Darius Philon

DJ_Hatch

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how he couldnt see this coming. Actually, he probably did -- which is worse. The kids are so enamored by Senor Weeman that they stay around knowing whats coming down the pipe. It would be one thing to say "we aren't offering you, but if we can we will." Its totally another to say "now that we have offered someone better we are taking yours away." There simply needs to be a stiffer rule and/or penalty for this action. Loyalty shouldn't be expected at random. It should be expected on both ends ALL the time, with a major emphasis on HONESTY. Don't be afraid to hurt someone's feelings, be it a coach or a recruit. Just take care of business without being shady and disrespectful.

Come on people...these are 18 year old kids who dream of the NFL....snakes like Saban can twist them around and make them believe anything.  Yeah, I'm sure Saban prepared him for this like he did the kid in Atlanta...start talking about possible greyshirt...but at the same time trying to keep him loyal to Bama (what a joke) probably telling him that something will work out...just be patient.  Can't you hear  :devil: spilling the crap as that dumb star-struck kid listens to him? 

I feel terrible for this kid...mostly because the adults in his life should have known better and protected him.  This should be "must see TV" for any kid considering Bama in the future.  Now he is going to a school he apparently has never visited. 

It's sickening to me to see the bammers on al.com trying to defend the practice while a kid on what should have been the most exciting day of his life is trying not to cry in front of his entire school.  Even on this site, people are blaming the kid...that's like blaming the clerk at a gas station who has been robbed because he / she should have seen it coming.  >:(

Even though he burnt us and our coaches pretty bad I feel for this kid. He was committed to a school for 7 months and didn't take any visits. He was more or less forced to sign with a school that he's never even visited which he may hate. This could end up derailing what could've been a prosperous career. I think it's pretty sorry what happened to him and Taylor especially. What's even more troubling is how his HS coach is somewhat dismissive of what transpired. Oh well, he made his bed when he decommitted from AU now he must lie in it.

Hard to feel sorry for kids that get suckered by Lil Nicky because he has such a consistent track record of screwing players to benefit his own cause.

He is the Oversigning King.

"On a number of occasions, (Alabama) stated how much they don't want to lose him. They got put in a bind. I can see where it could happen, especially with this being the first year of the SEC putting in a stipulation like this."

So, the high school coach at Vigor thinks saban can't count to 25? What an idiot. These rules have been in place for while now. Everybody knows them, they are not that complicated. Saban knew exactly how many he could take under the rules (not even considering he doesn't have the room under the 85 cap at all) and he knew he would be yanking the rug out from under some players. The Vigor high school coach seems like he doesn't care that saban does this though. It  is probably all about how many games bama wins and that is all he really thinks about.

LOT of blame goes on the Vigor HS coach as well as the player IMO.

"On a number of occasions, (Alabama) stated how much they don't want to lose him. They got put in a bind. I can see where it could happen, especially with this being the first year of the SEC putting in a stipulation like this."

So, the high school coach at Vigor thinks saban can't count to 25? What an idiot. These rules have been in place for while now. Everybody knows them, they are not that complicated. Saban knew exactly how many he could take under the rules (not even considering he doesn't have the room under the 85 cap at all) and he knew he would be yanking the rug out from under some players. The Vigor high school coach seems like he doesn't care that saban does this though. It  is probably all about how many games bama wins and that is all he really thinks about.

Its not uat's fault, Its the SEC's fault is basically what Kerry Stevenson is saying. Kerry won't even back his own player up if its going to hurt his relationship with uat. Sad and pathetic.

I think whenever blame is dished out on this kind of thing, the school president should also be mentioned.  Saban answers to him and he should demand ethical and moral behavior in how HIS UNIVERSITY deals with recruits.

I finally watched the video, man I feel bad for the kid.  You can tell the kid really wanted to be at UAT.  He's from a poor area outside Mobile and saw this as a chance to attach himself to something successful and be considered a "winner" and that "he made it".  At the last second, this was ripped out of his hand by Saban.  I can't imagine the disappointment.  I hope our coaches would not do something like this to a kid, but if they did, I would lose a ton of respect for them.  Doesn't matter who you pull for, wrong is wrong.  

I think whenever blame is dished out on this kind of thing, the school president should also be mentioned.  Saban answers to him and he should demand ethical and moral behavior in how HIS UNIVERSITY deals with recruits.

Its all about winning in football over there. The uat president could care less as long as nick continues to win.

You're not going to find much in the way of outrage from the UAT fanbase. They equate a kid getting his scholarship pulled to a pro player being cut. That is their pro team and the source of their love for UAT. The source of for our university goes deeper than the football team.

:wareagle:

Its all about winning in football over there. The uat president could care less as long as nick continues to win.

I understand that and my point is the university president should have his name drug through the mud because he enables this.  Hopefully that will encourage him to grow a pair and act like the president of a proud university instead of a pawn to an immoral and unethical football coach.  The SEC commish is trying to get rules enacted to minimize some of what is going on there, but he can't read Saban the riot act and fire him if necessary.

You're not going to find much in the way of outrage from the UAT fanbase. They equate a kid getting his scholarship pulled to a pro player being cut. That is their pro team and the source of their love for UAT. The source of for our university goes deeper than the football team.

Even worse... they are all blaming it on the SEC, when the truth is, without the rule it would have been worse for the kid because he would have signed and then gotten kicked to the curb in the summer, when he wouldn't be able to sign elsewhere.

I say, score 1 for the new SEC rule protecting kids from unethical coaches.

Even worse... they are all blaming it on the SEC, when the truth is, without the rule it would have been worse for the kid because he would have signed and then gotten kicked to the curb in the summer, when he wouldn't be able to sign elsewhere.

I say, score 1 for the new SEC rule protecting kids from unethical coaches.

That is a very good point. If not for the new SEC rule, the kid would likely have signed with bama, gone through spring practice, then been cut in July and had to sit out a full year.

Archived