Ole Miss pay sites saying Kiffin signed contract with Auburn

TeamZero77

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’ll take your guy Lanning over Freeze all day....

Amen!  Lanning is building his kingdom in Oregon!  Auburn should have done whatever it took to bring that guy back to the SEC!  

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
41 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Have you seen this?  

I’ve seen it. He basically he can’t prove Kiffin isn’t the next coach, so he’s just gonna agree that he probably is for now…but he’s gonna say there is heavy two way interest in potentially more than 1 of the bigger name candidates and both sides are talking….so if what he says is true then there’s a 0% chance Kiffin had signed a contract or agreed on terms (which would by law constitute a verbal contract by which he could sue for the entire sum of said contract if it didn’t happen).  If AU is still talking to anyone other LK, there couldn’t possibly be an agreement on terms making all the other talk (and the headline of this thread) hot garbage. But I’ve saying that all along 🤣 (not because I have some secret info, I’ve just paid attention to the last couple coaching searches we’ve had)

Just now, lovemytigerz said:

Amen!  Lanning is building his kingdom in Oregon!  Auburn should have done whatever it took to bring that guy back to the SEC!  

I hope he’s one of those “mystery candidates” 

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I’m not claiming there’s any truth to him staying…

but I’d assume contracts like this aren’t just quickly signed at your convenience. It’s probably more like a home sale…needs agents, both parties present, notary etc

When I bought my house last year, everything was signed via e-signature until the closing where we were the only party present. He absolutely could’ve signed the contract at OM and be withholding the information until tomorrow for the shock effect. 

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I hope he’s one of those “mystery candidates” 

Lanning’s statement about staying at Oregon was 100% more definite than whatever Kiffin’s been ducking and dodging. I’ll be highly surprised if he’s announced as our head coach. 

Guest MustardSeed
16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

When I bought my house last year, everything was signed via e-signature until the closing where we were the only party present. He absolutely could’ve signed the contract at OM and be withholding the information until tomorrow for the shock effect. 

Sure, but you still had to show up for the official closing of the contract to have the official final signing affirmed by a legal notary, as well as the signatures of your real estate agents (if you had one). What you signed beforehand was an agreement on terms, not the actual contract. But by the same standard he could have electronically signed an agreement of some sort but surely doesn’t have to. We sign all that electronic stuff on home contracts because we take many weeks to close the contract. If we were just gonna close in one day we’d likely just sign that one. 
Im just throwing out possibilities as to why something wouldn’t be signed today. Who knows for sure 🤷‍♂️

Edited by MustardSeed

Just now, MustardSeed said:

I’ve seen it. He basically he can’t prove Kiffin isn’t the next coach, so he’s just gonna agree that he probably is for now…but he’s gonna say there is heavy two way interest in potentially more than 1 of the bigger name candidates and both sides are talking….so if what he says is true then there’s a 0% chance Kiffin had signed a contract or agreed on terms (which would by law constitute a verbal contract by which he could sue for the entire sum of said contract if it didn’t happen).  If AU is still talking to anyone other LK, there couldn’t possibly be an agreement on terms making all the other talk (and the headline of this thread) hot garbage. But I’ve saying that all along 🤣 (not because I have some secret info, I’ve just paid attention to the last couple coaching searches we’ve had)

Agree with your assessment.  Wish I knew what Josh Pate has been told!

LOTS of hot garbage on this site.  I'm steady watching Dan Lanning build his empire in Oregon while we debate whether Auburn will hire an 8-4 coach, or move on to a coach who got caught being his own pimp.  Sigh ... 🙄

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Lanning’s statement about staying at Oregon was 100% more definite than whatever Kiffin’s been ducking and dodging. I’ll be highly surprised if he’s announced as our head coach. 

Yep me to.

I’m just grasping at straws... hoping we do better than Freeze 

At this point, it won't shock me if they just give Cadillac the job. Either that or it will be a name that NOBODY has even mentioned. Kinda the way the Harsin hire went. 

However, Jon Sokoloff covers Mississippi State and Ole Miss. According to both schools message boards, he is good friends with John Cohen. Sokoloff is the journalist that broke the Cohen to Auburn news 2 days before it was announced. He was the first person to mention Cohen to Auburn. Sokoloff is also the journalist that said Kiffin would step down this friday from Ole Miss and take the Auburn job. Most of the Ole Miss fans seem to think Lane is coming to Auburn because they trust what Sokoloff writes. 

Who knows what will happen. I'm just ready for it to be over.

Guest MustardSeed
8 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Agree with your assessment.  Wish I knew what Josh Pate has been told!

LOTS of hot garbage on this site.  I'm steady watching Dan Lanning build his empire in Oregon while we debate whether Auburn will hire an 8-4 coach, or move on to a coach who got caught being his own pimp.  Sigh ... 🙄

If we hire Freeze, for the first time in my life I won’t pull for AU…that’s a line I won’t cross. Period. If AU thinks it’s ok to put a man with that history leading young men (and it’s recent and continual, not some past event he’s grown from) then who I am (and I won’t compromise) and who AU is will have become polar opposites and I’ll have to be out until leadership is changed. I’m sure I’ll be almost all alone on that one but that’s ok. 

Edited by MustardSeed

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

If we hire Freeze, for the first time in my life I won’t pull for AU…that’s a line I won’t cross. Period. If AU thinks it’s ok to put a man with that history leading young men (and it’s recent and continual, not some past event he’s grown from) then who I am (and I won’t compromise) and who AU is will have become polar opposites and I’ll have to be out until leadership is changed. I’m sure I’ll be almost all alone on that one but that’s ok. 

