny Balvenie story.  My buddy and I were drinking in a college bar in Columbia, MO before our game in 2017 there.  Saw a bottle of Balvenie 12 and asked the bartender how much a shot cost.  This was the ensuing convo:

Bartender: "No one ever drinks that.  Let me check.  <quick pause>  Kind of pricey.  $5 per shot."

Me and my friend look at each other, nod, and I go:

"Just bring the bottle here."

God I love college town prices

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUSwim said:

Mods, move if not the correct place.

Personally I think this was a really good day for Auburn football. Two questions:

• Name a drink that would rate today's recruiting success
  • Name the drink you will have tonight to celebrate (or drown your sorrows) with

For me, I think the answers are the same; I think I'll celebrate with a Lagavulin 16. a darn good single malt I really enjoy. Like my selection, today was not the best recruiting Auburn has had and we'll have better in the future but this was way better than I thought it would be and not a "house brand" day.

Cheers Fam!!!!

Also an Islay man, but like a couple others said, the Lagavalin 16 is a little rich for me for yesterday. Could very well be appropriate in February, though.

I celebrated preemptively on Tuesday night. I'm glad I didn't jinx anything.

I did drink some Lagavalin 12 at the end of the iron bowl. Even though I was sad and angry, it seemed appropriate. And at 112 proof, it paired very well with the pain. 

4 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I actually did a shot of peanut butter whiskey 😛 Definitely not the norm, but not gonna lie, it was good.

I won't lie, peanut butter whiskey scares me. I do like pecan whiskey with RumChata, delicious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUSwim said:

I won't lie, peanut butter whiskey scares me. I do like pecan whiskey with RumChata, delicious.

Haha. The pecan is good stuff. I live on the coast in bushwhacker land. A peanut butter floater in a bushwhacker isn't uncommon. I actually like it more than I expected. It is very peanut buttery, only 60 proof though.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 9:00 AM, boisnumber1 said:

Haha. The pecan is good stuff. I live on the coast in bushwhacker land. A peanut butter floater in a bushwhacker isn't uncommon. I actually like it more than I expected. It is very peanut buttery, only 60 proof though.

So I never heard of a bushwacker and had to look it up, sounds delicious. We make a chocolate martini type drink and love it but this sounds even better. Definitely going to try; both with and without the peanut butter whiskey floater.