Lemonier

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Morris was not a very good receiver at all (didn't even average 100 yards a season receiving). Dyer will catch a lot of balls and be a factor in the passing game like Drew.

That's cuz he was a runner.  And, Dyer is not meant to be an H-Back.  He's being brought in to run. 

Dyer is being recruited as an all purpose back. One of the assets the coaches loved most about him were his solid hands coming out of the back field. Just because he's going to catch passes doesn't mean he's an H-back. *rolls eyes*

Blah, Blah and Blah.

This recruiting class is still great!

Me; however, do feel we will be lacking at running back. I really wanted ML, MDyer IMO, again, In My Opinion, will be a bust for a 5 star. He will put up his fight, but I think he has peeked athletically and won't do what has become expected. At 5'9 210 pounds his body can't get bigger, his thighs our already bigger than my stomach. He will be good but not fill the role Tate left behind.  In high school he was a man amoungst boys and was able to dominate, at this level I feel he will drop. You have to have the boys that can carry the rock in third-and-short and he won't have the mustard in my opinion.

Most of you will disagree, fine with me, you will call me a bammer...fine. I'm not, my blood lines go deep to Auburn; but, it's my opinion. I want to eat crow on this and happily will, but we need a big back especially since Eric as been unstable.

I'm not going to call you a bammer, but I couldn't disagree more about Dyer. I had my reservations about him to begin with, but the more I've seen of him, the more I've liked him. You're right that he probably won't get any bigger, but why does he need to? He's already a hoss. And don't forget, we'll have Dontae Aycock coming off his redshirt year, too. Those two form quite the formidable 1-2 punch as power backs, and then you've got OMac, E Smith, and Supa' Mario to add into the mix. Oh, and don't be surprised to see Trovon Reed motioning into the backfield some, as well.

This is Running Back U, and the shelves are still stocked.

Joe Morris was not a very good receiver at all (didn't even average 100 yards a season receiving). Dyer will catch a lot of balls and be a factor in the passing game like Drew.

That's cuz he was a runner.  And, Dyer is not meant to be an H-Back.  He's being brought in to run. 

Dyer is being recruited as an all purpose back. One of the assets the coaches loved most about him were his solid hands coming out of the back field. Just because he's going to catch passes doesn't mean he's an H-back. *rolls eyes*

Om, no.  Sorry.  He's being recruited to replace the 1300 yard rushing numbers that Ben Tate left.  Roll your eyes all you want, but Dyer is coming to run. 

Om, no.  Sorry.  He's being recruited to replace the 1300 yard rushing numbers that Ben Tate left.  Roll your eyes all you want, but Dyer is coming to run. 

Are you familiar with the game of football, dude?

The new breed of running back is small, tough, and great at catching passes. That's Dyer. That's Ray Rice. That's MJD. HE'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT BACK THAN TATE AND WILL BE USED DIFFERENTLY THAN HIM.

Are you familiar with the game of football, dude?

Yes.  The question you should ask yourself is are you familiar with Gus Malzahn's O? 

Darren's McFadden's numbers under Malzahn.  149 yards receiving in Malzahn's lone season at Arky. 

2006 284 1647 5.8 80 14 11 149 13.5 70 1 0 0

Ben Tate's numbers under Malzahn.  105 yards receiving in Malzahn's first season at Arky.

2009 263 1362 5.2 60 10 20 105 5.3 19 0 0 0

***Do you notice a trend here?  Malzahn likes his power backs to run not catch.  Make no mistake.  Dyer is a power back.

The new breed of running back is small, tough, and great at catching passes. That's Dyer. That's Ray Rice. That's MJD. HE'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT BACK THAN TATE AND WILL BE USED DIFFERENTLY THAN HIM.

You couldn't be more wrong.  Malzahn's history doesn't use his power backs to catch.  He likes them to run.  Dyer will need to replace Tate's effective 1300 yard season on the ground not through the air. 

Archived