Auburn losing recruiting war with in-state rival

Ryan Sanders

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the article this morning. From a recruiting ranking perspective, Tuberville is getting destroyed by Saban. Saban is here 1 year and already filling in talent like there is no tomorrow. You guys can make excuses like "well they have lots of scholarships to offer and players will quit, so that means playing time." I don't care - the guy is bringing in a lot of talent next year.

I'm not saying Tuberville's signing class is a disappointment. But we all know if the recruits were the other way around, from a rankings perspective, we'd be jumping for joy and making fun of the opposition.

I am not going to argue that this year's recruiting class isn't too great (to this point). But for him to act like Tuberville is lazy and hasn't recruited well.. Got lucky with Williams and Brown.. blah blah.. is way off.

The main thing I am worried about right now is next year... will we be sitting here again with a decent season, and a recruiting class way behind Bama's?? I am not being pessimistic but just thinking real.

I would like to feel assurance with Franklin.. but he was running an offense against teams that aren't good. So for now, all I can do is wait and see how we do next year on offense.

You ought to check Troy's 07 opponents before you rattle off. Troy/ Franklin's offense scored 26 vs Ark., 31 vs. Gators, 41 vs Ok State, and 34 vs UGA. Sure looks like they played a bunch of cream puffs to me.

I am curious to see how our recruiting numbers change now that the coaches are in place and the recruiting is kicking into full gear with new expectations.

I am impressed with the number of top 10 prospects per position that Saban is recruiting, but I don't think he has the ability to keep these kids under control.

He seems completely unable within the rules the NCAA has set forth to control the hot heads he recruits.

I don't think any Alabama fan can honestly talk any smack at all until they see some results. 4million later you are still 6-6 and talking up your recruiting classes. I would just shut up until I saw something to be proud of. Right now you should be angry at your administration for selling out to win so much that the school is now the joke of the college football world. I would be furious.

THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES NEXT YEAR, WHEN #7 HAPPENS!

There are always excuses.

"Saban's first REAL recruiting class is young."

"JPW sucks. We're waiting for Starr Jackson."

"Some of Shula's players still influenced the end of the season."

Don't forget probation.

I heard the idiots on WJOX Saturday morning drag that dead horse out of the closet and start beating it again. It apparently has at least two more years of shelf life.

Don't forget probation.

I heard the idiots on WJOX Saturday morning drag that dead horse out of the closet and start beating it again. It apparently has at least two more years of shelf life.

Speaking of idiot's and two year shelf life-what do you think the over and under for Sabahr making it to and through the 2010 season will be? I'm thinking snow-ball/hell or at best 50/50, no wait- 6/6 better yet, how bout calling it ".500" for all our turd's out there..

Wow thanks bammers for trashing up this thread. Please remove your tired smack talk from the cinder blocks before the end of the day.

On another note, the Alex City Outlook had to issue an apology about their idiot writers plagerism.

http://www.alexcityoutlook.com/articles/20...ts/sports02.txt

I'm a subscriber to the AC Outlook. I emailed my complaint, and it looks like a number of others did too. The apology was sorta' weak, but they did acknowledge "errors" and plagiarism. Hopefully that writer will lose his job.

LOL. I be to differ. I've already heard a good one. I was having a beer with a friend who is a Bammer and he said "ya'll may get us next year and in Auburn the next but we''ll be ready in Tuscallosa the next". So yea I'd say the bammers are already getting the excuses lined up. I'm waiting fior one of them to say "the sun got in our eye".

I did tell him that the good news was, Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then, and that the law of averages says Bammer will win one some day.

If it wasn't for their arrogant attitude, it would almost be sad. NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

What about one title in 13 years is erroneous? Now, you might not LIKE the truth, but it's the truth, nonetheless.

Here's a DECADE'S worth of truth for you...

AU vs AL '98 thru '07

AU UA

Record 82-41 69-54

Win % .667 .561

SEC Wins 49 42

SEC W % .613 .518

Bowl Rec 5-3 2-4

Bowl W % .625 .429

IRON BOWL 7-3 3-7

P.S. You're lucky the 98 & 99 seasons fall into these comparisons 'cause if they didn't it'd be REALLY ugly for your dark pink powerhouse of a football program.

