Sports Illustrated Note On Auburn Recruiting

CodeRocket

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

For the damn life of me, I can’t freaking understand how so many people don’t get how this past off season is absolutely killing this class. I don’t give a damn what Harsin did, but if the admin was willing to execute him publicly then they should have been willing to pull the trigger. What short memories folks have. 

We are reaping the rewards of a coach that was all but fired with an admin that was willing to let that happen, without actually firing him. Literally the worst case scenario.

Yep and CBH recouping after that mess will be a miracle because it’s going to be regurgitated non-stop by every broadcaster that covers our games.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

LSU practically recruits itself. Louisiana is loaded with talent and those kids are very loyal. Plus.....Emmert and the Nickster were dirty recruitng and there were those troublesome loose academic requirements. Nickster did recruiting at LSU like he has done everything else.....the cheating and unethical way. Why anyone wants to call him truly successful is mind bogging. Nothing he has done has been accomplished honestly. He had a great staff at LSU and in Nickster's world he gets the credit while they do the actual work. The boosters pay the money and buy a championship. Nickster is simply good at gaming the system that used to exist before NIL. He and Emmert were both unethical and morally compromised and it has continued all these years until Emmert drove the NCAA into the ground and ....along with the Nickster....ruined college football. That's the real story. I'm pretty sick of all the "great coach" lies surrounding that little tyrant.

A caveman can recruit and win national championships at LSU, Les Miles and Ed Orgeron are proof! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

Yep and CBH recouping after that mess will be a miracle because it’s going to be regurgitated non-stop by every broadcaster that covers our games.  

Brother, I’m afraid our cries fall on majorly deaf ears.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Brother, I’m afraid our cries fall on majorly deaf ears.

I hear what you're saying, mate, but Harsin had a lot to do with it, himself.

We can't whitewash over that.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Oh 100%. He has definitely screwed some things up royally. I was was a bit too casual in my earlier post, mostly for effect. 

• Love 1

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm talking about him going to LSU and recruiting well.  He wasn't "from the south" when he went to LSU and didn't have piddling recruiting classes.

Anyone who uses that excuse is just typing something to make themselves feel better

I can assure you I am not typing anything for my benefit. It’s an opinion. At this point all signs point to him failing and being gone after this season, but I do not think it has all been his fault. We haven’t recruited the O Line well and years. I wished and hoped he would breathe fresh air into the program, but it just hasn’t gone that way, then again, no top tier coach wants to come here due to all of the meddling. 

9 hours ago, 1716AU said:

By the way….not gonna lie. I felt a bit classier when you called me “mate”. Kinda nice, actually. 

• Love 1

Can't wrap my mind around anyone not seeing that Auburn sabotaged it's own 2023 recruiting class back in February. 

Harsin has been behind the 8 ball since he's been here. 

If he doesn't win some games that he's not supposed to this season Auburn will wind up running him off, and sadly wind up getting rid of one of the most qualified football minds in the history of the school. 

Will we never cease getting in our own way?

• Like 7

On 7/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, NoALtiger said:

You just proved his point. Saban had little to no recruiting experience in the South and won a Natty at LSU. 

Saban could sell ice to Eskimos.  He's that good a recruiter.  Always has been.  That's the reason, when on the plane to Tuscaloosa from Miami just after he was hired, he asked Mal Moore, "Do you think you just hired the best coach?"  Mal said yes.  Sanan replied "no, you just hired the best recruiter in the country".  For some reason the little bastard can connect to kids and their parents like no other.

3 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

toy-story-not-happening.gif

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 10:45 PM, keesler said:

A caveman can recruit and win national championships at LSU, Les Miles and Ed Orgeron are proof! 

Geiceaux. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Can't wrap my mind around anyone not seeing that Auburn sabotaged it's own 2023 recruiting class back in February. 

Harsin has been behind the 8 ball since he's been here. 

If he doesn't win some games that he's not supposed to this season Auburn will wind up running him off, and sadly wind up getting rid of one of the most qualified football minds in the history of the school. 

Auburn didn't sabotage the 2023 recruiting or the future, at least one booster or several boosters did with their attempted coup and vicious untrue rumors. The university President and AD didn't help because they should have immediately traced down the origin of the rumors after confirming they weren't true, starting with the Auburn website writer that was 100% their conduit and mouthpiece. The University President/AD should have dissociated the booster/s from the program for life and band the writer from campus. By not doing this, they most likely sealed Harsin future and will set back AU football for several years.

Agree with assessment of must win games now. Harsin's future will be known at the end of the PSU game. He MUST win that game and at least 8 games to turn around this train wreck of a coming recruiting class, they both must happen. If AU isn't 3-0 the morning after PSU game, it will be common knowledge AU is looking for a new coach. If not 3-0, the only question is will be if he's fired before or after season. I fully expect AU to be looking for a new coach within the next 6 months and it's a shame Harsin never got a real chance!

Edited by keywest
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, keywest said:

Auburn didn't sabotage the 2023 recruiting or the future, at least one booster or several boosters did with their attempted coup and vicious untrue rumors. The university President and AD didn't help because they should have immediately traced down the origin of the rumors after confirming they weren't true, starting with the Auburn website writer that was 100% their conduit and mouthpiece. The University President/AD should have dissociated the booster/s from the program for life and band the writer from campus. By not doing this, they most likely sealed Harsin future and will set back AU football for several years.

Agree with assessment of must win games now. Harsin's future will be known at the end of the PSU game. He MUST win that game and at least 8 games to turn around this train wreck of a coming recruiting class, they both must happen. If AU isn't 3-0 the morning after PSU game, it will be common knowledge AU is looking for a new coach. If not 3-0, the only question is will be if he's fired before or after season. I fully expect AU to be looking for a new coach within the next 6 months and it's a shame Harsin never got a real chance!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we just basically said the same thing albeit yours was a little more verbose.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we just basically said the same thing albeit yours was a little more verbose.

W/L's and Harsin never given a real chance, yes. Leadership not addressing the real issue behind problems behind guilty booster/s, writer and timeline, no. Verbose meaning addressing omitted relevant information, yes.

37 minutes ago, keywest said:

W/L's and Harsin never given a real chance, yes. Leadership not addressing the real issue behind problems behind guilty booster/s, writer and timeline, no. Verbose meaning addressing omitted relevant information, yes.

Not trying to start an argument with you man, but you should re-read your post. It's contradictory to what you claim as leadership not addressing the problems with the guilty boosters, and journalist. 

The university President and AD didn't help because they should have immediately traced down the origin of the rumors after confirming they weren't true, starting with the Auburn website writer that was 100% their conduit and mouthpiece. The University President/AD should have dissociated the booster/s from the program for life and band the writer from campus. By not doing this, they most likely sealed Harsin future and will set back AU football for several years.

I stand by my first statement that Auburn, being the leadership in question, sabotaged their own ability to recruit with the handling of the February fiasco.

• Like 4

Do any of us actually know the truth behind what happened with Harsin?

The only truth I know,,, think that I know,,, is this:

College football is a money game.  The big donors/boosters ARE the game.  You can win with many different coaches.  You cannot win without the support of the big donors.

I am not advocating for this model.  I am only pointing out that this is reality.

• Like 2