1. 3* Emory Williams - QB
  2. 4* Jeremiah Cobb - RB
  3. 3* currently unknown RB who has a strong senior season
  4. 4* Karmello English - WR
  5. 4* Daquayvious Sorey - WR
  6. 4* Adam Hopkins - WR
  7. 3* TE out of the group we're trying to flip
  8. 3* Gernorris Wilson - OT
  9. 3* OT (pick one out of Tyler Johnson, Elijah Philippe, Jatta, and Shivers)
  10. JuCO OT
  11. 4* Bradyn Joiner - C
  12. 4* DJ Chester - OT/OG
  13. JuCo OG
  14. JuCo Derick Hunter - DT
  15. 3* Jamarrion Harkless - DT
  16. 3* TaDerius Collins - DT
  17. 4* Ashley Williams - ER
  18. 4* Wilky Denaud - ER
  19. 4* Keldric Faulk - ER
  20. JuCO ER
  21. 3* Alex Sanford - LB
  22. 3* Marcellius Pulliam - LB
  23. 3* Jacorious Hart - CB
  24. 3* Tyler Scott - CB
  25. 3* Colton Hood - CB
  26. 4* Terrance Love - S
  27. 4* Cedrick Hawkins - S
  28. JuCo/transfer something
  29. JuCo/transfer something
  30. JuCo/transfer something

I’m really hoping we have a good season and we can improve on this list.   There’s some good guys on it, but overall, it needs improvement!   We’ve got a good start to 2024 and we need all the momentum we can get!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Thanks @Zeek!   Great work as always!

I think it’s funny that when we rarely ever used TEs we could pile them on in recruiting, but now that we’re using TEs a lot, we can’t even buy one!🤣

I think we've got about 12 on the current roster.  Not a position of need this cycle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:21 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Huge thank you Zeek. It appears the coaches are working hard and whoever is writing the checks needs to get busy . 

Yeah it's a mess. I think we're about to get a good-ole-boy AD and that will have its downsides but we'll also see a rise in NIL with the big money people feeling more influential.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah it's a mess. I think we're about to get a good-ole-boy AD and that will have its downsides but we'll also see a rise in NIL with the big money people feeling more influential.

Anyone in particular or just general comment?

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

Anyone in particular or just general comment?

General comment. From the list I have seen I would be surprised if it's not someone deeply tied to Auburn.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:17 PM, tinman1 said:

I think we've got about 12 on the current roster.  Not a position of need this cycle.

With the transfer portal you kinda have to recruit and treat every position like you barely have depth there imo. Its a long season but it seem like we only threw to 1 TE the first game, I’m sure Landen King wasn’t happy with that 

23 hours ago, Sizzle said:

With the transfer portal you kinda have to recruit and treat every position like you barely have depth there imo. Its a long season but it seem like we only threw to 1 TE the first game, I’m sure Landen King wasn’t happy with that 

True, but if you're going to splurge with your NIL $$$ then I think you prioritize other positions (OL, DL, & Edge) 1st if we can land a big fish. I wouldn't be surprised if we recruit the TEs on our board till the end and decide based on how good they feel about who's likely to be hear next year vs. what's the best use of NIL $. 

I just look at Zeek's excellent list above and see the need for way more talented Oline given how many we will lose over the next 2 years and I am hoping that is how some of those open transfer slots are filled. 

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2022 at 6:57 AM, Zeek said:

All of these opinions are my own. Take them for what they're worth. With 8 commitments we're actually in a much better spot going into the season than some projected. Still 22 spots left to fill.

Quarterback (Need 1)

• 4* Brock Glenn - committed to Ohio State. It would be hard to believe that Auburn could pull a kid from the Buckeyes; especially a signal caller. Glenn is still listening though and plans on making it to at least one Auburn game.
  • 4* JJ Kohl - one of the best performers at the Elite 11 camp and received attention from virtually everyone. However, he is an Iowa State legacy and loves coach Campbell. It is unlikely he goes anywhere else barring a meltdown by the Cyclones.
  • 3* Emory Williams - committed to Miami but he is a panhandle kid. Seemed really excited when Auburn expressed interest but it's unclear if he ever got an official offer. Being the second fiddle in Miami's recruiting class has caused him to look elsewhere. If Auburn takes anyone at all at quarterback, I expect it to be Emory Williams who has a high upside but needs a lot of development.

Running Back (Need 2)

• 4* Jeremiah Cobb - committed to Auburn
  • 4* Roderick Robinson - committed to UCLA and lives in San Diego. I expect this to be a long shot but the staff absolutely loves him. Word is he will likely make it to the LSU game.
  • 4* Isaiah Augustave - committed to Arkansas and a brand new name starting to be mentioned. I don't know much about him but expect the staff to try and get him on campus during a game.

