Big Cat Recruiting Weekend

toddc

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yes

Great. Another Texas guy coming in here posting like he knows football. Sheesh. 🙄

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

For all of 4 seconds.

Goldfish >>> Golf

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It wouldn't matter what AU did. It wouldn't be enuf to make that cat happy

I've been happy with AU plenty of times. Butch Thompson's management of our baseball program, Bruce Pearl's management of our basketball program, the remarkable run the equestrian team has had under Coach Greg Williams, the 2013, '17 and '19 football Tigers under Coach Malzahn and many more.  All these programs and coaches accomplished noteworthy things. When the current football staff accomplishes something positive I'll be happy. So far all we've got out of them in 19 months is the first losing season in eight years coupled with a five game losing streak and recruiting near the bottom of the SEC.

If you are delighted because some kids who might play in the third season from now gave a non-binding commitment to AU it doesn't take much to make you happy.

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I've been happy with AU plenty of times. Butch Thompson's management of our baseball program, Bruce Pearl's management of our basketball program, the remarkable run the equestrian team has had under Coach Greg Williams, the 2013, '17 and '19 football Tigers under Coach Malzahn and many more.  All these programs and coaches accomplished noteworthy things. When the current football staff accomplishes something positive I'll be happy. So far all we've got out of them in 19 months is the first losing season in eight years coupled with a five game losing streak and recruiting near the bottom of the SEC.

If you are delighted because some kids who might play in the third season from now gave a non-binding commitment to AU it doesn't take much to make you happy.

We all know bowl season doesn't count... We went .500 which is on par with the '15 season. I think you're letting the "first losing season in eight years" narrative take up too much free rent in your head, friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yes

Great to see a post from you….even a monosyllabic one, lol. I type this knowing a ban from @augolf1716is a possibility (50/50 you might say).

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Great to see a post from you….even a monosyllabic one, lol. I type this knowing a ban from @augolf1716is a possibility (50/50 you might say).

If you have your keys, pull them out and start jingling them. He always gets distracted and confused, should buy you another week or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Lots of positive news today. I cosign the $1 On3 deal. Keith and Cole were putting out updates as if they were in the bushes with binoculars on the complex.

44 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If you weren't so blinded by your hate for Harsin because he replaced your beloved Gustav you would realize that getting  a QB for the 24 class is a huge deal. Most everyone thinks this is important, with the obvious exception  being U.  It helps lay the foundation for the class and helps to show that this QB  believes Harsin and Co are in it for the long haul. This is the first step to overcoming the Feb crap.  Alot of the teams that are enjoying success in the 23 class started with early commitments especially at the QB position. You say u will be happy when the current staff accomplishes something positive... How in the world is  4* QB, who most think will be  5 * soon, committing to AU , regardless of class, not a positive thing?

Because it's Mikey talking, and his view of Auburn football is completely skewed. He minimizes any good and spouts off about any bad being the end of the world as we know it. Classic signs of butthurt. For an old geezer, he sure does have a "what have you done for me lately" mindset, no?

I had not heard that Posse might be getting a fifth star soon, however. Where did you pick that up? (Not doubting, just curious.)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

When the current football staff accomplishes something positive I'll be happy.

smile-wacky.gif

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Because it's Mikey talking, and his view of Auburn football is completely skewed. He minimizes any good and spouts off about any bad being the end of the world as we know it. Classic signs of butthurt. For an old geezer, he sure does have a "what have you done for me lately" mindset, no?

I had not heard that Posse might be getting a fifth star soon, however. Where did you pick that up? (Not doubting, just curious.)

Seen it while browsing articles after he committed.  Also , I think it was a Keith Niebhur, source say that Posse has the  best arm talent of the 24 QB class

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

If you have your keys, pull them out and start jingling them. He always gets distracted and confused, should buy you another week or two.

Keys no now PBR's are another story

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

We all know bowl season doesn't count... We went .500 which is on par with the '15 season. I think you're letting the "first losing season in eight years" narrative take up too much free rent in your head, friend.

Well then, The Iron Bowl doesn't count either as it's a bowl, and since the losses to MSU and USCe were upsets they don't count. So AU actually finished 6-3 and everybody is delighted, right?

I realize that facts are unpopular right now, but the first losing season in eight years is a fact. It's not some narrative. "Improved culture in the locker room" is a narrative.

Edited by Mikey
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Because it's Mikey talking, and his view of Auburn football is completely skewed. He minimizes any good and spouts off about any bad being the end of the world as we know it

Can you elaborate on the good you see? Because anything empirical looks to be in the "not so hot" category. Gossip about a better culture can't be measured.

