STEELERS THREAD

WDEAUB

10 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Good read on the WRs and the overall selflessness of the O since AB left

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-picture-steelers-receivers-191238766.html

Not hard to believe since AB is gone. Good article thanks for sharing

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

Good read on the WRs and the overall selflessness of the O since AB left

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-picture-steelers-receivers-191238766.html

Its amazing how successful the Steelers have been in drafting WRs.

Think about it, just in the last 10-15 years(including draft round)

Ward(3rd), AB(6th),  Sanders(3rd), Wallace (3rd), JUJU(2nd), Washington(2nd), and now Claypool(2nd, but the 11th WR taken). 

• Like 2

Agree, and even going back to the 70s, when you consider the smash mouth, black and blue steel city persona.

• Like 1

Only undefeated in the NFL right now. Go Steelers!!!

Only problem is we go to the Ravens now, and they had a bye, and we had a very tough game against the Titans.

Could be our first loss...we usually break even with the Ravens...

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Should kill the Cowboys but this is when we skrew up sometimes

Yep, seen it happen before. And we have come off of 2 high level, highly physical games that went down to the last play. Lots of injuries and guys out trying to heal.

Offense needs to step up....(but not like the first half of Ravens game)...

• Like 2

Okay, we almost jinxed that one! But, it’s always a good day when the cowboys lose and especially when we’re the ones to beat them!

27 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Okay, we almost jinxed that one! But, it’s always a good day when the cowboys lose and especially when we’re the ones to beat them!

That was my bad but damn if we did not play down to competition like we seem to do. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We're losing very good players the last two games. Last week Dupree tonight Spilane. Conner is out. Add in that the WR group has all of a sudden forgot how to catch the ball on a consistent basis and I'm starting to worry about the playoffs. Could care less about going undefeated in the regular season. 

Lost both DB's as well would rather lose now then in the playoffs. Offense is not playing like they could win a Super Bowl now anyway. Doubt we could really hang with KC scoring wise but you never know.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, augolf1716 said:

Lost both DB's as well would rather lose now then in the playoffs. Offense is not playing like they could win a Super Bowl now anyway. Doubt we could really hang with KC scoring wise but you never know.

Now we have lost all our LBs. Bush, SPillane, and now Williams to covid. Only one left is the guy we got from Jets. Who is going to play the other LB spot now till Williams gets back.

Our offense is struggling, and now we are without some of our best defensive players. This could get ugly down the stretch.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Now we have lost all our LBs. Bush, SPillane, and now Williams to covid. Only one left is the guy we got from Jets. Who is going to play the other LB spot now till Williams gets back.

Our offense is struggling, and now we are without some of our best defensive players. This could get ugly down the stretch.

What I'm afarid of..........plus we have to depend on Ben way too much we need to be able to run the ball to help him out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm, well that was ugly and tragic! The first quarter had to be the worst ever. And losing to the browns? In the playoffs? At home? With many of their coaches and players missing? Yikes!

I’d say the most embarrassing loss in 40 years 

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I’d say the most embarrassing loss in 40 years 

I must say I was in shock after that first play. Still can't figure out how our RB couldn't even fall on that dang ball.

Even with that we were putting serious pressure on the Browns after 2 TDs and making them 3 and outs. THen Tomlin decided to coach and on that 4th and 1, with all the momentum...punted. I told my son there, we will not overcome this now...

Tomlin says we do not live in our fears...well it did on that decision...

But I am listening to the Pittsburgh sports shows, and they want all the coordinators gone....And Tomlin to be put on notice.

The last 3 years his teams have broken down the stretch. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/9/2021 at 5:21 PM, augolf1716 said:

What do you think?

May be an image of one or more people and people playing football

I’ve kept trying to see it, but it’s blank. I refreshed and reloaded but the same. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

I’ve kept trying to see it, but it’s blank. I refreshed and reloaded but the same. 

Apparently expired it was this

Pittsburgh Steelers Jack Lambert : News Photo

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Apparently expired it was this

Pittsburgh Steelers Jack Lambert : News Photo

Ah, one of the best! Old school at its finest! 

• Like 1