2015 3* JUCO DL/TE Ricky Parks (Southern Miss signee)

RunInRed

Parks will be back in AU this weekend for BCW III. Here's a nice write-up about him...

Versatility defines Ricky Parks

Coaches, scouts come unglued when singing praises of 'Sticky Ricky'

By Jamie Newberg

ESPN Recruiting

recruit_parksr_200.jpg

...Ricky Parks, 6-feet-4 and 230 pounds, is an ESPNU Watch List member at tight end and is one of the most athletic recruits in the country. He started at quarterback last season.

"That was a lot of fun," Parks said. "I like everything about playing quarterback. If I could play that in college I would. That's up to the coaches. I know I could at least do some Wildcat things. I have a good arm and can see the field well. I can also get out of trouble and extend a play."

Parks passed for 1,053 yards and eight touchdowns and rushed for 675 yards and 12 TDs. Still, he's best served playing tight end, where he's a dynamic threat wherever you line him up.

"First off, Ricky has great character," Callaway head coach Pete Wiggins said. "He's humble and has a plan to be successful. He works hard each and every day in the classroom, the weight room and on the field. As a player, he's physical, has great size and can really run. He's also versatile and runs good routes.

"He catches everything and that's why we have called him 'Sticky' since he got here. He's a guy that can play H-back, flex out, or line up next to the tackle. Ricky can block. He can do it all."

Parks concurs.

"I think I can fit in just about anywhere," Parks said. "I can be a flex guy or H-back. I can line up next to the offensive tackle and block. I think I can do it all at the position. I have that kind of versatility."

Parks has some serious upside. ESPN's director of recruiting Tom Luginbill calls him one of the most versatile and intriguing prospects in the 2012 class.

"There is no questioning Parks' ability level," Luginbill said. "The only question is where to play him and that is a good problem to have. Wide receiver, safety, outside linebacker or even tight end are the positions he can play. His blend of skill and ideal measurables make for a coveted prospect at the BCS level."

While his physical attributes are as good as they come Parks brings something else big to the table and that's leadership.

"Ricky is like having another coach on the field," Wiggins said. "When you have a player like him, that demands so much from his teammates in regards to work ethic and getting the best out of everyone, that means so much to a football team. That's what he brings to this team and this school. He has so much leadership and character."

Now the big question is who lands Sticky Ricky? Parks has it narrowed to three schools -- Georgia, Alabama and Auburn. For him, they are all on equal footing. He knows the coaches, knows the schemes and has visited all three campuses.

"All three are dead even," Parks said. "I have been to all three schools multiple times and I can't separate them. I have had a great time at all three places and I love all those coaches. I feel comfortable at Georgia, Auburn and Alabama. I would love to commit before the summer ends but if I need to extend the process to figure it out I will."

Unricky Parks, Ricky's father, says one team has to emerge.

"We are hoping to come up with a decision before the season," his father said. "That would put his mind at ease. But this is hard. We are going to see all three places again this summer. They are all even and we are looking for one team to have that edge."

Parks has some factors in mind that ultimately will help him decide.

"Playing time is important so I am looking at the depth charts," Parks said. "The coaching staff is important as well as the overall atmosphere and environment. I feel like I can adapt well to all three, but I have to pick one in the end."

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6599360

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to SEVERAL sources....

Following his brief visit to BCWIII, which he described as AUsome, Parks now says that AUBURN is in the lead for him, and he says that he plans to announce in the next few days!!!!!

:we: :we: :we:

WDE. Come on down Mr. Parks.

Get you some.

Parks could play H back, TE, WR, Wildcat qb, or LB IMO, that guy is super versatile

He would be an amazing pickup

Any one else notice the lanyards the prospects were wearing? Nice touch...

1098849.jpg

AuburnSports.com photo

Parks will be back in AU this weekend for BCW III. Here's a nice write-up about him...

...Unricky Parks, Ricky's father, says one team has to emerge....

Seriously? Ricky's dad is named Unricky?

JaQuay Williams, Shane Callahan, and Ricky Parks all within a few days? Sweet.

Plus I'd guess ONE MORE, as well!  ;)

:we:

So are you just gonna leave us hanging like that this time or are you gonna give us your best guess like you did with Callahan.

Dang if we get another which would be 5 4 star commits within a week I'll have to stop following recruiting nothing realistically can top that

So basically, 4 out of our current 6 commits are 4*s... With Flint having the offer list of a 4* and Hutchinson having the ability of a 4*... and we're about to add at least 3 more 4*s...

Well dang. Starting off with a bang for sure! War Eagle!

Could Parks eventually be moved to WR? I'm not saying he should but his stats are 6'3 230 and could be a physical guy for us.

Javy Mitchell?

Thats who i was thinking

...Unricky Parks, Ricky's father, says one team has to emerge....

Seriously? Ricky's dad is named Unricky?

LOL, no but his father is a policeman.

EDIT - Yes, his father's name is Unricky Parks.

Archived