Wide Receiver (Need 3-4)

• 4* Karmello English - committed to Auburn.
  • 4* Daquayvious Sorey - committed to Auburn.
  • 4* Adam Hopkins - considered a heavy Auburn lean and recently picked up some crystal ball predictions.
  • 4* Khai Prean - Auburn isn't really pursuing. LSU seems to be the favorite.
  • 4* Jalen Brown - also considered an LSU lean.

Tight End (Need 1)

• 4* Jelani Thurman - committed to Ohio State. Expected to visit for a game. 100% NIL based right now.
  • 3* Reid Mikeska - committed to Miami. Expected to visit for a game.
  • 3* Jackson Carver - committed to Miami. Expected to visit for a game.
  • 4* Brett Norfleet - committed to Missouri. Expected to visit for a game.
  • 3* Khamari Anderson - committed to Cincinnati. Expected to visit for a game.
  • 4* Ty Lockwood - committed to Alabama. Expected to visit for a game.

Offensive Tackle (Need 3-4)

• 3* Gernorris Wilson - considered a heavy Auburn lean. Expected to visit for a game.
  • JuCo Elijah Philippe - big competition for this guy. Auburn is likely running second or third right now. Expected to visit for a game.
  • 4* Bo Hughley - committed to Georgia but Auburn won't give up on him. Expected to visit for a game. If we can't match their increased NIL offer it's likely a lost cause.
  • 3* Isaiah Jatta - junior college kid currently committed to South Carolina but listening to Auburn. Expected to visit for a game.
  • 4* Isaiah Robinson - Baylor commit that Auburn has recently started making a push for. He will be a hard pull but is listening.
  • 3* Jatavius Shivers - committed to South Carolina but Auburn made a strong impression on his official visit. I don't think this recruitment is close to being over.
  • 3* Tyler Johnson - weirdly enough we didn't offer during his official visit. With the need and number of spaces open I wish we would make a push.

Inside Offensive Linemen (Need 3-4)

• 4* Bradyn Joiner - committed to Auburn.
  • 4* DJ Chester - we are still in the mix but need to get him on campus to have a chance.
  • 3* Clay Wedin - committed to Michigan State. Auburn didn't make a push when they should have and now are in an awkward spot. I don't think we will be able to make this flip happen.
  • 3* Sean Thompkins - committed to Baylor. Auburn has just recently started showing interest (at least publicly).
  • 3* Ian Geffrard - committed to Arkansas. I don't think we have a chance with him.
  • 3* Connor Lew - committed to Miami. Unless we can match his NIL deal we're likely out of this recruitment.
  • 4* Ryqueze McElderry - committed to Alabama. They came out of nowhere which typically means shady stuff or at the very least some type of NIL deal others couldn't or wouldn't match.
  • 4* Kelton Smith - committed to Georgia. I don't know if anyone can budge him.

Defensive Line (Need 3-4)

• 4* Derick Hunter - junior college player that Auburn has been trying to get on campus. I believe he will commit very soon after visiting Auburn. 
  • 3* Jamarrion Harkless - Auburn seems to be trending.
  • 5* James Smith - long shot but Auburn is trying. It has been made clear that Auburn is willing to match any NIL deal that other teams are willing to float out there for Smith. We won't lose this one because of money at least.
  • 3* Joshua Horton - committed to UNC. I don't believe he is even Power 5 quality but we're still working on him. Maybe it is to keep helping with the other Langston Hughes guys.
  • 3* TaDerius Collins - new target.
  • 4* Darron Reed - committed to LSU but is showing Auburn serious interest.
  • 4* Jordan Hall - a long shot but we're still working on him.
  • 4* Naquil Betrand - committed to Texas A&M. I don't think we're pushing hard but communication is still flowing.

Edge or "Stud" (Need 3-4)

• 4* Ashley Williams - committed to Auburn.
  • 4* Wilky Denaud - committed to Auburn.
  • 4* Keldric Faulk - committed to FSU but Auburn is still very much in the mix. If FSU implodes (as I expect them to do) he should be more than likely in our class.
  • 5* Qua Russaw - same as James Smith.
  • 4* Rueben Bain - Miami's to lose.
  • 4* Tausili Akana - unlikely but we will see how other pieces of the puzzle fall.
  • 4* Gabriel Harris - committed to Georgia. This is a weird recruitment where we might suddenly see a flip with no prior warning.

