Nine Extra-Base Hits Help AU to 17-0 Win over App St.

All nine starters recorded at least one hit and seven different players hit doubles as Auburn cruised to a 17-0 win over Appalachian State on Tuesday night at Plainsman Park. The 17 runs on 16 hits both represented season-highs for Auburn, which improved to 11-4 on the season.

Complete Article Link

What do Auburn and Michigan have in common?

They have both lost to Appalachian State...

... this is why I think baseball is soo stupid. Every game means crap until you are in the playoff race. It's OK to lose to the likes of Mercer.

I'm for whatever keeps you away.

You seem to like basketball a lot. How is this any different? It's not. If anything the regular season could mean more in baseball. You get to play for more than just a seed, but for home field advantage until the final 8. Heck, in almost every basketball conference you could lose EVERY single game but win the tournament and keep playing. At least in baseball the 64th best team is capable of beating the #1 team in the tournament.

Actually I'm not a big fan of the way the basketball season works out either. Nothing compares to football since CFB is in itself a playoff throughout the entire season. But at least in basketball, you play your hardest in every single game.

You don't see basketball teams benching their best players on the Tuesday night December game vs S. Alabama. It's not like Lebo goes "alright guys, this is only S. Alabama and the game doesn't really mean anything. So starters, rest your legs. Rest of you guys - play as well as you can for 40 minutes. Go team!"

Baseball, we play on a Tuesday night against Mercer and it's like "all right, what pitcher will not play in conference league play. This will be a good game for him to open up in. Not like it matters if we lose this game."

In baseball, once you have the series "won," it doesn't matter to sweep. In baseball, there are so many freaking games, that people care about winning a series and not every game. They only care about winning "enough" games.

And your conference tournament argument is stupid. No team has ever been the absolute worst and won their tournament. Possible, but improbably to the point that it has never, nor will it ever, happen. And if you want to keep your argument, the 64 seed does have a chance to defeat the #1. It's come close in the past. Perhaps it's easier in baseball, but I guess that is the only time the baseball teams play all their starters and best players.

Archived