Baseball Regional Series

Looks like more rain coming in from the South unless it fades before it gets to us. Delay could last awhile.

28 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's not that it's not on network TV. I couldn't care less about that. It's the fact that it's not on ESPNU which is where they put about 100 other worthless games. They could have easily put it on there but they chose to use ESPN+ to force people to pay $7 because ESPN+ isn't a part of any streaming service unlike ESPNU.

But the No. 1 team in the nation is on the U. 

28 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's not that it's not on network TV. I couldn't care less about that. It's the fact that it's not on ESPNU which is where they put about 100 other worthless games. They could have easily put it on there but they chose to use ESPN+ to force people to pay $7 because ESPN+ isn't a part of any streaming service unlike ESPNU.

But the No. 1 team in the nation is on the U against GT. Can’t argue against that decision, except for us AU fans. I got ESPN+ for the MMA coverage, so I get all these games anyways. Been watching a few I never would have watched. 

At least it didn't fall after Barnett started pitching and waste him. 

• Like 1

Game is scheduled to start at 7:10 barring any more delays.

If we can't get to this starter I'll be disappointed. He's never pitched more than 1 inning in a game.

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

If we can't get to this starter I'll be disappointed. He's never pitched more than 1 inning in a game.

i don't mean to be a downer but looks like more rain soon.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

i don't mean to be a downer but looks like more rain soon.

As long as it isn't too bad and there's no lightning we should be fine. I would hate to lose out on the advantage of playing a team on a double-header cause of rain.

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Sounds like they are using the bullpen start, all hands on deck just trying to get to tomorrow. I hope the starter doesn’t throw a 65 mph curveball or something like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

As long as it isn't too bad and there's no lightning we should be fine. I would hate to lose out on the advantage of playing a team on a double-header cause of rain.

As soon as I post it:

Doesn't look like we're playing tonight. Just our luck to be playing on fire, get the advantage, and then lose said advantage because of weather.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Fresh arms this time of year could be a cause for concern. Some of these schools have some Uber talented arms that never get to see the field until we get into post season play. UTex seemed to always have one or two guys that would get their first action in the post season. Some of those ended up proving to be better than guys that had been going all year. Could be a number of reasons they showed out on the big stage between arm fatigue, being a gamer, or I’m sure a number of other reasons….I’m hoping that it’s just that he is not that good, and we take advantage of it!!

Just now, TXaubie said:

Fresh arms this time of year could be a cause for concern. Some of these schools have some Uber talented arms that never get to see the field until we get into post season play. UTex seemed to always have one or two guys that would get their first action in the post season. Some of those ended up proving to be better than guys that had been going all year. Could be a number of reasons they showed out on the big stage between arm fatigue, being a gamer, or I’m sure a number of other reasons….I’m hoping that it’s just that he is not that good, and we take advantage of it!!

Eh, he's only pitched 6 innings all season and has a 9+ era. He's also a freshman. I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Only bad thing is there won't be a lot of tape on the kid.

I'll be more upset if we have to wait til tomorrow to play this game. Gives their entire bullpen from Saturday a rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Delaying this to tomorrow would completely suck!  They may actually ended up being able to use someone they weren't going to because of it. But nothing is ever advantageous for Auburn. 

• Like 3

Any word on a new start time? I am streaming the Squeeze Play broadcast right now hoping to hear something. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ranger12 said:

Any word on a new start time? I am streaming the Squeeze Play broadcast right now hoping to hear something. 

Nope, last was 6 minutes ago when the 28 minute clock reset. We have until 11 to throw first pitch and if not it gets postponed.

11 minutes ago, Ranger12 said:

Looks like it'll be awhile.

The weather Gods need to come through for Auburn. While we have a more rested pitching staff and UCLA has to rest its top pitchers. Right now we have a major advantage give UCLA staff an extra day or two of rest because of weather could change everything. We earned being in the position we are in now so lets hope we play.

• Like 1

Right now it looks like nothing with lightning is close by and even rain possibility is low. Fingers crossed.

I'm optimistic we can start by 8:15

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The weather Gods need to come through for Auburn. While we have a more rested pitching staff and UCLA has to rest its top pitchers. Right now we have a major advantage give UCLA staff an extra day or two of rest because of weather could change everything. We earned being in the position we are in now so lets hope we play.

Amen!

Absolutely no idea why we're the away team again. You would think the switching of home/visitor would always favor the HOSTING team.

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Absolutely no idea why we're the away team again. You would think the switching of home/visitor would always favor the HOSTING team.

That’s BS. Most tournaments the higher seed is home, always. That’s the benefit of being the better team. Why not here?!?  No make sense!

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I think it is always that way for the regional final because we would be home on deciding game.