Now, you might not LIKE the truth, but it's the truth none the less...Enjoy :moon:

Why did you leave out SEC titles? Maybe because they were equal? how convenient. We might have gotten one in '02 had we been eligible. Then we would have had more than your glorious program in those years. You guys are hilarious... Have fun going 8-4, we know that is all you expect, along with an SEC west co-championship. :roflol:

The idiot speaks again. You really are stupid, aren't you? Why would you come here to run your mouth and smack talk us about going 8-4 when your own pathetic excuse for a program is sitting at a stellar 6-6? Why would you come here talking trash about this 8-4 season when its our worse record in 4 years? Why would you want to come here knowing our program is in total domination of yours to the tune of 6 straight. We had an offense that wasn't ranked in the top 100 and your defense still couldn't do enough to stop us. If we were content with 8-4 and our annual beatdown of your pathetic program, Al Borges would likely still be at Auburn and we'd just keep kicking your a**. We do have higher expectations, which is exactly why borges was shown the door. Now if you couldn't stop an offense not even ranked in the top 100, what will you do with our offense that is surely to improve in the years to come.

I love this though... "We might have gotten one is 2002 had we been eligible".... classic bammer talk. I'm surprise you haven't retroactively "claimed' one like you do everything else. The FACT is you didn't get squat in 2002, and you just need to accept it the way things are instead of playing the what if game. I do enjoy that though...cause even with the 10 wins that year, uat still couldn't beat Auburn. That must be tough to swallow.

Since you brought up the SEC title situation, let's examine it shall we. uat won theirs in 1999, right? Nice little blip on the radar for a program mired in mediocrity. Let's see how uat responded before and after that fleeting success:

1997 - 4-7

1998 - 7-5

1999 - 10 -3**

2000 - 3-8

2001 - 7-5

2002 - 10-3

Now take a look at how Auburn responded before and after their SEC title in 2004:

2002 - 9-4

2003 - 8-5

2004 - 13-0**

2005 - 9-3

2006 - 11-2

2007 - 8-4 one game pending

** denotes title year

So, when uat won the title it was coming off a losing season and an average 7 win season, then the years following the sec title, what's that?, another LOSING SEASON. In 2000 uat was ranked preseason #3 as well, and tanked it to 3-8.

Meanwhile, Auburn won the title in 2004 with a PERFECT 13-0 record after failing to meet the high expectations of 2003. However, even with the high expectations and low results we still went 8-5 and still beat uat ON THE FIELD. We also responded in a big was going 13-0 the next season. THen after that championship season we followed by winning 20 games combined the next two years.

So, uat had their lofty expectations AFTER winning the title in 1999, and responded by going 3-8. We had our lofty expectations BEFORE the title in 2003 but went 8-5, however we responded the following year with that 13-0 season. We have also followed it up by averaging 9 wins a season since, while uat followed it up with an average of 6 wins a season....

I know after all those facts layed before you, you will start spinning them in to something better suited for your losing argument. THose are the facts, whether you like it or not. Review them over and over again until it sinks in. uat is a program on life support and shows no signs of gaining consciousness anytime soon. Have fun laughing about an SEC co-championship if you will, but at least we are contending for something. You only wish uat could sniff at a co-championship, yet 2007 and $4 Million and uat is still an sec bottom feeder. Congrats, you made the sec west standings ahead of Ole Miss and....well, nobody. FIFTH place finish for your program while you trash ours. laughable indeed.

You know what they say. Second place is the first loser!! :poke: We will also improve next year. Your so-called reign is coming to an end.......

Youve been second place in this state for the last six years.

Actually, uat is in third of fourth in this State (Depending on UAB's success in any given Season)

• 2 weeks later...

Bama and UF will battle for the SEC Title 8 out of the next 10 years. Bank it.

Now that was just a stupid quote...like there's not another team in the SEC that can compete...I'll bet you a $100 right now AL and UF will not be in the SECCG 8 times in 10 years...that's just dumb...and no I don't have any idea who will be...did anyone REALLY think AR would be there last year?

Now that was just a stupid quote...like there's not another team in the SEC that can compete...I'll bet you a $100 right now AL and UF will not be in the SECCG 8 times in 10 years...that's just dumb...and no I don't have any idea who will be...did anyone REALLY think AR would be there last year?

