Sports Illustrated article (September 19, 2011)

rocketman37

I'm still seething and teeming over the cute and sarcastic innuendo POINT AFTER, "More Perfect Unions", Phil Taylor, Page 88):

"...soliciting payment under the table-like Cam Newton's dad did at Auburn...".

My email message ("...alledgedly solicited....from MISSISSIPPI STATE, not Auburn") politely requested a correction/retraction.

SI replied: "Your message was forwarded to the editors".

No response as of today.

Help me with this, please. I'll continue to DEMAND a PUBLISHED correction.

Email to: letters@SI.timeinc.com

Rocketman...out

I'm still seething and teeming over the cute and sarcastic innuendo POINT AFTER, "More Perfect Unions", Phil Taylor, Page 88):

"...soliciting payment under the table-like Cam Newton's dad did at Auburn...".

My email message ("...alledgedly solicited....from MISSISSIPPI STATE, not Auburn") politely requested a correction/retraction.

SI replied: "Your message was forwarded to the editors".

No response as of today.

Help me with this, please. I'll continue to DEMAND a PUBLISHED correction.

Email to: letters@SI.timeinc.com

Rocketman...out

email sent. Let's hope they care (doubtful...)

Are you still subscribed? Then they don't care.... sorry. If they wanted to print the truth, they would actually have to do a little leg work, but what's the point if they can write what they want and people still give them money for it.

Sent, even though I don't subscribe. I didn't bring that up w/ them in the e-mail, just called them out on them being worthless journalists.

Are you still subscribed? Then they don't care.... sorry. If they wanted to print the truth, they would actually have to do a little leg work, but what's the point if they can write what they want and people still give them money for it.

I subscribed after the BCS NC game (to get the book, football, and DVD).

Subscription now cancelled.

Yep, just thought I'd get at least a 'we will look into this' type letter. Me and my damn optimism...

I'm not a subscriber so they probably just took my email address and sold it to some junk mail website. Hurray

SI replied to my 9/28 (second) email: "Thank you for your interest. We have forwarded your messsage to the Editors"

Looks like a "canned" reply, to me.

I called the customer service number. The person (India) was very polite; she had no idea what I was requesting.

I ain't going away.

• 2 weeks later...

Started sending daily letters again after the investigation. SI responded.

Thank you for your email to Sports Illustrated. This is a topic the editors plan to address in the next (Oct. 24) issue.

SI LETTERS

Hmmmmm provocative....

Thank you for your email to Sports Illustrated. This is a topic the editors plan to address in the next (Oct. 24) issue.

SI LETTERS

Hmmmmm provocative....

Please keep us informed as to what they publish. Wouldn't be surprised if they ignore their BS of Sept. 19th and "address the topic" with a story on the NCAA's ruling.

SI LETTERS

Hmmmmm provocative....

Please keep us informed as to what they publish. Wouldn't be surprised if they ignore their BS of Sept. 19th and "address the topic" with a story on the NCAA's ruling.

That's what I think will happen too. If so, I send two emails a day.

Archived