Just watch

gr82b4au

9 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Let’s not pretend we had the pick of the litter post Gus. We were straight up rejected by top tier coaches. Auburns problems go way beyond talent at coaching and recruits 

Nope don't think we were according to insiders. 🙄

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wouldn’t say they are pushing them to not take the job. More so quality coaches come with demands and Auburn balks at them.

That could be true which would signal a lack of self awareness on the administrations part. 

I just think that a Harsin level coach is where we are right now. A risky hire who is looking to move up and try to succeed in a very challenging division with a dysfunctional administration. Hopefully the next go around we get our administration in order who will not balk at a top tier coach and their demands 

59 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Not trying to be argumentative, but going back to the last two years of Gus, and these two seasons with Harsin, I find it very hard to believe, very, very hard to believe, that a team brand like Auburn, cannot recruit say one four-star and one or 2 three star linemen and then get the best three star linemen out of the portal or out of junior college that are going to work there rear ends off in the weight room and in the film room for this team. So why hasn’t it happened?

THIS.  Put everything else aside. The reasonable person would expect that even the dimmest new coach would make the offensive line a priority, and by all means available get some help within the first 12 months at the LATEST. This gap was spelled out to Harsin repeatedly. He studied the team for a couple weeks before he took the reins and saw it in all its ineptness. You would expect him to put himself front and center solving the problem til it is patched. It's like a Tombstone cowboy taking the sheriff job seeing he has a gun without ammo, and spending a year, ..., hoping he never gets into a gunfight?? Okay, he polishes the gun for 12 months - but that's just Barney Fife. There have been means to add to the magazine during that time. 

What's in the water in Auburn? This is the same trait of willful neglect for which we justifiably-excoriate Malzahn. I do not get it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Now fast forward to today's team WE HAVE NO TALENT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL........ let me make myself clear here, I am not going to make any excuses for this staff neither, but they can't make chicken salad out of gizzards this program will not be back until some real talent starts to walk on campus. my suggestion to all fans, buckle up and have some tough skin as Patrick fan dye used to say the sun will come up tomorrow.

Let's look no farther than our neighboring state to the west. Just like recruiting rankings, there is a 247 ranking for transfers brought in. Ol' Miss is ranked #2 nationally on that list. The last time I checked AU was 28th. There was talent available through the portal. If a school like Mississippi can bring in top talent AU should have been able to do the same. Why we didn't is anybody's guess.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it is funny how everyone said he was super qualified. his weight program had me excited as we could see the change. we seem to play harder like the pap hit on the psu qb. and i will freely admit i thought he could get it done and had to get past the past with all the crap flying.

His strength program looked soft and weak yesterday.  Soft as butter in the trenches after players have been in his S&C program for 2 yrs.

When was the last time Auburn gave up 245 yrs on the ground?  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

His strength program looked soft and weak yesterday.  Soft as butter in the trenches after players have been in his S&C program for 2 yrs.

Allegedly players got bigger and there were reports of players being jacked. Are they to big and having a hard time carrying the extra weight 

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Allegedly players got bigger and there were reports of players being jacked. Are they to big and having a hard time carrying the extra weight 

What do you think after watching that game yesterday? 

Auburn got blown off the ball all day leaving QBs running for their lives.  Our defense gave up 245 yds on the ground and refused to tackle.  Even Tank wouldn’t step up and block when needed.  Seriously, did that look like a jacked up bunch of strong players that could impose their will on the opponent? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, keesler said:

What do you think after watching that game yesterday? 

Auburn got blown off the ball all day leaving QBs running for their lives.  Our defense gave up 245 yds on the ground and refused to tackle.  Even Tank wouldn’t step up and block when needed.  Seriously, did that look like a jacked up bunch of strong players that could impose their will on the opponent? 

U got me there.