Forgiveness? 

Guest MustardSeed
17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Also to add, I’m sure 50 million plus deals are done slightly different than yours and my home deals 🤣

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Forgiveness? 

Sure, but only after he’s shown a consistent pattern of change over many years (forgiveness is given day 1 but being allowed to lead young men again has to be earned). His moral failures are continual

7 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

At this point, it won't shock me if they just give Cadillac the job. Either that or it will be a name that NOBODY has even mentioned. Kinda the way the Harsin hire went. 

However, Jon Sokoloff covers Mississippi State and Ole Miss. According to both schools message boards, he is good friends with John Cohen. Sokoloff is the journalist that broke the Cohen to Auburn news 2 days before it was announced. He was the first person to mention Cohen to Auburn. Sokoloff is also the journalist that said Kiffin would step down this friday from Ole Miss and take the Auburn job. Most of the Ole Miss fans seem to think Lane is coming to Auburn because they trust what Sokoloff writes. 

Who knows what will happen. I'm just ready for it to be over.

Maybe his Family does not want to go? Maybe OM shot the moon ? Maybe he thinks he can get to AL in 2 years at OM? Maybe he has seen our roster (not kidding). Who knows… but this is a pretty common occurrence with AU coaching searches. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Maybe his Family does not want to go? Maybe OM shot the moon ? Maybe he thinks he can get to AL in 2 years at OM? Maybe he has seen our roster (not kidding). Who knows… but this is a pretty common occurrence with AU coaching searches. 

Common occurrence for coaches to turn Auburn down and stay at their school? I agree. I've been through alot of these searches and we never get the coach that the media says is a lock. 

If Justin Ferguson is being truthful, he said a few days ago that he hasn't heard a single peep from Roberts, Cohen, McGlynn, boosters or BOT members. He said in past Auburn coaching searches, there would always be somebody talking but this time nothing. He also said that all the journalists that he has talked to haven't heard a single thing either. He said that's good though and it shows Auburn may finally be aligned at the top and everyone pulling the same direction. 

Just now, MustardSeed said:

I'm opposed to Freeze too.  He's Gus, without the morals. 

I watched a vid of him talking to someone recently, and he was REALLY struggling to try to sound like a changed man.  If I genuinely believed his heart was changed, I'd probably be inclined to argue for his redemption, but he did not seem at all sincere or convincing.

Rumor has it that Cohen and Freeze do not get along, and it was actually Cohen that reported Freeze, causing him to have to resign at Ole Miss.  If that's true, it seems unlikely that Cohen would hire Freeze.  

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Common occurrence for coaches to turn Auburn down and stay at their school? I agree. I've been through alot of these searches and we never get the coach that the media says is a lock. 

If Justin Ferguson is being truthful, he said a few days ago that he hasn't heard a single peep from Roberts, Cohen, McGlynn, boosters or BOT members. He said in past Auburn coaching searches, there would always be somebody talking but this time nothing. He also said that all the journalists that he has talked to haven't heard a single thing either. He said that's good though and it shows Auburn may finally be aligned at the top and everyone pulling the same direction. 

Phillip Marshall 247 said approximately the same thing.

• Like 1

Just now, lovemytigerz said:

Rumor has it that Cohen and Freeze do not get along, and it was actually Cohen that reported Freeze, causing him to have to resign at Ole Miss.  If that's true, it seems unlikely that Cohen would hire Freeze.  

Well, the person that covers Auburn for rivals seems to think tonight that HF is moving way up the ladder and that there is no Unity behind Kiff. 
I like HF, and I think he is probably a better coach than Kiff, but he is such an Auburn hire: a good coach with a not so good background. I thought we were trying to get away from that stigma. 
Frankly none of these coaches other than Dabo are great and that is a pipe dream. And to top it off- Deion was offered by Colorado of all places. He would Kill it here. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Well, the person that covers Auburn for rivals seems to think tonight that HF is moving way up the ladder and that there is no Unity behind Kiff. 
I like HF, and I think he is probably a better coach than Kiff, but he is such an Auburn hire: a good coach with a not so good background. I thought we were trying to get away from that stigma. 
Frankly none of these coaches other than Dabo are great and that is a pipe dream. And to top it off- Deion was offered by Colorado of all places. He would Kill it here. 

Have you seen the Josh Pate vid talking about the "big name" Auburn "mystery candidates"?

24 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Wish I knew what Josh Pate has been told

Probably nothing concrete.

An important thing to remember in coaching searches is that almost all of the candidates being evaluated/interviewed are currently employed elsewhere, and do not wish to jeopardize their current job until something concrete is on the table.  No one involved in the process has anything to gain by talking to anyone from the media, and they are certainly not going to trust "off the record".  Hearsay and speculation are the standard.  Nothing can be confirmed or refuted, until an announcement is made, and none of the hearsay or speculation matters after that, as the focus and clickbait have moved on.

Anyone that leaks to a media source, is most likely doing so with an agenda, not a desire to give anyone the scoop.

32 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Damn man, who DO you want for coach? You've complained about every candidate under the sun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Damn man, who DO you want for coach? You've complained about every candidate under the sun.

He's right.  That isn't a "he's not the right coach" complaint.  That's a "he's not the right kind of man to shape young men" complaint.  Freeze was caught being his own pimp for gosh sakes!