Jacobs Transferring?

Tigerdog

With Caddy appearing to stay next year, (haven't heard the latest on Ronnie)

It appears that Jacobs is NOT happy!

The V.P of my company (who is a UGAly alum) stated Jacobs put out the word this morning (wed 11/12) that he is xferring.

Anyone have any word or link on this?

I know he is unhappy, however, the coaches DID tell him about the stockpile of RB's AU has during recruiting, but Jacobs remained loyal to AU b/c they were loyal to him during his JUCO days. Guess his patience wore thin.

Problem is, Jacobs only has 1 yr of eligibility left, or he could xfer to a div 1AA school, and would have to sit his senior year.

Moreover, I also know that the coaching situation is unstable and is not favorable with the athletes.

Not sure if he s developed enough at this level to turn pro.

I know he is friends with Eddie George of the Titans.

Also know that Mel Kiper has ronnie, Caddy, and Jacobs on this list of top 5 best and eligible Rb in college.

This should be an interesting development!

Thoughts?

WDE!!!

This is an unfortunate situation. Like you said (based on what I've heard) Jacobs was not encouraged to come to Auburn based on the fact that we had Williams, Brown and Smith already coming back. It was almost predictable the way this would work out unless TT used some formations to get more RBs involved in the offense such as two-back sets and maybe even some wishbone. Can you imagine how Ole Miss would have reacted if we had come out in the wishbone with Williams/Brown/Jacobs on those last plays?

I haven't heard anything of it but I think he will be gone. There is no way he stays his senior year behind carnell and rb.

I like him and wish he would stay but oh well.

WARR EAGLE

Come on, guys. Where and how did this get started?

I guess it is like Carnell. Even if he were to say he is staying, there are those that would speculate on how soon he leaves.

Unreal.

Archived