Jump to content
Null

Zeek...


AUght2win
 Share

Recommended Posts





33 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It was released recently that we spent less than $1m in recruiting this last cycle while the average in the SEC was $1.5m and even the ACC's average eclipsed $1.1m

The more coming out about Harsin and his hired personnel botching the Junior Day and similar events isn't promising. Auburn relies heavily on these in person visits being spectacular. We can't point to recent success, NFL draft success, consistency, or anything along those lines so we really count on the town and university to sell itself coupled with relationships.

Now the whole world knows our dirty laundry and both sides have lobbed little grenades at each other publicly.

There is a reason I haven't and won't be posting much. This is an absolute nightmare of a situation to be quite blunt and now things are worse. For the record I didn't want Harsin gone originally (now I'm conflicted because I don't know what is true and what isn't). But once the university went down this path they should have been willing to pull the trigger regardless of whether or not we would be stuck with a buyout.

Here we are not willing to pay a buyout for a coach the PTB obviously don't want and a culture (as coworkers) that is so bad we have a DC leaving for the same position at a lesser program for $400k less. There are some serious and deep issues for both the football program and administration/boosters.

Short answer; enjoy almost any other sport at Auburn.

Very fair and very depressing. What a nightmare. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It was released recently that we spent less than $1m in recruiting this last cycle while the average in the SEC was $1.5m and even the ACC's average eclipsed $1.1m

The more coming out about Harsin and his hired personnel botching the Junior Day and similar events isn't promising. Auburn relies heavily on these in person visits being spectacular. We can't point to recent success, NFL draft success, consistency, or anything along those lines so we really count on the town and university to sell itself coupled with relationships.

Now the whole world knows our dirty laundry and both sides have lobbed little grenades at each other publicly.

There is a reason I haven't and won't be posting much. This is an absolute nightmare of a situation to be quite blunt and now things are worse. For the record I didn't want Harsin gone originally (now I'm conflicted because I don't know what is true and what isn't). But once the university went down this path they should have been willing to pull the trigger regardless of whether or not we would be stuck with a buyout.

Here we are not willing to pay a buyout for a coach the PTB obviously don't want and a culture (as coworkers) that is so bad we have a DC leaving for the same position at a lesser program for $400k less. There are some serious and deep issues for both the football program and administration/boosters.

Short answer; enjoy almost any other sport at Auburn.

Zeek - This wouldn't happen, but why does my gut tell me that if Saban retired and UA called Harsin to be their HC, he would not even hesitate in his acceptance? Other perceived high-profile schools might apply here also. But I just don't get the impression that AU is his dream job. If it is, I stand corrected. JMO wde

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Very fair and very depressing. What a nightmare. 

They have broken my sunshine pump. Only thing that saves us is a very good season and a smart OC hire.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, AU North said:

Zeek - This wouldn't happen, but why does my gut tell me that if Saban retired and UA called Harsin to be their HC, he would not even hesitate in his acceptance? Other perceived high-profile schools might apply here also. But I just don't get the impression that AU is his dream job. If it is, I stand corrected. JMO wde

Auburn is the absolute pinnacle for a guy like Harsin now. He'll never have a better job offer if he doesn't win here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

They have broken my sunshine pump. Only thing that saves us is a very good season and a smart OC hire.

Let’s be honest, we have never recruited great. When we had high ranking recruiting classes there were massive needs that still went unmet. None of us know the whole story but you can’t tell me with an honest face that these guys were supporting him. Maybe he told them to F off, I don’t know but I do know there is a common denominator going back over 30 years now. Is it possible this could turn into a purge Auburn needed? I’m trying to be optimistic. I cannot get behind people that see a vulnerable situation and make up allegations and drag kids and families through the mud to get their way. It’s clear that they are willing to hurt Auburn to have what they want. Harsin might not be the guy but I bet he bought himself some time. It wouldn’t surprise me to see possibly some lawsuits coming up. I don’t think this is over. It might be off topic. Sorry not much about recruiting in there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, wcware said:

Let’s be honest, we have never recruited great. When we had high ranking recruiting classes there were massive needs that still went unmet. None of us know the whole story but you can’t tell me with an honest face that these guys were supporting him. Maybe he told them to F off, I don’t know but I do know there is a common denominator going back over 30 years now. Is it possible this could turn into a purge Auburn needed? I’m trying to be optimistic. I cannot get behind people that see a vulnerable situation and make up allegations and drag kids and families through the mud to get their way. It’s clear that they are willing to hurt Auburn to have what they want. Harsin might not be the guy but I bet he bought himself some time. It wouldn’t surprise me to see possibly some lawsuits coming up. I don’t think this is over. It might be off topic. Sorry not much about recruiting in there.

