2015 3* JUCO DL/TE Ricky Parks (Southern Miss signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump....Amy

Don't bump Amy!  What did she ever do to you?  :tease:

Does anyone know what the Big News is on Ricky Parks???

BM put something up on 24/7

This was probably from 4 or 5 days ago when Parks announced that AU has the lead ahead of ua and uga, and that he would probably be announcing his decision any day now!  ;)

:we:

I'm here, guys -- the big news is that Auburn leads big. Also, reading between the lines, it's pretty obvious that Bryan expects Parks to commit pretty soon. With Meredith committing, he basically said that the coaches wouldn't take any other commit than Parks for the TE spot.

I'm here, guys -- the big news is that Auburn leads big. Also, reading between the lines, it's pretty obvious that Bryan expects Parks to commit pretty soon. With Meredith committing, he basically said that the coaches wouldn't take any other commit than Parks for the TE spot.

Wow, that is big time!  We're stacking some SERIOUS talent at the TE position.

No need to freak out folks, but apparently Parks is going to stick to his original plan, "cross all his T's and dot his I's", and visit his other two finalists one more time before making his decision. He plans to visit ua on either Tues. or Wed. of next week and then head to uga shortly after that, before returning to AUBURN to compete in the Tigers' 7-on-7 team camp on June 9-10. Parks had already planned to stay over after that camp and spend more time visiting with the AU coaches!  ;)

No need to freak out folks, but apparently Parks is going to stick to his original plan, "cross all his T's and dot his I's", and visit his other two finalists one more time before making his decision. He plans to visit ua on either Tues. or Wed. of next week and then head to uga shortly after that, before returning to AUBURN to compete in the Tigers' 7-on-7 team camp on June 9-10. Parks had already planned to stay over after that camp and spend more time visiting with the AU coaches!  ;)

So we are looking at a mid June commit?  ;)

Just saw that BCW attendee Justin Meredith has committed to UNC. Can't hurt our chances w/ Parks.

Meredith was indeed a Big Cat attendee, but several sites say he didn't have a committable offer from Auburn. People are saying that with Hutchison already in the fold, Parks is the only other TE that we will take at this time. That may be why Meredith took UNC's offer.

So we are looking at a mid June commit?  ;)

To 1 of the 3 schools that I mentioned... YES!  :) Also, if it makes a difference... to my knowledge, Parks hasn't been back to ua since he visited for their Jr. Day back in late Jan. (after which he named them his leader), so this will make just his 2nd trip there for the year... and I BELIEVE that he has only visited uga a couple of times in the past TWO years! So,  to me, the fact that he has visited AU THREE TIMES in the past month alone (once just to bring his father back to show him what he had seen), coupled with the fact that AU is only an hour away from his home, and that Parks is already VERY close to several of the AU coaches, players, and current commits (he's REALLY good friends with Josh Holsey, Geno Smith, and Jaquay Williams, and he's known Quan Bray "since the 7th grade") puts us in PRIME position!

Archived