Linebackers (Need 2-3)

• 3* Alex Sanford - committed to Arkansas but there seems to be some momentum.
  • 3* Marcellius Pulliam - I would bet we land him. Just don't know when.
  • 4* Jaiden Ausberry - I honestly feel like if his brother has a good experience and we win there is a chance of flipping him. Currently committed to Notre Dame. He could just want to forge his own path.
  • 4* Grayson Howard - committed to South Carolina and a new name to track.
  • 4* Lewis Carter - seems solid in his commitment to Oklahoma but we're still pushing.
  • 4* Kaveion Keys - committed to UNC but a new new to watch.
  • 4* Dee Crayton - Clemson commits seem to be the hardest to gain traction with considering Dabo makes them shut down their recruitment. We are working hard here though to try and keep Crayton listening.
  • 4* CJ Allen - just a matter of if he can read the tea leaves at Georgia. They don't value him near as highly as we do but he really wants to be a mutt.

Cornerbacks (Need 3-4)

• 3* Jacorious Hart - committed to Auburn.
  • 3* Tyler Scott - seems to be leaning towards Auburn.
  • 3* Colton Hood - seems to be leaning towards Auburn.
  • 4* Jyair Hill - long shot especially if we take Hood and Scott.
  • 3* Ricky Gibson - committed to Tennessee but still interested.
  • 4* Jakeem Jackson - committed to Florida. I don't think we have a chance but we're trying.
  • 5* Jahlil Hurley - committed to Alabama. We have never given up here; not that he will budge but the staff has been on him since day one almost.
  • 4* Avieon Terrell - committed to Clemson. Not sure why his name is popping up now.

Safeties (Need 2-3)

• 4* Terrance Love - committed to Auburn.
  • 4* Cedrick Hawkins - committed to Ohio State but is flirting with Auburn hard.
  • 4* Conrad Hussey - committed to Penn State but really seems intrigued by Auburn.
  • 4* Dakaari Nelson - committed to Penn State but Auburn has never given up on him.
  • 5* Tony Mitchell - committed to Alabama. Same as Hurley we keep chipping away buy I'm doubtful.

If I had to make a class prediction right now it would be:

1. 3* Emory Williams - QB
  2. 4* Jeremiah Cobb - RB
  3. 3* currently unknown RB who has a strong senior season
  4. 4* Karmello English - WR
  5. 4* Daquayvious Sorey - WR
  6. 4* Adam Hopkins - WR
  7. 3* TE out of the group we're trying to flip
  8. 3* Gernorris Wilson - OT
  9. 3* OT (pick one out of Tyler Johnson, Elijah Philippe, Jatta, and Shivers)
  10. JuCO OT
  11. 4* Bradyn Joiner - C
  12. 4* DJ Chester - OT/OG
  13. JuCo OG
  14. JuCo Derick Hunter - DT
  15. 3* Jamarrion Harkless - DT
  16. 3* TaDerius Collins - DT
  17. 4* Ashley Williams - ER
  18. 4* Wilky Denaud - ER
  19. 4* Keldric Faulk - ER
  20. JuCO ER
  21. 3* Alex Sanford - LB
  22. 3* Marcellius Pulliam - LB
  23. 3* Jacorious Hart - CB
  24. 3* Tyler Scott - CB
  25. 3* Colton Hood - CB
  26. 4* Terrance Love - S
  27. 4* Cedrick Hawkins - S
  28. JuCo/transfer something
  29. JuCo/transfer something
  30. JuCo/transfer something

Any idea who the 1-2 expected upcoming commits could be? I assume one of them is Adam Hopkins, but the other one? Perhaps Harkless on Saturday if the OV goes well? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Any idea who the 1-2 expected upcoming commits could be? I assume one of them is Adam Hopkins, but the other one? Perhaps Harkless on Saturday if the OV goes well? 

Harkless is the only other one I know of that could commit on his visit this weekend. There’s a possibility of a silent but I don’t know who.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

You assume correctly. Gernorris Wilson is another any day now kind of guy.

• Like 3

Good work as always. Actually feel pretty good where recruiting is right now. At least a helluva lot better than a month ago, when I wasn't sure we'd get 10 kids in this class. Still just OL.... always is. Brumbaugh and CRob are finally showing signs of life, but not Friend. Wilson is a lot better than his ranking. He's a monster, so that'd be a great start.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, au302 said:

Good work as always. Actually feel pretty good where recruiting is right now. At least a helluva lot better than a month ago, when I wasn't sure we'd get 10 kids in this class. Still just OL.... always is. Brumbaugh and CRob are finally showing signs of life, but not Friend. Wilson is a lot better than his ranking. He's a monster, so that'd be a great start.

His offers are growing and reflect his ability.

• Like 3

• Zeek unpinned this topic