Mason or Buie

ARSTIGER

I think two backs are enough.  Of course I'm wanting us to sign two next year, considering the prospects we have coming on.  I'm thinking a feature back and a speed back this year, unless we make Trovon Reed the speed back, then a feature back and an H-back in 2012.  If we are going to take 3, I'd rather Aaron Harris be one, since a JUCO in the 2011 class will probably have no effect on freshmen on the 2012 class.  

When next season begins, we will have the following...

RB - Feature (15/20 carry back, whether mid sized or big)

Dyer - SO

Need 1.  Despite his 3 star rating, Buck Allen has great measurables, but I think he and Crowell are headed to Bama.  But he is my preferred back here.  Or Tre Mason.  The other regulars mentioned here seem too small.

HB

Smith - SR

Kitchens - SO

I think we can wait a year before making a move here.  I thought originally we'd put Coe here.  Maybe Alonzo Harris.

RB - Speed

McCalebb - JR

Need 1.  Trovon Reed may end up filling this role for us, as a hybrid-type player.  Quan Bray is the most likely person here, though someone or some people keep posting on here that he is unimpressive in person.  No Mod has disputed that yet, so I wonder.  Mybe one of the Buie's instead.

Running Backasaurus

Phillips - FR (RS)

This is a rare species, and we'll see how it plays out.  

I was hoping someone would take the time to spell it out like - good work AU Counsel!

I like the sound of taking a Juco back this year which will help fill a shorter term void until we stock up on studs in 2012; we can take 3 from the 2012 class if need be. My picks for this class would be Harris and Buck Allen. I'm not totally enamored with any of the other RB prospects the coaches are looking at. I had pinned my hopes on Blakely committing. And I think it would serve a better purpose to stick with the north-south types rather than the scat-backs/speedsters at this point.

I don't think it is a must to sign 2 or 3 RBs this year. Trey Williams is possibly the best back in the country for 2012, and he is already high on Auburn. There are also some really good backs in the state for 2012.

Despite his 3 star rating, Buck Allen has great measurables, but I think he and Crowell are headed to Bama.  But he is my preferred back here.  Or Tre Mason.

My Bama friends say the Coaches at UAT feel very good about their chances of getting Crowell and if that is the case then they only take 1 back. So it is my understanding Buck is Auburn's to lose...Also Buck is a 4 star on ESPN, a 3 star (athlete) on rivals and scout. His ratings should go up especially in Rivals and Scout because he is coming off an injury in his junior season and is having a very goo senior season.

I think if we can get Allen and/or Mason we for sure sign them. If we miss on one of those studs i like the idea of a juco RB  because of the experience and he obviously has some talent. Its going to be fun to watch how the RB situation turns out for this class.

Running Backasaurus

Phillips - FR (RS)

This is a rare species, and we'll see how it plays out.  

THIS^^^ is funny!  :laugh:

Here is his Rivals page. He is 6'1 205-210. According to Rivals it's a 2 horse race between Auburn and UAT since Florida has not offered. The only video i could find was interviews from last Spring and this Summer. I am sure DJ or someone can find some highlights of him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Javorius-Allen-89422;_ylt=Akk4Qq.IKWFDgIVA_lfk029GPZB4

Archived