Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

looks better when you win, though.     Just a thought. 

It does, however, this team has been doing it since the beginning of the season, regardless of venue. The media is pushing it as disrespect to the opponent when it is not, it's something we've done all year. So why tell a team that was 25-3 that they can't dance at mid court just because some people view it as disrespect? There was no talk of this at all until the Arky and UT losses 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It does, however, this team has been doing it since the beginning of the season, regardless of venue. The media is pushing it as disrespect to the opponent when it is not, it's something we've done all year. So why tell a team that was 25-3 that they can't dance at mid court just because some people view it as disrespect? There was no talk of this at all until the Arky and UT losses 

No worries.  I havent cared for it since Terrell Owens got blasted in Texas Stadium, but whatever.

30 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We dance on the logo no matter the game, stop listening to the media pushing this auburn villain narrative 

No, it's a rather classless thing to do on the other team's logo. Dance center court at home and anywhere BUT the other team's logo on the road. Leave that crap to the Canes, Noles, Gators & other punks.

3 hours ago, fishepa said:

This team is regressing going into the post season. Need to get it together. 

You aren't allowed to speak the truth about this team or you'll be called a Bammer. After our Florida loss I left a comment saying that this team is going the wrong way at the wrong time. I said we would lose to Tennessee and I said if we play Kentucky again, and if Kentucky is healthy, we will lose that game also. I was told by a few people on here that the negativity that ruins the football threads is now ruining the basketball threads. It amazes me how blind alot of fans are on this forum and they expect everybody to pump sunshine when it's raining and you can see the storm heading your way. When Zep Jasper was out sick those games, our guards were exposed and the secret is out how to beat Auburn now. Wendell Green and KD Johnson don't have a high basketball IQ. All the notoriety KD got in the middle of the season has went to his head and he seems to worry more about barking at refs and opposing student sections than he does getting back on defense. I left a comment a few days ago saying this team is craving a Jared Harper type point guard that is calm, a veteran and high basketball IQ. It's playing out about like I said it would but I'm just a negabarner and Bammer because I'm a realist and I don't pump sunshine 24/7. Just warning you about what a few on this thread will say to you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

No, it's a rather classless thing to do on the other team's logo. Dance center court at home and anywhere BUT the other team's logo on the road. Leave that crap to the Canes, Noles, Gators & other punks.

Disagree, this team is doing it regardless of venue. Heck look at the UT one, we weren't even at mid court, UT's logo stretches to NBA 3 range. Glad to know that people want to classify our guys as punks when they aren't doing it with any ill intent whatsoever 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

If our guards play like they did tonight, we will be very well rested as the third seed in the nether region of the NCAA.

You really need to stop putting this loss on our guard play because it simply wasn’t. Zep, Wendell, and KD combined for 23 points, 5 assists, 6 steals, and 5 turnovers. 

Again, we lost tonight because of our lack of rebounding. Nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I agree 100% with what you're saying. Most fans on this forum would be livid if Bama, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. danced on our logo and every teams logo that they play but when Auburn does it, all of the sudden it's ok and our guys are just having fun. It's classless and we look even more stupid doing it because we're losing games the past few weeks but we just keep on dancing on everyone's logos. I'm sure fans on here will downvote me and that's fine but I've seen enough on this forum through the years to know that we don't like other teams doing this stuff. It can't be ok for our guys to do it but get pissed over opponents planting flags on the 50 yard line, etc. 

Remember when Auburn fans were pissed about Alabama playing "Take the Money and Run or Son of a Preacher Man" over the PA at Bryant Denny as Cam came onto the field? We hate that and call them Bammers for it but we are expected just to let our guys dance on opponents logos. 

It's a bad look and looks even more stupid because we've gotten beat while doing it a few times. Check social media and YouTube videos of what everybody is saying about it outside of the Auburn fanbase. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

I agree 100% with what you're saying. Most fans on this forum would be livid if Bama, Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. danced on our logo and every teams logo that they play but when Auburn does it, all of the sudden it's ok and our guys are just having fun. It's classless and we look even more stupid doing it because we're losing games the past few weeks but we just keep on dancing on everyone's logos. I'm sure fans on here will downvote me and that's fine but I've seen enough on this forum through the years to know that we don't like other teams doing this stuff. It can't be ok for our guys to do it but get pissed over opponents planting flags on the 50 yard line, etc. 

Remember when Auburn fans were pissed about Alabama playing "Take the Money and Run or Son of a Preacher Man" over the PA at Bryant Denny as Cam came onto the field? We hate that and call them Bammers for it but we are expected just to let our guys dance on opponents logos. 

