Ministry of Truth...

DKW 86

Ministry of Truth.jpg

"Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. | by Argumentative Penguin | Medium

"Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you’re really in favor of free speech, then you’re in favor of freedom of speech for precisely the views you despise. Otherwise, you’re not in favor of free speech" - Noam Chomsky.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Ministry of Truth.jpg

"Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. | by Argumentative Penguin | Medium

"Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you’re really in favor of free speech, then you’re in favor of freedom of speech for precisely the views you despise. Otherwise, you’re not in favor of free speech" - Noam Chomsky.

But but but it’s dangerous for somebody to actually hear something we disagree with!!! Dangerous!  (Predictable leftist response to their propaganda on social media).

Sorry had to explain for Homer and other dimwits on this forum.

• Haha 1

It’s amazing Biden came up with something like this when the Democrats are so far under water for the mid terms.  They had the Ministry of Truth without publicly acknowledging it until Musk bought Twitter.  It’s amazing one man could threaten the narrative so much.  Well, on second thought, Trump did it too.  The party of tolerance a few years ago are now the party of intolerance.

• Like 1

i am all for truth and freedom of speech until; it gets someone hurt of killed. remember the 6th? remember the softball game? hell even ted the ped shut his mouth after people were shot and maybe one killed? so any dimwit that says he is all for it is full of crap. we also have slander laws etc. i agree on principal about freedom of speech but since when has it become a right to talk trash if it gets people hurt? me? i am for truth in all things. would anyone say it is ok to lie in the guise of freedom speech? and i know people right now with this hateful climate between parties are scared to speak truth and when that happens do you really have freedom of speech?

We are all for truth. The problem with an official arbiter of truth, no matter who it is, is that it is impossible to get rid of the political bias.  I'm frankly surprised Biden did this. The optics are awful, and he couldn't have chosen a more polarizing figure to head it up if he tried.  Sometimes it seems this administration is just trying to parody itself.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2022 at 1:55 PM, Cardin Drake said:

We are all for truth. The problem with an official arbiter of truth, no matter who it is, is that it is impossible to get rid of the political bias.  I'm frankly surprised Biden did this. The optics are awful, and he couldn't have chosen a more polarizing figure to head it up if he tried.  Sometimes it seems this administration is just trying to parody itself.

This administration is tone deaf, dumb and blind...which in turn makes this decision to have a what I'll call "Ministry of Wrongspeak" wholly unsurprising.

Edited by SLAG-91

If you support "The Ministry of Truth" know that it is the Biden Administration going completely off the rails. This is Nazification of America where Free and Open Speech is regulated by a completely tone deaf, clueless, inside their crazy little bubble bat crappers. If you cant CLEARLY see that, I feel sorry for you.

EXAMPLE: What would you say if the TRUMP ADMINISTRATION had proposed this? You would hate the hell out of it. What will you say if trump wins the WH in 2024 and then takes over the "Ministry of Truth." This is the single most ****** up idea we have ever had in this nation. If you cant plainly see that, then YAASF. There is no other option. There is nothing more to say. You are so immature politically that you want what we have never had before in this nation. The ones advocating censorship are always plainly wrong.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 3