Auburn vs Clemson Game Thread Auburn 2 - Clemson 5 Final

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough loss... Gotta rebound and hope our bats will wake up

Yep.  Gotta get those bats going.  You have to look back though.  We have had some pitchers throw games of their season in the last few games.  No excuses though.  We have to swing the bat better.  We are not going to win with pitching and defense. 

We are subject to lose almost any game in which we don't score 9-15 runs. This team is fun to watch, without a doubt the best hitting team in Auburn history but we aren't the kind of team that goes very far in tournaments. In tournaments a team sees good pitching and defense every day, not just one good pitcher in a three game series like in regular season.

I'm hoping we can slug our way to Omaha, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I don't understand why you think just because we are in the tournament we are going to lose because of the good defenses or whatever. We play in the freaking SEC. That's a freaking tournament in and of itself. To win the west in the SEC is like winning an unbelievably stacked regional

I don't understand why you think just because we are in the tournament we are going to lose because of the good defenses or whatever. We play in the freaking SEC. That's a freaking tournament in and of itself. To win the west in the SEC is like winning an unbelievably stacked regional

No, it is not. In regular season SEC play you see their best pitcher one time. The rest of the team may or may not be up to par.

In an NCAA tournament you see top pitching and defense every day. That's how most teams get there. We got there with hitting and nothing else.

Even the "gorilla ball" teams of the '90's didn't go far without pitching and good defense.

Archived