Great WR commit's, thank the coaches

AWK

I have heard a lot of gossip from :au: fans and Bammers alike on why we are recieving all these WR commits. Hawthorne, Rose, etc.... Bammers use their normal jibba jab about how "they didnt want them in the first place" and "Teebow is a backstabber (who really cares)". I hear a different story from a few Auburn Alum's in the know. They say that the word on the street is that Brandon Cox sold the Tigers as much as the Coaches. For Example: Tim Hawthorne:

"He won my respect in the Georgia game,†Hawthorne says of Auburn’s Brandon Cox. “I was there and he threw that pass on fourth and 12 to seal the deal. That was something that won me over about Brandon Cox and his progression throughout the rest of the season. I look forward to catching balls from him in the future.â€Â

When you have a quarterback that is respected, such as Cox, seilling your school isnt that hard :cheer::thumbsup::au:

Thin about it objectively, I'm being serious. If you are an 18 year old kid with unbelievable ability, where would you want to go? On one hand, you have Bama, probably the WORST offense in the SEC (outside of Oxford). No O line, an inexperienced QB, your defense will have to be totally rebuilt next year, and your coach is Dave Rader(with Mike Shula looking over his shoulder). On the other hand you have a team that is on the rise. We have a stable coaching staff, you get to play for one of the best offensive minds in the game, and your team will go into the season ranked in the top ten (if not top five in some polls).

I say its no wonder we are picking up so many WRs. The recruits are ROLLIN' BABY...THEY'RE ROLLIN'.

On the other hand, though, why give up the chance to catch from TWO Heisman winning QB's:  JP Wilson & McElroy?  :lol:

216203[/snapback]

They did not win the Heisman they won two cases of Heineken!!! In West Vance they don't know the difference.

On the other hand, though, why give up the chance to catch from TWO Heisman winning QB's:  JP Wilson & McElroy?  :lol:

216203[/snapback]

Easy answer. It is VERY difficult, if not impossible, to throw a pass while laying on your B A C K ! ! ! ! :big:

216203[/snapback]

They did not win the Heisman they won two cases of Heineken!!! In West Vance they don't know the difference.

216295[/snapback]

Not Heineken...It was Hiney from some Kin.

Talked to Courtney Taylor today and had to laugh - as of mid-morning, he told me that Hawthorne called him around 3 PM yesterday informing him that he was coming to AU. I asked him about Whitehead, and CT said he didn't know..

Anyway, found it funny that (according to him), Courtney was one of the first to know.

Archived