Darius Philon

DJ_Hatch

Yep, nothing ground breaking. Focusing on becoming a better player, not recruiting. His coach says he told him when he committed that his word is his word and it's important to him(coach) that he keep it.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not worried........Auburn is at the point where we can replace him without problem. This staff will also make sure they don't get burned in the future. Those who start to waver will be released like Roberson was last year.

You only get recruited once and Darius is finally getting some big-time attention...Why not soak it in?

It's commonly refered to as 'meth mouth.'

Not worried........Auburn is at the point where we can replace him without problem. This staff will also make sure they don't get burned in the future. Those who start to waver will be released like Roberson was last year.

We are not the evil Dictator in T-town. Our coaches let players look if they want because the coaches know the players will not find a better place anywhere. Shon Coleman is a perfect example. Committed to AU, then took all his visits, and still signed with the good guys.

Where a playing time argument can be made is that Auburn maximizes the number of snaps per game, while Saban seeks to minimize the number of snaps.  Fewer snaps equals fewer plays for back-ups.  Auburn will play it's two deep, while Bama will try to stick with it's starters.  Probably the most powerful recruiting tool we have against them.

Good point, Saban runs a Big 10 style old-school offense we run a cutting-edge SEC speed offense.

When you snap the ball more often, you are committed to playing more guys.  A recruit only needs to crack the 2-deep at AU to see playing time.  You have to be a starter on Saban's team or you'll just be modelling your jersey on Saturdays.

Where a playing time argument can be made is that Auburn maximizes the number of snaps per game, while Saban seeks to minimize the number of snaps.  Fewer snaps equals fewer plays for back-ups.  Auburn will play it's two deep, while Bama will try to stick with it's starters.  Probably the most powerful recruiting tool we have against them.

Good point, Saban runs a Big 10 style old-school offense we run a cutting-edge SEC speed offense.

More like cutting-edge, never seen before offense.

If any you are very worried about recruiting now, I'm going to hate to see you in January.  It's earllllyyyy and things change all the time  You just have to sit back, enjoy the ride and get THEN get super frustrated/anxious a day or two before signing day.  We've got great recruiters and will have a top 5/10 class this year regardless of bumps in the road and anxiety doesn't help it! haha

When you snap the ball more often, you are committed to playing more guys.  A recruit only needs to crack the 2-deep at AU to see playing time.  You have to be a starter on Saban's team or you'll just be modelling your jersey on Saturdays.

Since Philon is a defensive lineman, I don't think the type offense AU runs will have anything to do with his decision.

Since Philon is a defensive lineman, I don't think the type offense AU runs will have anything to do with his decision.

Not true.  If Auburn speeds the game up on offense then they will generate more possessions per game, which necessarily means more possessions for the other team.  This is why defensive stats suffer when you adopt a hurry up offense.  It also mean more guys on defense have to be ready to play.

To make the point further, the reason Saban wants to slow the game down when he has the ball is so he can minimize snaps for his defense.  Fewer possessions means his defense is more rested and he doesn't have to dip into his back-ups as often.

Not true.  If Auburn speeds the game up on offense then they will generate more possessions per game, which necessarily means more possessions for the other team.  This is why defensive stats suffer when you adopt a hurry up offense.  It also mean more guys on defense have to be ready to play.

To make the point further, the reason Saban wants to slow the game down when he has the ball is so he can minimize snaps for his defense.  Fewer possessions means his defense is more rested and he doesn't have to dip into his back-ups as often.

Outsider is 100% correct.

20% of the time.

How about the fact that you get more chances to make tackles, sacks, fumble recoveries, etc with more snaps on defense.  Seems to me you want more chances as a defensive player, just like an offensive player.

We are not the evil Dictator in T-town. Our coaches let players look if they want because the coaches know the players will not find a better place anywhere. Shon Coleman is a perfect example. Committed to AU, then took all his visits, and still signed with the good guys.

I don't think you understand what I was saying. I wasn't talking about taking visits. My comments were in regards to Roberson and Howard type situations.

I don't think you understand what I was saying. I wasn't talking about taking visits. My comments were in regards to Roberson and Howard type situations.

I think there was a lot more to Roberson that it being that simple.

I think a lot of the above stated is the reason why we made the comeback. They became complacent and wanted to sit on the ball. We kicked it into a new gear on O and forced them to use more reserves. And I'm almost willing to guarantee you, had we had more depth in '09 bama would not have won that title. Our boys just flat ran out of juice. Watch  :devil: use a few more reserves throughout this season to counter/prepare for our up-tempo style.

Amdrew Bone wrote several articles last year saying stuff like Erique Florence had left  his HS team or been kicked off by his HS coach he is a bama tool and as far as I am concerned you can't believe a word he writes

knee high was caught off guard about how good Duke is.  This one will depend on our coaches.  DP is getting some attention now.  It must be hard to a only 3 star recruit(who doesn't know he is a 5 star) to start getting attention.  Let's hope he is a man of his word! 

knee high was caught off guard about how good Duke is.  This one will depend on our coaches.  DP is getting some attention now.  It must be hard to a only 3 star recruit(who doesn't know he is a 5 star) to start getting attention.  Let's hope he is a man of his word! 

REALLY?  He's an 18yo kid and if he jumped the gun by committing to AU and end up going somewhere else then so be it.  This has nothing to do w/ him keeping or breaking his word.  At the time he gave his word, he an under the radar recruit and jumped at the offer from AU which I would have done also.  Now that he's receiving a lot more attention, he may want to reconsider his options. 

Everyone on here says the Gus bus is leaving and ya better jump on soon or get left behind.  So maybe he jumped on knowing this and the fact our coaches allow visits to other schools.  If he does go elsewhere maybe he jumped too soon and thought his options were limited.  This doesn't mean he broke his word but rather opportunities presented themselves which he didn't believe would be there when he committed to AU.

After Philon committed to Auburn, the Crimson Mafia went into gear--money and intimidation. Just look what happened with Brent C. and Cyrus K.

After Philon committed to Auburn, the Crimson Mafia went into gear--money and intimidation. Just look what happened with Brent C. and Cyrus K.

128940136795736082.jpg

Archived