Tim Hawthorn

Budapesttiger

While we sit and wait until each prized recruit makes their way to the podium, lets think back a minute. I was in my office checking the comments on an AL.com article for the update on the commitment of Tim Hawthorn. People posted left right and center that he was the next it, the best receiver to ever wear O and B.

The ball didn't bounce his way and he had a difficult time. He never blossomed. God bless him for trying, as he did. But, keep in mind that it may not work out sometimes the way we hope it will.

#5 Mike Dyer - Big headlines and so far, very promising.

#25 Darren Bates - no headlines and so far fantastic.

Raven Grey - never made it onto the playing field - 5*

The class will be great. This and last years class together are among the best ever at Auburn. We will be back to the NCG and probably very soon. But, lets keep it in perspective as we gain or lose a recruit.

On to victory, strike up the band....

War eagle

Joe Walker

Class of March 1993

Hawthorne did more as a player at Auburn than most give him credit for. He's part of why our receiving rotation was so good the last few years. He really helped our players get better.

When he was injured he was practically a second receivers coach. Guys like Darvin Adams and T Zach really benefited from his instruction.

98% of the blame goes to Greg Knox. If I remember right, Mullen hired him to be their RB coach NOT their WR coach.

I'd put all the blame on him.  It should tell people a lot about his coaching acument that some of the best Auburn wideouts were signed undrafted or drafted late by NFL teams and 3 of that group is still playing in the NFL.  They knew the guys were talented but horribly, horribly raw. 

When he was injured he was practically a second receivers coach. Guys like Darvin Adams and T Zach really benefited from his instruction.

Why did he quit us?

He had a degree and Auburn had a good receiving rotation in place.

His committment was the most excited I was since the committing of Anthony Mix.  Unfortunate that they met similar fates. 

I don't get why you're using a goofy picture of CGC on your posts.  yes, it's a silly pic of his days in college.  We all do things we wouldn't want on the cover of a magazine, but really..THIS is how you want him represented? 

His committment was the most excited I was since the committing of Anthony Mix.  Unfortunate that they met similar fates. 

I don't get why you're using a goofy picture of CGC on your posts.  yes, it's a silly pic of his days in college.  We all do things we wouldn't want on the cover of a magazine, but really..THIS is how you want him represented? 

I think the pic is cool.

I'm thinking Coach and his better half would rather that unflattering pic disappear. 

No question. 

I like it and think its funny.  :cool:

Some bama fans I know do too.

Because I like the picture, and my wife was born that exact day.  

I'm thinking Coach and his better half would rather that unflattering pic disappear. 

No question. 

It is called having a sense of humor.

The car accident that Tim was in, that took the life of his a friend, right before his 07 season did not help him.

Tim' North Alabama Stats

Tim was 2nd in receiving (1st had 19 more yards and 2 more TD) with Tim Hawthorne        Rec  33  yards 534  ypc 16.2  TD 3  long 50  avg 41.1

I did not realize until you guys said something that was Coach Chizik. No, it's not flattering but he like the rest of us was young at one time and did silly things. No reason to pretend other wise.

You can't grow to be old and wise unless you were young and stupid.

I am glad to hear Jonsey's remarks about T Hawthorn. I didn't realize he had done so much. My point was only that you never know how productive a certain recruit will be up or down from their reputation.

I do think this and last year's class is full of stars in the making. Not to mention Chizik's first class which had several players making big contributions.

War Eagle

No question. 

It is called having a sense of humor.

So then post unflattering pics of yourself instead...in the name of humor, of course.

So then post unflattering pics of yourself instead...in the name of humor, of course.

Why so sensitive?  If having a picture of yourself in your early 20s holding an attractive young lady is unflattering then I'd be curious to see what is flattering.  Like I said, I like the flower.  It doesn't make me think any less of Coach Chizik.

Please try to refrain from calling people names.

Why so sensitive? If having a picture of yourself in your early 20s holding an attractive young lady is unflattering then I'd be curious to see what is flattering. Like I said, I like the pick. It doesn't make me think any less of Coach Chizik.

The other guy in the picture looks alot like cooper manning. So who is it?

Archived