58 minutes ago, keesler said:

well according to google it was yesterday playing penn state yesterday.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Can you believe that? That is what scares me about this head coaching searches. CKS was really talked about like an option…

Honestly, we would be on much better shape had we let their own succeed. I was highly against it. I bet our recruiting wouldn't have plummet with Steele. I bet our defense didn't look like Swiss cheese. IDK. I'm just trying to process and grieve the loss of one of my first true loves. Pray she comes back to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i was worried when some of the players left and said hars did not know how to talk to them.wth? that was a huge warning. then he turned into the nice hars. weird.

Nice or mean, a good coach is not in the position to babysit. I think GM was a little too nice. I really don’t know what will fix this program at this point. I hear people say Deion which would no doubt attract some recruits, but if he didn’t or wasn’t able to surround himself with talented coaches, I am not sure he’s an SEC coach, yet. Kiffin is volatile at times, but I do believe he would recruit well and at the very least, the O would be dangerous. The thing with him, is that he seems to not have enough familiarity with how defense is just as important in this league. Either way, Harsin is gone at seasons end. He’s proven, that he and his Boise staff have zero idea how to recruit in the South. 

9 hours ago, aucom96 said:

He sells himself well and I think he's a good football coach, just not an SEC level head coach. He seems to think he can vet and develop his way out of a pronounced talent gap at key positions. He also refused to sell his program or build relationships inside or outside Auburn. That's a recipe for disaster at this level. Nearly his entire resume revolves around Boise State and programs and relationships that he was mostly a part of as a position coach. We are not Boise State, this is not the Mountain West, and he's a "my way or the highway" coach in the wrong place to be one. It was just not a good or well thought out match from the start. 

Also believe Boise is his hometown, and I know he played QB there. He is hyper tailored for success at that program. We should have realized he would never put up better numbers anywhere else - much less at a place so vastly different like auburn. 

4 hours ago, e808 said:

You can be jacked and not have the strength required to compete.  Something is drastically wrong.

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Honestly, we would be on much better shape had we let their own succeed. I was highly against it. I bet our recruiting wouldn't have plummet with Steele. I bet our defense didn't look like Swiss cheese. IDK. I'm just trying to process and grieve the loss of one of my first true loves. Pray she comes back to me.

Hard to believe Steele would have been their long term selection.  Maybe hire him to recruit his butt off and keep the ship afloat until they find their hot shot?  I was once told that was what Terry was supposed to be, but he screwed it up by winning too much too early, then screwed that up by acting like a clown.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUx said:

THIS.  Put everything else aside. The reasonable person would expect that even the dimmest new coach would make the offensive line a priority, and by all means available get some help within the first 12 months at the LATEST. This gap was spelled out to Harsin repeatedly. He studied the team for a couple weeks before he took the reins and saw it in all its ineptness. You would expect him to put himself front and center solving the problem til it is patched. It's like a Tombstone cowboy taking the sheriff job seeing he has a gun without ammo, and spending a year, ..., hoping he never gets into a gunfight?? Okay, he polishes the gun for 12 months - but that's just Barney Fife. There have been means to add to the magazine during that time. 

What's in the water in Auburn? This is the same trait of willful neglect for which we justifiably-excoriate Malzahn. I do not get it.

Great point! So so true! He had to know coming in that the OL was a ****show and needed to be priority #1. Any coach worth his salt would look at the roster and say OK, They have not recruited a true HS OT in years. I would need to sign 2 the first year and 2 the second year. Priority #1!!!

honestly - maybe he did make it a priority but he just did not succeed …which is why we are where we are. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Hard to believe Steele would have been their long term selection.  Maybe hire him to recruit his butt off and keep the ship afloat until they find their hot shot?  I was once told that was what Terry was supposed to be, but he screwed it up by winning too much too early, then screwed that up by acting like a clown.

That's kind of what I am saying. I believe he would have kept our cupboard stocked better than it has been. I don't think we would have had the record we had last year, and I definitely don't see us getting blown out on our home field by a mid-tier B10 Program. I agree, probably not the guy to get us over the hump, but definitely could have kept us at or better than the level we are currently IMHO.

• Like 1