Darius Philon

DJ_Hatch

FYI, Bama offered Darius Philon at camp today.

could be a tooth and nail fight but they would run out of teeth before it even got started :thumbsup:

You mean run out of tooth, don't you?

No. Collectively they have about three teeth for every four bammers...

Your right red.  I gave to much credit or teeth. Lol

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could be a tooth and nail fight but they would run out of teeth before it even got started :thumbsup:

Aren't you being a little generous to the crimson nekkers, my friend?

We are generous cause God gave us love.  Sometimes I pray for there lonely lost teeth!!! :rolleyes:

Probably, but if you include the aluminum foil they shove in their mouths, it evens out. :laugh:

By all accounts, Philon absolutely dominated Bama's camp. No one could block him.

Not surprised by that at all.  This guy is way underrated as I posted before!

It's funny how $aban never offers a player until after they give their commitment to Auburn. First Darrion Hutcherson and now Darius Philon. Who's next on his hit list.

It's funny how $aban never offers a player until after they give their commitment to Auburn. First Darrion Hutcherson and now Darius Philon. Who's next on his hit list.

Our next commit....  :dunno:

Doesn't really matter to me.  You can either be a part of the Auburn family or you we wish you the best and God bless.  The Mike Blakely situation alone proves the values our coaching staff live everyday. 

Not trying to be negative but Darius stated he's still committed but he is very interested in bama.  The article seems to be slanted towards pro bama but that's jmo.

Per scout writer Andrew Bone: 

I am still committed to Auburn right now, but I do have interest in Alabama now," Philon explained. "The Auburn coaches were shocked I went up there, but that doesn't really matter to me. I plan on going back to Alabama this fall. I also plan on taking an official visit there."

Not trying to be negative but Darius stated he's still committed but he is very interested in bama.  The article seems to be slanted towards pro bama but that's jmo.

Per scout writer Andrew Bone: 

I am still committed to Auburn right now, but I do have interest in Alabama now," Philon explained. "The Auburn coaches were shocked I went up there, but that doesn't really matter to me. I plan on going back to Alabama this fall. I also plan on taking an official visit there."

Some kids are gonna stay interested in other teams even when they commit early. It's just apart of the recruiting game and I see nothing to worry about here.

^^^^ This. It was written by a pro-bambam writer for pro-bambam's. They want to hear what they want to hear, so he tells them exactly that. Philon might have even been taken out of context, or just telling an interviewer what he wanted to hear...I see no news here, but a young kid taking advantage of the huge opportunities he has been given. He will be an Auburn man come signing day...to the bank I go.

Daius' uncle, Roosevelt Patterson, played at the other school, Roosevelt is pushing him to the other side.

Daius' uncle, Roosevelt Patterson, played at the other school, Roosevelt is pushing him to the other side.

Does not mean he will go so just relax.

Probably, but if you include the aluminum foil they shove in their mouths, it evens out. :laugh:

People, let's be polite.  I refer to them as dentally challenged Bammers (though that is sort of redundant...)

Per JHokanson on Twitter a few minutes ago: "Have an update on Vigor (Ala.) DL Darius Philon up soon. Been some talk about him wavering in commitment to Auburn, some interesting quotes."

If he is a life long tiger fan and always wanted to play for AU then why should he be wavering now? I would like to really know what  :devil: is selling to these kids. They need to wake up and realize they can play at AU and will probably get no playing time at  :zapbama:  :zapbama:. jmho

:beatmullet: :beatmullet: :beatmullet::zapbama: :zapbama:

I think we are nearing the point where if you aren't good enough to play at Bama, you aren't good enough to play at Auburn.

Where a playing time argument can be made is that Auburn maximizes the number of snaps per game, while Saban seeks to minimize the number of snaps.  Fewer snaps equals fewer plays for back-ups.  Auburn will play it's two deep, while Bama will try to stick with it's starters.  Probably the most powerful recruiting tool we have against them.

Just posted the update.. can anybody summarize?

He pretty much dodges the 100pct AU! Never would say if hes ALL IN! Says hes concentrating on high school. Not a whole lot of info.

Archived