Since this is the recruiting forum:

When '21 recruiting flopped, it was because Harsin only had part of the class and '22 would be great. When '22 ended up with a class that at best could be given a C- or D+ grade, the popular mantra was "Just wait until '23. We're gonna' nail it big-time". Now as we speak '23 is way behind the curve but it's "Lets all celebrate the verbal commitment of a couple of '24 kids." When will Harsin's staff bring in a class that's competitive with our SEC rivals?

You want some good? Here's good: Terry Bowden had a career record of 47-17-1 at AU. He was the best game day coach we've had in the lifetimes of living man. He took a team that Pat Dye had gone 10-11-1 with the previous two years and led them on a 20 game winning streak. That was good.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Can you elaborate on the good you see?

Hang in there partner.... but while we wait, you may be correct that '24's don't mean much right now. But this is the most competent our HS QB recruiting has been handled since Tubs. Just a matter of development.

But again, hang in there. We should hopefully get some good stuff shortly

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

Hang in there partner.... but while we wait, you may be correct that '24's don't mean much right now. But this is the most competent our HS QB recruiting has been handled since Tubs. Just a matter of development.

But again, hang in there. We should hopefully get some good stuff shortly

In one complete and one partial class, ('21 and '22) we've signed one HS QB prospect. Currently, we've whiffed on our top two and prospects of getting choice #3 seem to be dimming. We have no committed QB prospects in the class of '23. I don't see how how any evaluation of QB recruiting can be called competent.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you guys would stop responding to this pathological liar, he would cease to exist. Some serious positives happen yesterday and I am excited to see where this momentum will take us. Football season is around the corner y’all.

I don't think he's actually lying. To lie would mean he was saying something he didn't believe. So he's not lying, he's just wrong.

And Mikey, before you chime in and start talking about your righteousness, remember that you are dragging the coach of the team you proclaim to love through the mud in every possible way you can come up with. Exactly how is that a good thing for an Auburn fan to do?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

In one complete and one partial class, ('21 and '22) we've signed one HS QB prospect. Currently, we've whiffed on our top two and prospects of getting choice #3 seem to be dimming. We have no committed QB prospects in the class of '23. I don't see how how any evaluation of QB recruiting can be called competent.

Didn't I see you saying something about how getting players through the portal is recruiting, too? Or was that another one of the debbie downers?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you guys would stop responding to this pathological liar, he would cease to exist. Some serious positives happen yesterday and I am excited to see where this momentum will take us. Football season is around the corner y’all.

Quote some lies of mine, please. I've caught you in telling the same lie at least three times and strongly suspect that you told a fourth lie but I can't prove that one.

Just now, Rednilla said:

Didn't I see you saying something about how getting players through the portal is recruiting, too? Or was that another one of the debbie downers?

Yes I did. AU managed to bring in the #11 QB that was in the portal's limited pool. However, the guy I was responding to clearly stated "HS QB recruiting". So, the portal wasn't in that discussion.

22 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I don't think he's actually lying. To lie would mean he was saying something he didn't believe. So he's not lying, he's just wrong.

And Mikey, before you chime in and start talking about your righteousness, remember that you are dragging the coach of the team you proclaim to love through the mud in every possible way you can come up with. Exactly how is that a good thing for an Auburn fan to do?

He is trolling. He gets off on that and he hates when you don’t respond. He will chase you around all day trying to get you to respond if you don't lol.  You can say 2 + 2 equals 4 and he will respond with it is 4.2. But since he knows he can get a reaction from y’all , he keeps doing it. Now , AUWENT...He actually believes in the stuff he says because he is consistent with it. I don't agree with most of his stuff but I do engage with him because he doesn't simply try to be a contrarian purposely.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Dragging him through the mud? You've got a strange idea of what that means. I'm not the one who brought the charges of sexual mis conduct against Harsin.

After all the trash that was tossed at Gus over the past few years I don't see how you or anybody else could have the nerve to complain about people who point out the failures of the current staff.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I realize that facts are unpopular right now, but the first losing season in eight years is a fact. It's not some narrative. "Improved culture in the locker room" is a narrative.

It is a fact we had a losing season last year but pretending it was somehow different than 2015 is a bit silly. The big difference was a 12 win top 20 ranked Houston team in last year's bowl game vs a 9 win Memphis team with no head coach in the 2015 bowl game. 

Having a losing season last year is not a narrative. Pretending it was different than 2015, that is a narrative.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1