Facilities have been a major issue for a minute now.

Recruiting budget has been an issue for a minute now.

The infrastructure of the football recruiting department was lacking.

Gus never really put the work in for recruiting during the football season. That is why we saw so many late pushes.

OL though I have no answer for what the hell we have been doing there for years. Missing on an evaluation is one thing but straight up not signing high school tackles is wild to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, wcware said:

Let’s be honest, we have never recruited great. When we had high ranking recruiting classes there were massive needs that still went unmet. None of us know the whole story but you can’t tell me with an honest face that these guys were supporting him. Maybe he told them to F off, I don’t know but I do know there is a common denominator going back over 30 years now. Is it possible this could turn into a purge Auburn needed? I’m trying to be optimistic. I cannot get behind people that see a vulnerable situation and make up allegations and drag kids and families through the mud to get their way. It’s clear that they are willing to hurt Auburn to have what they want. Harsin might not be the guy but I bet he bought himself some time. It wouldn’t surprise me to see possibly some lawsuits coming up. I don’t think this is over. It might be off topic. Sorry not much about recruiting in there.

Never recruited well? I don't know how you could possibly justify that. Our usual for the past decade+ is somewhere around 8 or 9th nationally. I think Chizik had a top 5 class. Tubberville pulled some big recruits. I'm not buying this logic. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Auburn is the absolute pinnacle for a guy like Harsin now. He'll never have a better job offer if he doesn't win here.

I don’t think it’s the pinnacle but he certainly has to succeed or his career is done as HC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Never recruited well? I don't know how you could possibly justify that. Our usual for the past decade+ is somewhere around 8 or 9th nationally. I think Chizik had a top 5 class. Tubberville pulled some big recruits. I'm not buying this logic. 

Let me rephrase. Other than a couple of years recruiting rankings did not reflect our record on the field.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only hope is NIL. The admin/boosters swung and missed. Now, they need to accept the consequences and fork up even more money for recruiting. Likewise, Harsin needs to swallow his pride and check his ego and accept/embrace NIL.

In terms of actual recruiting, it's more of a needs thing imo. We need help everywhere, but desperately in the trenches and WR or we'll be playing walk ons in those spots in '23. That's where this class comes down to. 5 guys on both OL and DL. 3-4 receivers. Good news is we seem to be in on a ton of names. Bad news is that Friend can't land anyone to save his life, and we just hired Jimmy Brumbaugh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wcware said:

I’m trying to be optimistic. I cannot get behind people that see a vulnerable situation and make up allegations and drag kids and families through the mud to get their way. It’s clear that they are willing to hurt Auburn to have what they want. Harsin might not be the guy but I bet he bought himself some time. It wouldn’t surprise me to see possibly some lawsuits coming up. I don’t think this is over. It might be off topic. Sorry not much about recruiting in there.

Who is willing to hurt Auburn? Nameless posters on social media? Exactly how does a nameless person get charged in a lawsuit? Bring some names with supporting evidence or you are doing the same thing you are griping about happening to Harsin: Blaming people when you don't have the slightest bit of evidence.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

It was released recently that we spent less than $1m in recruiting this last cycle while the average in the SEC was $1.5m and even the ACC's average eclipsed $1.1m

The more coming out about Harsin and his hired personnel botching the Junior Day and similar events isn't promising. Auburn relies heavily on these in person visits being spectacular. We can't point to recent success, NFL draft success, consistency, or anything along those lines so we really count on the town and university to sell itself coupled with relationships.

Now the whole world knows our dirty laundry and both sides have lobbed little grenades at each other publicly.

There is a reason I haven't and won't be posting much. This is an absolute nightmare of a situation to be quite blunt and now things are worse. For the record I didn't want Harsin gone originally (now I'm conflicted because I don't know what is true and what isn't). But once the university went down this path they should have been willing to pull the trigger regardless of whether or not we would be stuck with a buyout.

Here we are not willing to pay a buyout for a coach the PTB obviously don't want and a culture (as coworkers) that is so bad we have a DC leaving for the same position at a lesser program for $400k less. There are some serious and deep issues for both the football program and administration/boosters.

Short answer; enjoy almost any other sport at Auburn.

