Still want to see more games but

cole256

I think this team will have similar problems that last year team had. It's very early and I don't really analyze a team this early in a season.

Bunch of new players and they have to have time to get the chemistry built and all so this may not be accurate. I'll post later in the season and let people know if it's definite or not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KTATLEagles said:

Cole, what specifically are you referring to?

Errant/inconsistent guard play and lack of go to and consistent scoring threat. Also the lack of size at the 1-2 outside of Westry will eventually hurt us. Bruce loves his smaller quick guards though. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, cole256 said:

I think this team will have similar problems that last year team had. It's very early and I don't really analyze a team this early in a season.

Bunch of new players and they have to have time to get the chemistry built and all so this may not be accurate. I'll post later in the season and let people know if it's definite or not. 

I think consistent shooting is still going to be a problem.   We have more shooters, but none of them have made me confident our consistency will improve.  
I think you’re absolutely right about our guard play.   Wendell seems to have improved, and I think Westry will eventually be a stud, but how long?   Missing a big chunk of prep time with his injury hurt his development IMHO.  
And our 4 and 5 aren’t going to be as consistent this year.   Broome is good, and hopefully Traore will be good, Cardwell has certainly improved, and JW is solid and steady.   But not having Jabari and Kessler is going to hurt.   

One thing we can be sure of, the defensive effort and depth will be there.  

• Like 1

@cole256, do you remember how you felt of the Final Four team we had at the beginning of the season?  As in, do you recall at the beginning that the team would be special or did they grow into it as the season progressed.  I’m trying to gauge if this team can also grow into it. 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

@cole256, do you remember how you felt of the Final Four team we had at the beginning of the season?  As in, do you recall at the beginning that the team would be special or did they grow into it as the season progressed.  I’m trying to gauge if this team can also grow into it. 

Don't remember exactly what I felt but I do remember posting or arguing telling people okeke was going to improve over time and telling people he was easily the most talented guy on the roster. 

I seem to remember saying our guards were going to have to ease up being as ball dominant and Harper in particular we win when he averages a little more assists.  

I feel like I remember we got hot right before the sec tourney. I could be wrong though

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, KTATLEagles said:

Cole, what specifically are you referring to?

Our guards ball handling and assists. Just a guy looking to share the ball a little more than focus on scoring. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Don't remember exactly what I felt but I do remember posting or arguing telling people okeke was going to improve over time and telling people he was easily the most talented guy on the roster. 

I seem to remember saying our guards were going to have to ease up being as ball dominant and Harper in particular we win when he averages a little more assists.  

I feel like I remember we got hot right before the sec tourney. I could be wrong though

We did.  Won the final 6 games or so before tourney and then didn't lose until that final game.  I want to say beating Kentucky at Auburn started the run. 

Edited by AUBwins

Consistent shooting might very well be an issue. I feel better about it than I would have if only Auburn had shot so poorly this last game but both teams had major issues.  I really like what we have seem defensively so far, they have barely missed a beat on that end of the floor and we have some great rim protectors on the team.  Flanigan, JW, and Zep all need to shoot well consistently for this team to be really dangerous.  If Green has a bad night shooting he has at least proven that he can make up for it to some degree by doing other things better.  

Novice question here- I really dont know what thread to ask in: the guys CBP brought in don't look like one-and-dones. Is that long term plan or did we come up short of expectations?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Novice question here- I really dont know what thread to ask in: the guys CBP brought in don't look like one-and-dones. Is that long term plan or did we come up short of expectations?

I'm excited at the potential of Westry and Traore to stay long term.  

I want to see more games, too!  Just bought my tickets to the 12/21 game against UW.  Should be a great test for AU.  

• Like 1