Baseball Regional Series

Nice bounce back inning from Armstrong. 1-2-3 inning end with a liner off of his glove, recovers and throws to 1st for out 27.

Auburn wins 21-7! Will face the winner of the UCLA/FSU game tomorrow night.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

4 hour plus game. Think all bored by now

I know I was after the 7th inning. lol

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Nice bounce back inning from Armstrong. 1-2-3 inning end with a liner off of his glove, recovers and throws to 1st for out 27.

Auburn wins 21-7! Will face the winner of the UCLA/FSU game tomorrow night.

That's a thank you for the play by play on such a long game and a thank you for the game to be mercifully over lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate to be nit picky but we’ve got things to work on after tonight.  
baserunning, fielding confusion, batting w RISP, relief pitching …

don’t get me wrong, it was a blast to watch but staying focused the last 2 nights after the big leads.  

I should probably delete this comment, shouldn’t I?

Would love to face FSU again because of how depleted their bullpen will have to be. As deep as they are they used 7 pitchers today, 4 yesterday and all but 1 reliever has thrown over 20 pitches.

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That's a thank you for the play by play on such a long game and a thank you for the game to be mercifully over lol

Glad to do it. Not sure if I'll be able to do another 4+ hour game tomorrow, though. lol

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I hate to be nit picky but we’ve got things to work on after tonight.  
baserunning, fielding confusion, batting w RISP, relief pitching …

don’t get me wrong, it was a blast to watch but staying focused the last 2 nights after the big leads.  

I should probably delete this comment, shouldn’t I?

Nah, those are valid concerns. The runners left on base was ridiculously high today. Can't leave 16 runners on base. Should have put a 30 spot on this team with all of those walks and errors.

I'm hoping the bullpen will be fine. We haven't used our two best arms and I'm assuming we're trying to save Sheehan for a possible game on Monday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Would love to face FSU again because of how depleted their bullpen will have to be. As deep as they are they used 7 pitchers today, 4 yesterday and all but 1 reliever has thrown over 20 pitches.

Who will pitch for Auburn tomorrow?

17 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Who will pitch for Auburn tomorrow?

I'm assuming Barnett since he didn't pitch his normal 2nd game of the series. Unless he's got an injury that I don't know about.

We have Skipper, Burkhalter, Allsup, and Isbell that haven't pitched at all out of the bullpen. Plus several other guys we don't use all that often that can possibly go an inning or two if we get a big lead. We should be in pretty good shape unless Barnett just gets rocked tomorrow and we have to take him out early.

Edited by tgrogan21

I'm happy with the way my Tigers have approached post season play. They have been solid. The time off after the SEC tourney was used wisely and they are refreshed and playing well. 

The bullpen is in good shape so maybe Auburn can keep cruisin' along.

• Like 3

While we have not played perfect games so far I couldn't be happier. First and foremost we are 2-0, we have had solid starting pitching and have not had to go very deep into the bullpen. We have scored a heck of a lot of runs even though in second game we left a lot of runs on the bases. Both UCLA and FSU have lost a game and both have had to go deep into their bullpens. UCLA and FSU will beat up on each other before we have to play one of them. Our two top relievers will be fresh. Having a healthy Moore has really added some pop to our Offense which also helps Dichara.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

That's true, but I don't think most of them threw enough to keep them from pitching again Sunday. Less than 40/50 pitches and a guy should be able to go on back to back days. However, the double header following all that went before will stress any pitching staff, so there's that.

• Like 1

What we need is a good 21-20, 15 inning game early today regardless of the winner. Winning the first two games in these double elimination formats is huge. Doesn’t guarantee moving on but puts the odds greatly in your favor. Hoping for another solid offensive performance tonight from our Tigers, hopefully with fewer LOB

• Like 3

I think the focus on the runners left on base is way overblown.  It's not like we got 16 walks and only scored 5-6 runs.  Every team leaves runners on base.  We scored 21 runs and have scored 40 runs in 2 games.  I'll take that offensive production every game (not realistic) and couldn't care less how many we leave on base.  It just doesn't matter in the games we have played so far because both games weren't close. 

Let's hope we keep lighting up the scoreboard tonight regardless of who we play.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I think the focus on the runners left on base is way overblown.  It's not like we got 16 walks and only scored 5-6 runs.  Every team leaves runners on base.  We scored 21 runs and have scored 40 runs in 2 games.  I'll take that offensive production every game (not realistic) and couldn't care less how many we leave on base.  It just doesn't matter in the games we have played so far because both games weren't close. 

Let's hope we keep lighting up the scoreboard tonight regardless of who we play.

Kind of where my mind is as well. I mean, the inning has to end at some point. I don't really care that we left 2 on after scoring 7 in an inning. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

When do we play again? ESPN app doesn't list anything past today's elimination game at 1:00

6 PM local time.

• Thanks 2

ULCA has had chances but they aren't cashing them in. 

FSU pitcher struggling with pitch count already. Still scoreless in the B2nd but he's thrown 42 pitches through 2. Already walked 2 guys and had a couple of full counts.

Edited by tgrogan21

Way better inning for FSU as he was able to get through the 3rd in only 9 pitches. UCLA gives up a single and a wild pitch but only threw 14 pitches.

Scoreless through 3.

UCLA just swinging and whiffing at everything now.

Close to an immaculate inning. 10 pitches and strikes out the side. Woof.

We just set an SEC regional record with 40 runs in 2 games.  We have averaged 5 HR's per game.  We have won 8 straight regional games.   Life is good.

• Love 1