Addition coming to the LukeDuke family

lukeduke

I am pleased to announce that there is a little tiger cub growing in Mrs. Duke and will be joining us around April of next year. This will be our first child, so can some of the parents on the board let me know how you get an Auburn shirt into the womb to get the baby started early?

congrats! i suppose the general isn't equipped for car seat use?

Actually it is, but the doors not opening presents the problem. I think DHR might be called if they see me sliding the baby across the hood and then through the window.

congrats! i suppose the general isn't equipped for car seat use?

Actually it is, but the doors not opening presents the problem. I think DHR might be called if they see me sliding the baby across the hood and then through the window.

That would be cool though to see little Bo sliding across the hood to his mommy.

Congratulations on the little one.

• 4 months later...

any updates?

do you know the sex of this child?

It's a boy! Today is the first day of the 32nd week with a due date of April 8. She's still doing fine, has not had one single bit of morning sickness through the whole pregnancy. She is starting to get leg cramps, but is still able to work, walk, work out and everything else with no major problems. We had the 4d ultrasound done about three weeks ago, and at that point, the baby weighed about 3 pounds. We will have another regular ultrasound in two weeks to check his position and weight again. I'll try to remember to put an update out after that ultrasound and let everyone know how it looks. I'll definitely update it after he's born and put pictures out to go with the update.

We've got the baby room pretty much put together, we hung the wallpaper borders and have the furniture assembled and in place. She'll have the first baby shower coming up in a few weeks, so I'm sure we'll have a lot more to put together at that point.

any updates?

do you know the sex of this child?

It's a boy! Today is the first day of the 32nd week with a due date of April 8. She's still doing fine, has not had one single bit of morning sickness through the whole pregnancy. She is starting to get leg cramps, but is still able to work, walk, work out and everything else with no major problems. We had the 4d ultrasound done about three weeks ago, and at that point, the baby weighed about 3 pounds. We will have another regular ultrasound in two weeks to check his position and weight again. I'll try to remember to put an update out after that ultrasound and let everyone know how it looks. I'll definitely update it after he's born and put pictures out to go with the update.

We've got the baby room pretty much put together, we hung the wallpaper borders and have the furniture assembled and in place. She'll have the first baby shower coming up in a few weeks, so I'm sure we'll have a lot more to put together at that point.

congrats!

our first was a boy.

we did the wallpaper border about midway up the wall. as soon as jack was tall enough (in the crib) he began to tear it. not making my wife or his grandmother happy.

take jarhead's advice about sleep.

Get plenty of sleep and stock up on newborn diapers. It amazes me how something so small could use up so many diapers. Oh yeah, be careful of that little firehose and keep your mouth closed when changing his diapers.

I have heard about the firehose. Luckily, we have some friends that have just had their second boy, so we went to their house and learned the technique for that situation. We bought several packs of different diapers and have 202 in all....I'm hoping that lasts at least a week.

I finally put the 3d ultrasound pictures on the computer, these are a couple of our favorites

3d1lm8.jpg

3d2ag3.jpg

You son is already a lot more cooperative than our son. When we went in for the 3D ultrasounds, he would either be facing the wrong way, or have his face hidden by his arms. I think we went back 3 times before we could finally get some decent pictures.

Here's me, my daughter Sophie, and my son, Jackson.

IMG_1805.jpg

How much does he look like the 3d images? As of right now, everyone that sees him says he is a definite Luke Jr, but we also hear how much they change in the first few days.

By the way, those shots are about the most he would ever show. The ultrasound was about 30 minutes long, and it took about 25 minutes until we could confirm that he did have a left side to his face.

How much does he look like the 3d images? As of right now, everyone that sees him says he is a definite Luke Jr, but we also hear how much they change in the first few days.

By the way, those shots are about the most he would ever show. The ultrasound was about 30 minutes long, and it took about 25 minutes until we could confirm that he did have a left side to his face.

Limited by my pics on the computer I'm on right now.

Here's the best 3d shot I've got.

KARA_6.jpg

And he's a shot of him when he was first born, maybe 10 minutes old...

IMG_1792.jpg

Your 3D shots are by far much better than the ones we got.

Can you believe a little human being can live inside someone's stomach? Always kind of amazes me to think about.

Can you believe a little human being can live inside someone's stomach? Always kind of amazes me to think about.

It is awesome. It takes me back every time I feel him kick or roll around in there. As of today, it is T minus six weeks.

Had the 34 week ultrasound yesterday, everything checks out fine. The guess for weight is about four pounds nine ounces at this point. Today starts week 35....but I seriously doubt she is going the full 40 weeks.

• 1 month later...

I was wrong....she got very close to 40 weeks.

James Gabriel Brooks came into the world yesterday afternoon at 4:12 pm weighing in at 6 pounds 8 oz and 20 1/4 inches long.

img0712pm8.th.jpg

I was wrong....she got very close to 40 weeks.

James Gabriel Brooks came into the world yesterday afternoon at 4:12 pm weighing in at 6 pounds 8 oz and 20 1/4 inches long.

img0712pm8.th.jpg

Congrats man! That is awesome! :thumbsup:

Archived