AU 34 Ole Miss 48 Postgame Thread

aubiefifty

On 10/16/2022 at 9:16 PM, cbo said:

I made the mistake of catching up on this thread after a weekend of ignoring all this. You are embarrassing yourself. 

You think the measure of a man is how much money he has? You think there aren't other people on this forum who have earned money? You think that the person that talks about how much money he might have in the future is actually the richest?

And then you list a bunch of fun as hell cities and call them ghettos? You can't be a real person. 

I actually wrote and published a book on the subject of our inherent bias. As we grow up and follow our path we come to assume that everyone should be like us. Not understanding that had any of us been born to a different family and a different country we would be far different in our view points today. That’s doesn’t mean anyone is bad. It just means that we should accept people are different, not because they are evil but because of the path they travel. Look at your high school friends and where they are now. Most likely different than you. That is because of the path they traveled. Just because I grew up with a dad that preferred a Ford, doesn’t mean that someone else is wrong because they prefer a Chevy . But we become defensive to try and prove our way has to be the right way instead of understanding the old saying “different strokes for different folks”. That’s a major problem today. I can assure you I heard a lot of comments about my dress in the late 60s from folks around my country town in Alabama. And today my choice of dress is much different , again due to the path I traveled after HS like the military, living in other countries and all over the US. If I put you on Mars today you would think it to be abnormal, but the fact would be that you were the only thing abnormal on Mars because Mars has been Mars for billions of years. Just saying.🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I actually wrote and published a book on the subject of our inherent bias. As we grow up and follow our path we come to assume that everyone should be like us. Not understanding that had any of us been born to a different family and a different country we would be far different in our view points today. That’s doesn’t mean anyone is bad. It just means that we should accept people are different, not because they are evil but because of the path they travel. Look at your high school friends and where they are now. Most likely different than you. That is because of the path they traveled. Just because I grew up with a dad that preferred a Ford, doesn’t mean that someone else is wrong because they prefer a Chevy . But we become defensive to try and prove our way has to be the right way instead of understanding the old saying “different strokes for different folks”. That’s a major problem today. I can assure you I heard a lot of comments about my dress in the late 60s from folks around my country town in Alabama. And today my choice of dress is much different , again due to the path I traveled after HS like the military, living in other countries and all over the US. If I put you on Mars today you would think it to be abnormal, but the fact would be that you were the only thing abnormal on Mars because Mars has been Mars for billions of years. Just saying.🤔

You make interesting points and I wish everyone gave this as much thought as you have.

I agree the vast majority of people cling to beliefs instilled by their family, friends, current circumstances, etc. 

But I've also seen many exceptions to that rule. Adults should be able to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions. 

I'm not sure which side you are on and I'm not trying to reduce the discussion to "us vs them." But the thing I keyed in on your post was "different strokes for different folks." It would be a better world if everyone understood this. My number 1 belief is you shouldn't care about how anyone lives their life, as long as it isn't hurting you. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 12:16 AM, cbo said:

You make interesting points and I wish everyone gave this as much thought as you have.

I agree the vast majority of people cling to beliefs instilled by their family, friends, current circumstances, etc. 

But I've also seen many exceptions to that rule. Adults should be able to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions. 

I'm not sure which side you are on and I'm not trying to reduce the discussion to "us vs them." But the thing I keyed in on your post was "different strokes for different folks." It would be a better world if everyone understood this. My number 1 belief is you shouldn't care about how anyone lives their life, as long as it isn't hurting you. 

Thank you . And I agree completely. As I said when we actually look back at our beliefs and customs  we will see had we been born to different parents in a different country we would have viewed the world much different and we would act quite different . It’s all about the window we view from. 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 6:53 PM, jluvah said:

We need Jimmys and Joes. Let’s get Deion and let him do work. It’s all about recruiting and the portal now. War damn minor league football!

You are so correct. We are loosing the recruiting war and that will kill AU football. 

Watching the tenn offense and comparing to what we have seen at Auburn for the last few years is just depressing.  Auburn has been running an offense with the complexity of a high school for many years. The passing routes are not even high school level. 

and now I have to see Dan Mullins on ESPN.