Auburn v. Purdue

2-1 Purdue in the top of the 5th, 1 out and 1 on.

Tigers scored in the 1st off a Donaldson double. Purdue scored both unearned in the 5th.

Anybody know what got Bianucci so chippy after his strikeout. He pointed the bat at the pitcher and started yelling out at him. I assumed the pitcher did something to taunt him first. The game got a little shippy there for a while. I think that is good. It give the guys something to be intense about in a series that might normally be kind of blah.

Anybody know what got Bianucci so chippy after his strikeout. He pointed the bat at the pitcher and started yelling out at him. I assumed the pitcher did something to taunt him first. The game got a little shippy there for a while. I think that is good. It give the guys something to be intense about in a series that might normally be kind of blah.

Didn't see that but talking smack after you strike out really does not intimidate a pitcher too much, regardless of who instigated it. In high school and college, there was a few times that a batter tried to stare me down after he had struck out. Seemed kind of silly at the time and it was hard for me to hold back a good laugh knowing the guy was heading back to the dugout and I am pretty sure he did not get high fives for striking out.

They should not need a reason to be intense, but I can see where if they thought a pitcher was being cocky on the mound, that may get them fired up a little bit more to put thrashing on Purdue.

Archived