Darius Philon

DJ_Hatch

I feel good about Darius keeping his commitment, but Beniqueze Brown and the kid from Thomasville both grew up Auburn fans.  I would love to know what he is telling these kids

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of outside stuff goes on in recruiting.......It's tough for these kids.

I was watching the Auburnsports video with Gabe Wright and he talked about NSD. Said he sat down at the table and only a Tennessee LOI was there and he had to ask his coach for the Auburn LOI. Wright had to fight off his family and others to make it to Auburn. Good for him.

I was watching the Auburnsports video with Gabe Wright and he talked about NSD. Said he sat down at the table and only a Tennessee LOI was there and he had to ask his coach for the Auburn LOI. Wright had to fight off his family and others to make it to Auburn. Good for him.

That is pretty bad since his coach is a former AU player.

That is not a reflection on the coach. More of one on his family's wants.

I don't think coach Mcgee (think that's his name) pulled him either way.

Anyway, I linked the free content video below.......Pretty good stuff.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Signee-Sitdown-Part-Four-1095802;_ylt=AhQnSDD_uH6au8fgHdsEaNsh7qB4

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Signee-Sitdown-Part-Four-1095802;_ylt=AhQnSDD_uH6au8fgHdsEaNsh7qB4

It's Dell McGee. He played DB in the early to mid-nineties. Had one of the interceptions returned for a touchdown in the "Interception Game" against LSU in 94.

My point was that since his coach was sure to have known that he liked AU he would have made sure the AU papers were on the table.

Good for Gabe Wright. War Eagle!!! I respect someone that can make a decision for himself and not do something that would make other people happy. It's his life and he made the choice for what he could live with and be happy.

:we:

Ya'll should definitely scroll down from that link and watch the rest of the videos if you can.  These are great kids.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw a tweet from rivals saying they had an update posted along with an update on his commitment status.  Please share with the class if someone has access to the story.  TIA

The story posted on him today just says he was sick this weekend and didn't participate in the camp.  It'd kinda vague saying that he says his commitment to the good guys is still solid, but the article hints that he is hesitant to call his recruitment finalized.  Philon says he isn't looking around right now and just wants to focus on his senior season. 

Just saw a tweet from rivals saying they had an update posted along with an update on his commitment status.  Please share with the class if someone has access to the story.  TIA

He says he is not worrying about recruiting until after his senior season.  When the coaches asked him about his commitment, he basicially said he was still committed.  He also said he was sick the whole time at camp and took it easy.  The only coaches he talked were Luper and CGC.

To me, he sounds like he's still not 100% sure about everything and will re-evaluate his recruitment after his senior season.  I guess we'll know more after the fall.  

If any of these scenarios were to happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see FSU try to pick-up Darius. Just in case they miss on Eddie Goldman.

If im reading this right i think Darius is waiting to see where guys like Shanks and Nero fall in order to know what he wants to do.

^^ This would be my take on the info passed around thus far also. :we:

McGee didn't have an int td in 94 LSU game. Just an fyi

True but how does that pertain to Philon?

I hope we keep Philon, but if he decides Auburn is not the right place for him, then good luck. We will bring in another quality player that will help us win in the future.

because in this thread it says he did

Oh, You did not quote that post so I did not know. My bad.

Are we trying to set a record for most replies to a post that have nothing to do with the title of the post?? Just asking because this one is getting old and their is hardly anything relevent in it (including my comment)...

If im reading this right i think Darius is waiting to see where guys like Shanks and Nero fall in order to know what he wants to do.

JS and TN should not effect his commitment. 

How do you figure that?  I believe every committment can/may affect future commits and current commits both positively and negatively.  Sure, if the kid is a stud (Clowney) then it really doesn't matter who's already there or committed as these kids believe they can beat out anyone.  I'm not so sure Philon falls into that category.  I certainly hope he honors his current committment because he could be very good.

How do you figure that?  I believe every committment can/may affect future commits and current commits both positively and negatively.  Sure, if the kid is a stud (Clowney) then it really doesn't matter who's already there or committed as these kids believe they can beat out anyone.  I'm not so sure Philon falls into that category.  I certainly hope he honors his current committment because he could be very good.

Well you have the right idea but I think getting any 2 DTs with Goldman being one of them would have more of an impact on a player flipping that Shanks and Nero.

Archived