word around town is ...this guy is pretty good.

Quietmaninthecorner

can you start recruiting kids in 6th grade?

Sorry if this has been posted.   Someone that knows about Basketball talent tell me what you think.    Buddy of mine went on and on about him.   I trust his opinion, because I don't follow BB recruiting, and he seems to know what he is talking about.... although he has never mentioned someone this young before.  Is the kid the next "it".  or is it all a lot of hype.

Just trying to get a feel for my buddy's eye for talent.  I own him spotting football talent (which I am only decent at.),  but basketball is his game.

Well for starters....he's already 6' tall/140 lbs. and he's only 12-13 years old. He seems very mature for his age both in his physical build/ body style and the way he plays. He already plays like a high school kid. He has a feel for the game that the other kids he's playing with either will never have, or they haven't developed it yet. He's a natural talent. He has amazing ball handling skills and he's very quick. Good on both ends of the floor.

I think your friend is right. This kid is a BB phenomenon, and he's exciting to watch. I'd sure love for him to come to Auburn, but I bet he goes to an established BB powerhouse like NC or Kentucky, or even FL. I could see him staying home too, and going to the Hogs. I hope he has the grades and the good behavior and attitude to make it, because he sure has the talent.

Well for starters....he's already 6' tall/140 lbs. and he's only 12-13 years old. He seems very mature for his age both in his physical build/ body style and the way he plays. He already plays like a high school kid. He has a feel for the game that the other kids he's playing with either will never have, or they haven't developed it yet. He's a natural talent. He has amazing ball handling skills and he's very quick. Good on both ends of the floor.

I think your friend is right. This kid is a BB phenomenon, and he's exciting to watch. I'd sure love for him to come to Auburn, but I bet he goes to an established BB powerhouse like NC or Kentucky, or even FL. I could see him staying home too, and going to the Hogs. I hope he has the grades and the good behavior and attitude to make it, because he sure has the talent.

Easy to see his athleticism,  thanks for the info on his ball skills.

Anyone with a contact at AU feel free to send it on.

He might've had a late birthday too, and started school a year later. Usually really poor students don't get to play sports, so if he did get held back it was in the past. Even most rec leagues require good grades now.

My son had a kid playing on his BB team who was 6' tall at 12 years old, and he was one of the younger 12 year olds on the team. He was their center....and other parents complained about his height. They didn't think he was only 12. We had to prove his DOB again and again. ;D

Archived