Baseball vs Yale series

Double from Hall off the wall. Howell stays at 3rd. Rambusch with a sac fly to CF and Howell scores. Hall stays at 2nd.

8-0 Auburn

Edit: Moore flies out to end the inning.

Edited by tgrogan21

Farquhar in to pinch hit for Foster and he's hit on the hand by the pitch. Howell flies out to end the 8th. 9-0 Auburn

Have to end play-by-play to take a shower. Barring a complete breakdown from Auburn and a miracle from Yale, Auburn will win this easily.

• Thanks 2

Lots to like from tonight's game....but what I liked the best was the freshman pitcher Allsup working his way out of trouble. Great learning experience for him, and he did a good job fighting through it. 

Looking forward to watching Gonzalez pitch tomorrow. 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 3

Bosse comes in to slam the door shut with 3 strike outs. Great pitching all around (again) and the hitting has started to wake up. Auburn wins 9-0!

War Eagle, everyone! No way I'll be able to do play-by-play tomorrow with the game starting at 2 and basketball starting at 3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

First game is at 2:00 and the second game is at 6:00.

Dang so many games today and it seems like they're all on at the same time. Looks like I'll miss both softball games today.

• Like 1

Gonzalez gets the first out, then gives up a single. Stolen base, wild pitch, single, and another steal. Gonzalez has spent a majority of his time on the mound, so far, worrying about the runners on base. He's thrown to 1st/2nd a lot and we have a mound visit very early.

1-0 Yale with 1 out and a runner on second.

Edit: Swinging strikeout and a 1 pitch ground out after the mound visit to get out of the inning.

Edited by tgrogan21

Will be able to do updates until about 2:50 and then I'll be switching over to watch basketball.

Rambusch strikes out swinging to lead off the game for Auburn.

Moore hits it hard but right at the RF. DiChiara grounds out to end the inning.

1-0 Yale going to the 2nd.

Gonzalez gives up back-to-back singles to start the 2nd. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 0 outs. Sac bunt to move runners up. 1 out.

Suicide squeeze attempt, Gonzalez looks back the runners and the runner beats the throw at first. Bases loaded 1 out.

Howell with a running catch at the warning track. Runner tags and scores. Ground out to end the inning.

2-0 Yale

Dyal strikes out. Batters struggling with the curveball early on. Ware with a fly out on the first pitch. Foster grounds out to 1st to end the inning.

2-0 Yale going to the 3rd.

19 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Will be able to do updates until about 2:50 and then I'll be switching over to watch basketball.

Rambusch strikes out swinging to lead off the game for Auburn.

Moore hits it hard but right at the RF. DiChiara grounds out to end the inning.

1-0 Yale going to the 2nd.

I'm going to bounce back and forth between baseball and basketball.....

Gonzalez's struggles continue as he gives up a lead-off triple.

Follows it up with a strike out and a groundout. A double brings home another run. 3-0 Yale

That will do it for my updates. Hopefully we can comeback and get the W.

War Eagle, everyone.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm going to bounce back and forth between baseball and basketball.....

If basketball is on it gets 100% of my focus. lol

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

If basketball is on it gets 100% of my focus. lol

As everyone knows.....baseball is my jam. But I do love basketball too.

If Auburn is playing tiddly winks and it's televised....I'll do my best to tune in. I may peep in on softball also.

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

As everyone knows.....baseball is my jam. But I do love basketball too.

If Auburn is playing tiddly winks and it's televised....I'll do my best to tune in. I may peep in on softball also.

Softball is killing it right now. Up 6-0 and already chased the starter out of the game. It's only the 1st lol

• Thanks 1

Skipper has come in and shut down any offense the last couple of innings. Auburn has 3 batters hit in a row in the 4th, a FC for Foster scores a run and a single from Howell scores another. A Solo HR from DiChiara in the 5th ties the game 3-3.

• Like 1