2015 3* JUCO DL/TE Ricky Parks (Southern Miss signee)

RunInRed

4_43753.jpg

Ricky Parks, TE

Hogansville, GA

6'4 / 230

Offers:

Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Mississippi State, South Carolina, USC and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports 4* (the247 -- 66)

Rivals 4* (Rivals100 -- 92)

Scout 4* (Top 250 -- 88)

What an athlete Parks is. He spent his junior season at QB because of his athleticism, but he will move back to tight end on the next level. He will be a threat to get down the field and he is also a guy that could flex out. He has the size and speed to create mismatches. He will need to work on his blocking, getting off jams, and route running when he settles back in at tight end. He has a very high ceiling. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4687015

Highlights:

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would LOVE to get a kid like this...that kind of size allows for more versatility between TE/HB/FB.

Hope this kid comes to the good guys

Brought dad this trip (dad is a UGA fan, but said his son is free to go where ever he feels best), but sounds like Auburn did a good job of answering all questions and gave Parks a lot to think about.

Also, it looks like AU brought in the services of Quan Bray to talk to Parks during this visit. They have played a lot of football together and is also from Hogansville.

Said he was planning on coming back for Big Cat, maybe that is where we can separate ourselves from Bama and UGA

I called this three days ago in this THREAD.

:party:

+2 AE points for you. :bow:

Thanks feels good to be acknowledged.  Ty! Ty! ill be here all week.   :happydance:

748 more and you get a key chain. :hellyeah:

Very nice. Loving this string of TEs we've got going (even if we don't land this kid, obviously the interest is there). I think Lutz proved last year that this offense can and will feature the TE/H-Back prominently.

He also points out that Auburn is by far the closest to his home which would allow his parents to more easily come to the games and visit him otherwise.

A lot of very good vibes for the Parks and the good guys!

I love these hybrid type players, gives us so many options with what we already have. wow, this program has turned around fast.

BUMP

Colud be he is the third guy??

I said the other day that I thought that Ricky would be our next addition, and while I STILL think that he ends up committing to AU (maybe even next week), I'm backing off of that he will be "next".

So who DO I think will be our next commitment???  :dunno:;)

THIS GUY!!!

:we:

BUMP

I said the other day that I thought that Ricky would be our next addition, and while I STILL think that he ends up committing to AU (maybe even next week), I'm backing off of that he will be "next".

THIS GUY!!!

MAN!! I hope you're right! That guy would be huge!

BUMP

THIS GUY!!!

I guess grimes western connections are still paying off.  DJ how many tackles do you think we take this year?

BUMP

THIS GUY!!!

With Jaquay coming on Tuesday? And possibly Parks?

We must be some butter....cause we're on a roll!!!!!

It would be an interesting pick-up.  Thus far, Callahan is not rated on most of the recruiting services, probably due to a lack of camp exposure.  We are in the mix for so many prospects, it is hard to get a feel for how this class will shape up.  We are set at QB, and we seem poised to sign at least 5 or 6 offensive skill players at 4 stars or better.  I look for an even distribution of highly rated players across all positions, and I probably am most curious about how we end up at defensive tackle, which is where I see our single biggest need.

It would be an interesting pick-up.  Thus far, Callahan is not rated on most of the recruiting services, probably due to a lack of camp exposure.  We are in the mix for so many prospects, it is hard to get a feel for how this class will shape up.  We are set at QB, and we seem poised to sign at least 5 or 6 offensive skill players at 4 stars or better.  I look for an even distribution of highly rated players across all positions, and I probably am most curious about how we end up at defensive tackle, which is where I see our single biggest need.

regarding him not being rated yet:

DJ made that write up before rivals released their rankings. he's now a 4* OT. He's a 3* on 247.. given a grade of 89. not real familiar with the way they do things, but yeah thats where he's at now.  Don't believe ESPN has released their stuff yet.. just a watch list

Archived