Thx for your posts. How is the wrestling going ( not familiar with time table for that sport.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really have never dove in to how the support staff, etc really impacts recruiting, but I know before all this mess started Harsin hired Steve Ruzic and Ty Gatson and both were discussed as extremely good hires.  Steve Ruzic was described as a rising star. 

How much does bringing on two guys like this help Harsin, or CAN help Harsin?  Or do these positions really not matter too much?

I know when they announced Gatson I had read on a Minnesota board their reactions and they were not really happy about losing him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Who is willing to hurt Auburn? Nameless posters on social media? Exactly how does a nameless person get charged in a lawsuit? Bring some names with supporting evidence or you are doing the same thing you are griping about happening to Harsin: Blaming people when you don't have the slightest bit of evidence.

 

We will see Mikey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wcware said:

We will see Mikey

How? When? Right now all there is is a conspiracy theory about some vague "PTB" without a bit of proof or even common sense applied. Again, had a bunch of multi-millionaires been at the bottom of this they would have gotten it done and Harsin would be gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

They have broken my sunshine pump. Only thing that saves us is a very good season and a smart OC hire.

We are already at the point SEVERAL YEARS in advance from the last coaching regime where we cannot hire a splashy big time proven coordinator because every coach knows this staff most likely is gone very very soon. Probaly within a year and is on borrowed time. So no one is going to come leave a great situation to jump in to  this s*** show. The same reason why our recruiting will be severely undercut is the same reason why no big name coordinators or even position coaches will come here. It is no shock the last 2 assistant coaching hires we had in Christian Robinson and Jimmy Brumbaugh were unemployed in C Rob's case when Napier did not retain him or just a analyst in Brumbaughs case.........

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

How? When? Right now all there is is a conspiracy theory about some vague "PTB" without a bit of proof or even common sense applied. Again, had a bunch of multi-millionaires been at the bottom of this they would have gotten it done and Harsin would be gone.

Mikey I won’t do like everyone else on here.

I have seen you ignore the obvious too many times.

I am done with you.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We are already at the point SEVERAL YEARS in advance from the last coaching regime where we cannot hire a splashy big time proven coordinator because every coach knows this staff most likely is gone very very soon. Probaly within a year and is on borrowed time. So no one is going to come leave a great situation to jump in to  this s*** show. The same reason why our recruiting will be severely undercut is the same reason why no big name coordinators or even position coaches will come here. It is no shock the last 2 assistant coaching hires we had in Christian Robinson and Jimmy Brumbaugh were unemployed in C Rob's case when Napier did not retain him or just a analyst in Brumbaughs case.........

Honestly, that is one of the greatest reasonings as to why this is a complete cluster.

Harsin will leave this program in worse shape than Tot could have ever thought.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Zeek said:

It was released recently that we spent less than $1m in recruiting this last cycle while the average in the SEC was $1.5m and even the ACC's average eclipsed $1.1m

The more coming out about Harsin and his hired personnel botching the Junior Day and similar events isn't promising. Auburn relies heavily on these in person visits being spectacular. We can't point to recent success, NFL draft success, consistency, or anything along those lines so we really count on the town and university to sell itself coupled with relationships.

Now the whole world knows our dirty laundry and both sides have lobbed little grenades at each other publicly.

There is a reason I haven't and won't be posting much. This is an absolute nightmare of a situation to be quite blunt and now things are worse. For the record I didn't want Harsin gone originally (now I'm conflicted because I don't know what is true and what isn't). But once the university went down this path they should have been willing to pull the trigger regardless of whether or not we would be stuck with a buyout.

Here we are not willing to pay a buyout for a coach the PTB obviously don't want and a culture (as coworkers) that is so bad we have a DC leaving for the same position at a lesser program for $400k less. There are some serious and deep issues for both the football program and administration/boosters.

Short answer; enjoy almost any other sport at Auburn.

Don't worry man. Some other posters told me we will get many recruits because of the, uh, size of Harsin's balls.  I'm assured they are very impressive, though I have not seen them myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Never recruited well? I don't know how you could possibly justify that. Our usual for the past decade+ is somewhere around 8 or 9th nationally. I think Chizik had a top 5 class. Tubberville pulled some big recruits. I'm not buying this logic. 

 

4 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Honestly, that is one of the greatest reasonings as to why this is a complete cluster.

Harsin will leave this program in worse shape than Tot could have ever thought.

That's the reality of the situation. It is so depressing.....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see how we will be able to recruit. Even Auburn fans know that Auburn administration will finish off the firing of Harsin as soon as they can do it without it costing too  much money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...