Who was the JUCO running back?

stryker

A few months ago someone posted some footage on a JUCO RB out of California. (I think) The film was outrageous. I believe his first name was Arron. Anyone know what has happened with him?

yeah,.. JUCO players are usually signed for depth purposes. Some turn out to be stars (Fairley, Newton, Rudi J, etc). We clearly have a need for depth here,.. wonder what happened with this guy?

I like the way you guys are thinking.  I hope our coaches are three steps ahead of us right now.

hope?  This is what they get paid all that money for.  I assure you they are miles ahead of the discussions taking place on this board. 

This is just my opinion, but I don't think the coaches are going to get a RB if the only purpose is to build depth. The last couple of years that was a priority, but I think that this year they have been able to be more selective, and they are only going to get someone they really want. That said, I think a JUCO RB is out of the question. If we miss on Crow, I believe we would take about 4 others before we get low enough on the board to reach a JUCO RB.... unless he were like the number 1 JUCO player or something, which isn't the case here. JMO

Good thinking. I completely forgot about this guy. Anybody know if there was any closure in our recruitment of him? Is he a possibility at all?

According to the rival link:  He has 3 offers at this point:  Cincinnati, Hawaii, and San Diego State.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think the coaches are going to get a RB if the only purpose is to build depth. The last couple of years that was a priority, but I think that this year they have been able to be more selective, and they are only going to get someone they really want. That said, I think a JUCO RB is out of the question. If we miss on Crow, I believe we would take about 4 others before we get low enough on the board to reach a JUCO RB.... unless he were like the number 1 JUCO player or something, which isn't the case here. JMO

really? I would think this would be the EXACT situation to sign a JUCO player for depth purposes. I'm sure the coaches have their reasons if they dropped this kid (and if I remember correctly, it could have been injuries), but IMO it would not be a bad move to sign a solid JUCO RB for depth purposes here....

I like the way you guys are thinking.  I hope our coaches are three steps ahead of us right now.

hope?  This is what they get paid all that money for.  I assure you they are miles ahead of the discussions taking place on this board. 

Definitely, if for no other reason than the fact that they have more info than we do, but also because it's their job to be ahead of what we are and every other coaching staff is thinking.

Don't forget about the TOP RB prospects in the 2012 class like Marshall. We have to leave some doors open for them. We didn't pursue a JUCO RB because we have more to think about than just this next year.

Don't forget about the TOP RB prospects in the 2012 class like Marshall. We have to leave some doors open for them. We didn't pursue a JUCO RB because we have more to think about than just this next year.

I would think the 2012 RBs would rather see us get a JUCO because they know the JUCO wouldn't be on the roster for 4-5 years.

Yeah I think we need to wait it out a year and go for broke in 2012. We will have Callaway, Bray, McCalebb, and Dyer if we need that many immediately. Running backs I believe are the easiest place to transition to at college level. That and D-line.

Archived