Darius Philon

DJ_Hatch

I updated my first post to include his profile and some more info! Go back and check it out or CLICK HERE!  :)

I've been meaning to tell you guys about this guy for about a week now! Ever since he visited last week. I got the feeling that the AU coaches were serious about him, and when Philon said that he grew up a fan of AU, had been waiting on the AU offer, and now just needed to go home and talk it over with his family... I figured that he would commit, and that we would accept it! As you can see by his film, there's VERY good reason! He BURST onto the scene last year and had RIDICULOUS stats in his first 4-5 games, and then everyone started double and triple teaming him! So his numbers, although AUsome for a DE, could be A LOT better! This is another situation (like it's already been said with Hutcherson), that gives us a BETTER understanding of how the AU coaches actually DO evaluate talent on their own, and they do NOT just go by "stars or rankings" from some website! Philon COULD be a "5* talent".... who knows?? I'm VERY excited to have him though!  :thumbsup:

:we:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching his film I am excited about this kid. Has great vision and nose for the ball. His speed looks very good into the backfield and running the play down. Welcome Darius WDE I trust our coaches they have earned it.

DJHatch: Where did you see that LSU and Tennessee had offered him?

They haven't... I edited it. Meant to put them in with the others who were TOO SLOW to offer him like the turds!  :tease:

BTW, I also wanted to mention that Philon's teammate and fellow DE at Vigor is ANOTHER big-time "sleeper", who has also been receiving TONS of attention! His name is JaMichael Winston, he is 6-foot-6, 240, and he is also VERY talented! He visited AU this w/e for BCW3, and left without an offer, but the AU coaches ARE still evaluating him, and an offer COULD come in the near future!

:we:

The guy does have a great motor but what I like is his ability to locate the ball carrier while being blocked and make plays. This guy will not stay a 3* im anxious to see how he does against more talented tackles in some camps. He's to quick for the guys in the video he exposes their poor footwork with his quickness.

I love the focus on instate talent early this year. One of the big things I think that's gonna start hurting the turds is the way they keep trying to go more nationwide than in state. Don't get me wrong I wanna bring in the elite talent from everywhere in the country but having kids that understand the environment and what it means to play for Auburn is huge. Also glad to see us making some inroads into Mobile. This week is looking to be a very active recruiting week!

Tiger paw, I agree with you. Not only does this guy have a love to play, never quit attitude, but I also like the fact we got him out of Mobile, showing WEE-man he cannot come in and cherry pick what he wants from the area.

That's a big ol' boy, with a good nose for the ball.  Also looks like he loves to hit.  Great addition. :wedance:

While I love all of the 4* and 5* players that are on our 'wish list', I still LOVE the underdog story of a 2* or 3* player who comes in and kicks azz!!!!  Daren Bates and Ladarius Phillips from previous recruiting classes and Sammy Coates will turn a lot of heads this fall!

Archived