Vanderbilt Pitching Matchups!!!

Friday: RHP Sonny Gray vs. RHP ANDREW MORRIS

Saturday: LHP Grayson garvin vs. TBA

Sunday: RHP Taylor Hill vs. RHP DEREK VARNADORE

Guess who couldn't be more excited to see Morris get the start? THIS GUY  :party: War Eagle! Make 'em proud  :wareagle:

Friday: RHP Sonny Gray vs. RHP ANDREW MORRIS

Saturday: LHP Grayson garvin vs. TBA

Sunday: RHP Taylor Hill vs. RHP DEREK VARNADORE

Guess who couldn't be more excited to see Morris get the start? THIS GUY  :party: War Eagle! Make 'em proud  :wareagle:

I'm glad to see Morris get the start too. Maybe not quite as excited as you, but still.... ;D

Any reason Will Irvin isn't named for Saturday?

Because honestly I'm not so sure it'll be him. I wouldn't be surprised to see John Luke Jacobs get the start. I don't have anything to back this up with, but its just a gut feeling. During the postgame interviews from Tuesday, he was a giddy as a little schoolgirl. Maybe CJP told him he'd be getting the start.

Or maybe I'm completely off base and Coach just hasn't decided between Luckie and Irvin yet

I'd dance for days if Auburn could take 2 out of 3 from Vanderbilt. It all starts with Morris on Friday night. Let's hope he'll deal his best. :thumbsup:

Boy you aren't kidding! A Friday night win would be such a momentum/confidence builder. AU has to bring it all this weekend, and Friday night is crucial.

we can make a huge impact on our season this weekend by winning this series. 

Wow, this is getting ugly in a hurry! Well, at least we are losing to the number one team tonite. Maybe we can do better tomorrow.

Final

Vandy 11

Auburn 6

Tough loss to a good team.  We gotta try and win 1 this weekend, Vandy is sending their weakest pitcher tomorrow, we pitch our best, Varandore on Sunday.  It'll be an accomplishment to win just 1 this weekend.  Vandy is the consensus best team in the country.

Terrible team....period

I REALLY hope you say April Fool's here. Do you know who we played today? Do you know who they pitched today? We went up against the best pitcher in the US today. Guess what his ERA was before the game? 0.34. And we got two runs off it. Vandy is def. the best team in the nation. We only lost by 5 at the end, and we had opportunities to keep it closer, but just couldn't convert. That's the difference between a good team and a great team. Depending on who we pitch tomorrow, we've got a shot at winning the series. Varnadore always gives us a chance to win, and if Irvin/Luckie/Jacobs gives us a good outing, we could do it. Today wasn't fun but don't put too much into it

Archived