Well now Matt, let's not jump to conclusions here. Technically, Baymie and UF WILL be battling for the SEC title EVERY year. So will Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee and even Vanderbilt. They'll all be battling but unfortunately, Bummer won't be anywhere near Atlanta unless they schedule Georgia Tech. :big:

I just want to know whether Legion or other Bama fans think they would have beaten us in the 2002 SECCG......I hadn't heard this one before.....

They won't, and UGA would have beaten Bama like a rented mule that night in the GA Dome.

UAT and UF wont be in the title game 8 times combined in the next 10 years - let alone 8 times against each other.

Seriously can we bet on that?

Is a virtual handshake enough?

Let's make a $10,000 wager.

I'll even spot you two games so that between 2008 and 2017 uat and UF can only play each other for the SEC title a total of six times you take the money. Five or less and you may want to take out an extra loan to make the payments on the trailer.

Do I hear the sound of crickets chirping?

you just hit a nerve with bammerperry when you challenged him to a bet. He runs away like the scared little girl he is when someone makes him back up anything he says on here.

How 'bout it, bammer? You takin'? I'll chip in myself and we can double it. Just think, you could add a rec room on the doublewide AND get some new rims for the Camaro. Of course if you lose, the double wide and Camaro aren't worth the money it would take to pay the bet off.

We might have gotten one in '02 had we been eligible.

You wouldn't have had a chance in the SECCG. Nobody was beating us that night.

We had you beaten in Tuscaloosa and gave it away.

I just want to know whether Legion or other Bama fans think they would have beaten us in the 2002 SECCG......I hadn't heard this one before.....

Do not act like it is such a shock. That is the year that Lane Bearden tore his ACL. Had he been healthy, we stood a very good shot of keeping Billy Bennett out of FG range in Tuscaloosa. Why would Atlanta be any different???

...You had them beat and gave it away?? How about you got beat on the field by a better team? Is this such a hard thing for you to acknowledge?

Then again, I guess expecting a bammer to give credit where credit is due and stop living in the past and on if's and but's is like asking a leopard to change its spots...

Well here is your gold star for almost beating us in your own place istockphoto_1803807_gold_star_2.jpg

Do not act like it is such a shock. That is the year that Lane Bearden tore his ACL. Had he been healthy, we stood a very good shot of keeping Billy Bennett out of FG range in Tuscaloosa. Why would Atlanta be any different???

There is no shock. More like laughter.

You can give as many excuses as you want, I can give you more if you want to play that game.

You cry about Lane being out, I will give you Ben Watson and others not playing in the Alabama game.

You cry about losing by 2 due to a FG....I laugh at you as UGA was up by 12 in the 4th and gave you a TD through an INT by Greene....so, we should have been up by much more (using excuses)

We had more yards rushing, passing, first downs, TOP, and just about every other catagory in the game.

You lost to a much better team. Deal with it.

You had a 0% chance of beating us in the SECCG that year. You would have been blown off the field by as much if not worse than Arkansas was that day.

Alabama fans, why argue it. It's over, and has been a long time. Forget about it. I'm sure I could go back the past 100 games and find a way we could have won 90 of them, but it's pointless.

There is no shock. More like laughter.

You can give as many excuses as you want, I can give you more if you want to play that game.

You cry about Lane being out, I will give you Ben Watson and others not playing in the Alabama game.

You cry about losing by 2 due to a FG....I laugh at you as UGA was up by 12 in the 4th and gave you a TD through an INT by Greene....so, we should have been up by much more (using excuses)

We had more yards rushing, passing, first downs, TOP, and just about every other catagory in the game.

You lost to a much better team. Deal with it.

You had a 0% chance of beating us in the SECCG that year. You would have been blown off the field by as much if not worse than Arkansas was that day.

Congratulations Slink, you just got to see bammers at their best. They will NEVER admit defeat. There is a good excuse for EVERYTHING. As a matter of fact, they have never been beaten on the field. They have only had victories stolen from them (or they just decided to give some away).

Alabama fans, why argue it. It's over, and has been a long time. Forget about it. I'm sure I could go back the past 100 games and find a way we could have won 90 of them, but it's pointless.

Finally some sense from a bammer!!

By the way...If you go back a hundred games you would only need to find excuses...er, uh "reasons" for losing about 45-47 of them per the +/- .500 record during that span of time....I know it probably FEELS like you've lost 90 of them since most of the L's were against SEC teams but it really hasn't been THAT bad... :poke:

Just pointing this out so you know it won't be so hard to validate if you decide to do so... :big:

Archived