Bammer Cops

Just got a call from my girlfriend coming from Huntsville to Auburn for the weekend.  Right before you cross the Tennessee River bridge, the speed limit drops to 45.  She was going with the flow of traffic before the bridge slowing down to 45.  The cop was right past the 45 sign.  She said she wasn't nervous driving by the cop because she was going with the flow of traffic in the right hand lane.  After she passed him, she got pulled over.

On the way to her window she said he tapped her "2010 National Champions" car magent on the back of her 4runner without saying anything.  He went back and wrote her a ticket.  On the way back to his car he also tapped the magnet again.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  Bunch of no good bammer homers.

I live in ATL.  Flew my AU flag weekend of the game and first part of the week.  Wrote War Eagle in the snow in the front yard.  Lived here for years.  Received a homeowners compliance this week for a violation because the 20 ft tall shrubs/trees in the front yard need trimmed.  In January, they haven't grown in 4 months.  Coincidence, or frustrated DAWG/Bama Fan?

Just got a call from my girlfriend coming from Huntsville to Auburn for the weekend.  Right before you cross the Tennessee River bridge, the speed limit drops to 45.  She was going with the flow of traffic before the bridge slowing down to 45.  The cop was right past the 45 sign.  She said she wasn't nervous driving by the cop because she was going with the flow of traffic in the right hand lane.  After she passed him, she got pulled over.

On the way to her window she said he tapped her "2010 National Champions" car magent on the back of her 4runner without saying anything.  He went back and wrote her a ticket.  On the way back to his car he also tapped the magnet again.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  Bunch of no good bammer homers.

Don't they have video on their patrol cars now?  Maybe it picked up that 'little tap' .  I'd go to traffic court over this one and expose the &%^*& for the corrupt cop that he is.  At least don't go down without a fight.

I'm actually surprised that this surprises anyone. Think about it. Many of the bammers are in complete meltdown and I'm sure the cop is no different. They have been skirting the rules for 50 years, why should a bammer cop be any different. They see AU having fun and winning and they are miserable in thier own success. They are lashing out at everything.

I live in ATL.  Flew my AU flag weekend of the game and first part of the week.  Wrote War Eagle in the snow in the front yard.  Lived here for years.  Received a homeowners compliance this week for a violation because the 20 ft tall shrubs/trees in the front yard need trimmed.  In January, they haven't grown in 4 months.  Coincidence, or frustrated DAWG/Bama Fan?

I HATE homeowners associations. You ought to send it back to them and put "Bite Me" on it and then a big War Eagle on it too!

Trim the trees and shrubs into the compliance height.  Then paint the trunks Orange and Blue.  For that matter paint the whole house Orange and Blue and put a big #1 right in the front somewhere. 

Trim the trees and shrubs into the compliance height.  Then paint the trunks Orange and Blue.  For that matter paint the whole house Orange and Blue and put a big #1 right in the front somewhere. 

Then roll the tree and also the trees of the 'Assn. Nazis' as well.

Police officers regularly put their hand on the trunk, top of the vehicle, back of the vehicle...etc so that if the worst happens, the police officers fingerprints are on the vehicle.  You maybe reading a little too much into it.

Send your Home Association Board all an invite to today's celebration!!!

If you are talking about 231 the speed limit leading up to the bridge is 50mph....about 100 feet, or so, before the bridge it changes to 60mph. Sorry but there is no 45mph sign. 

It doesn't really matter. I go across both bridges all the time. Decatur police are equal-opportunity ticket writers. Sometimes they are worse than others. I know all about them, and have paid my share of tickets.  ;)

One by Priceville.  There was also no reason to tap it while he was walking back to his car.  From what was described and the way he acted....definitely a bammer cop.

Agreed. 

LOL @ you guys.......cops touch trunks all the time for purposes listed earlier in the  thread. Your girlfriend broke the law unfortunately so you can't really be that mad about it. Going the flow of traffic is fine, as long as traffic is going the speed limit. Just because traffic is going faster then the speed limit doesn't mean it's legal. I have been pulled over several times for going the flow of traffic....gotten tickets for it before as well....the only person I was mad at was myself because I was the one doing something wrong.

After Phillip Davis, an officer here in Pelham, AL was shot and killed months ago, I believe police officers deserve the utmost respect for the job they do. These men and women go on shift not knowing whether they will make it back to their families. Thanks for what you guys do.

After Phillip Davis, an officer here in Pelham, AL was shot and killed months ago, I believe police officers deserve the utmost respect for the job they do. These men and women go on shift not knowing whether they will make it back to their families. Thanks for what you guys do.

Policemen absolutely deserve respect for the job they do. They put themselves in harm's way in order to put food on the table, and that certainly merits our gratitude. And for the most part, I've never had a problem with cops, even though I've gotten my share of tickets. Rather, it is the system they uphold, and the bureaucrats making the rules of that system, which I have issues with.

However, it should be noted that to a certain degree, some cops do get too big for their britches and go on power trips. I don't know if that was the case here, but from the way the situation was described (which admittedly may or may not be the whole story), it sounds as if this particular cop decided to flex his muscle, so to speak. There's nothing that can be done about it, even if it was an intentional thing due to the Auburn magnet, because as has been stated, she was breaking the law.

The question that always goes through my head in such instances, though, is who exactly are these cops protecting and who exactly are they serving?

I've probably already said too much, because I don't want this to come across as a slander job on policemen. Again, the job they do is a priceless and necessary one, and most of take pride in doing it right. I've not seen AUTrooper in action, but I know for a fact that he's a first rate human being, and this leads me to believe he's a pretty danged good law enforcement officer, as well. These are just observations I've made over the years.

Archived