It's a bad look and looks even more stupid because we've gotten beat while doing it a few times. Check social media and YouTube videos of what everybody is saying about it outside of the Auburn fanbase. 

Yes bc of what the media is pushing, we weren't even at mid court, their logo stretches to nba 3 range. But glad to see the the medias narrative is making an impact on some. We literally do it every game, there isn't any malicious intent involved. Everything u mentioned was opposing teams doing things with malicious intent, which auburn is not doing 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

We got out rebounded by 23  but our guards shot 30% with a lot of those being bad shots. The loss was a team effort…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAG said:

This is Bruce Pearl BASKETBALL dating back to Tennessee days. I am not getting down on him or the team, but this will be and always will be how his team operates. It is very Mike D'antoni like at times. It is an exciting brand of basketball that can be successful in spurts, but can it get you over the hump? I do not know. I feel like teams with just as much talent and more discipline will always be a catch for a style like that UNLESS they stay on a streak with threes. The pace IMO should flow through Jabari. That kid game translates so well to the NBA. I cannot wait to see what he becomes. 

Amen to that. Need an amen emoji. They have a guy that can help them get to where they won’t to go but won’t let him lead. Dude is a generational talent but when things break  down they don’t go through him nearly enough 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Their defense was phenomenal.  Bruce didn’t have anything to call, that was even close to working. Out-coached.  They had us flummoxed. We shot poorly because they gave us nothing.  They out-hustled us. We were sluggish and slow. And sloppy. And selfish. 

"Sluggish. Slow. Sloppy. Selfish."

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yes bc of what the media is pushing, we weren't even at mid court, their logo stretches to nba 3 range. But glad to see the the medias narrative is making an impact on some. We literally do it every game, there isn't any malicious intent involved. Everything u mentioned was opposing teams doing things with malicious intent, which auburn is not doing 

• Dislike 1

At this point I don’t know how Green fixes his shooting issues. His shooting percentages have been awful since early January. I think it was easy to overlook because we were winning. Now teams have cracked the code on how to stop Auburn defensively and Green can’t play through the pressure at all. He’s our biggest, glaring issue. Either he’s got to get it together or Bruce has to take the ball out of his hands. I agree we got beat this game because we got embarrassed in rebounding but that’s only because KD had a good streak today. He’s streaky, that’s just his game, and Jasper was never going to be a scorer.We win or lose with Green. I just hope he figures it out now. 

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

OK that was a bit more purposeful than the Arky one.  I don't like it.  

4 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

You really need to stop putting this loss on our guard play because it simply wasn’t. Zep, Wendell, and KD combined for 23 points, 5 assists, 6 steals, and 5 turnovers. 

Lol that’s a good Jabari stat line by himself. That’s not a stat line id brag about for a combined 3 dudes if that’s what you are implying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

This is Bruce Pearl BASKETBALL dating back to Tennessee days. I am not getting down on him or the team, but this will be and always will be how his team operates. It is very Mike D'antoni like at times. It is an exciting brand of basketball that can be successful in spurts, but can it get you over the hump? I do not know. I feel like teams with just as much talent and more discipline will always be a catch for a style like that UNLESS they stay on a streak with threes. The pace IMO should flow through Jabari. That kid game translates so well to the NBA. I cannot wait to see what he becomes. 

His elite 8 team at Rocky Top which is also the furthest any team in Tennessee history has been in the NCAA Tourney (which was 2 points away from going to the final 4 and was very very similar to our 2020 AU team) was nothing like the Chris Lofton UT teams or our Jared Harper and Bryce Brown AU teams. Those teams won on defense and rebounding and were a very veteran team that locked you tf up and won grind it out slow paced games. Now why is this AU team playing so free and loosely without any pure knockdown 3 point shooters besides Jabari? And having the perpetual green light? Because I think that is how Wendell Green and KD Johnson operate the best. They only know 1 speed. I do not even know if they would be more effective at a slower pace.

I see a lot of freshman year Jared Harper in wendell green. I think he has a lot of potential as this is his first year of major power 5 college basketball but I dunno if it will all click and come together for him until next season. There has def been a adjustment period for him when it comes to SEC play dealing with night in night out uber athletic guys with a lot of length and large wing spans. It def is bothering him. He is having to pull it from sooooooooo deep because a lot of times that is the only way he will get a clean look off from 3.

Edited by GwillMac6

6 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Que the “we’ve become spoiled fans”, “it’s so hard to win on the road”, and “gotta keep shooting 3’s because that’s what we do” messages. 

THAT BE ME!!!!!! lmao

stripes-john.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1