My question

thewhiz7

If this is a dead period how do coaches communicate with the recruit when situations change. For instance how did the coaches let Roberson know they weren't going to take his commitment? How would they let Whitehead know he has a committable offer? If Collins were to jump aboard how would the coaches get notified and how would LSU be able to communicate with other recruits to give them a commitable offer?

If this is a dead period how do coaches communicate with the recruit when situations change. For instance how did the coaches let Roberson know they weren't going to take his commitment? How would they let Whitehead know he has a committable offer? If Collins were to jump aboard how would the coaches get notified and how would LSU be able to communicate with other recruits to give them a commitable offer?

Sources.  ;)

I'm sure there would be intermediaries of some sort if need be. Recruits coaches, parents maybe. I dunno really. Good question.

There is no face to face contact allowed (no in home or on campus visits). Coaches are allowed to email or talk with any recruit.

This. They figure recruits can turn off or not take phone calls. I always thought it was weird as well, although it makes sense if you think about it, the contact would have to be mutual.

I had understood it to be a dead period. So Saban could have called Cyrus up after his visit with us and said hey come to Bama.

They can communicate via the phone.

Many years ago after the invention of the telephone this new technology was created where people could transmit typed messages through these same lines, and then over the air as well. Something called the internet!

Interesting, I bet the phone lines at Universities are blown up right now. Al Gore invented that internet thing right?  :-\ :-X:laugh:

Interesting, I bet the phone lines at Universities are blown up right now. Al Gore invented that internet thing right?  :-\ :-X:laugh:

He also invented glob...well, we can't discuss politics on here.

In all seriousness, my dad helped invent the internet.  Al Gore is a %$@&&.

Archived