My Opinion - The Tide is getting ready to turn (so to speak)

Tiger n Miami AU83

I am beginning to believe a tipping point of critical mass is approaching. The national media has bought all the crap the desperate, delusional, and frankly pitiful Updyke Nation (UN) has served them for months and months. The UN has sent over a hundred thousand desperate delusional emails to the NCAA infractions/enforcement divisions sending them on wild goose chases and wasting resources. They have bombarded every media outlet with the same. They have filled message boards with hundreds of thousands of posts (probably a million by now) with no substance obssessing over AU. They have shown their *ss to the whole world and shown exactly how obssessed desperate and pitiful they truly are. As we know, their self-worth is derived in large part from a football team of a university most will never attend and their fragile egos are in tatters after the past season.

The result? Nothing. A tremendous waste of everyone's time and a level of hypocrisy that is almost beyond comprehension when one considers they have been on almost constant probation for decades as a "serial repeat violator" that has commited "some of the worst infractions in NCAA history" RECENTLY.

I honestly think the media tide will begin to turn on them and some honest reporting will start to occur regarding Auburn. Not from the hacks that are too personally heavily invested (Thamel, Schad - who ESPN has muzzled apparently, Evans and so forth), but from others who are willing to be honest and objective in their reporting. As well as have the courage to stand up to the misguided current public opinion the hack journalists and UN have fostered.

We will see, but this is what I believe will start to happen in the coming months.

If the widely speculated Yahoo 10 article turns out to be about the turds then This will all die. They will be far too busy covering their own backside.

Oh sure, the fans will cry bloody murder of the injustice but all attention will be on their shadiness.

If that Yahoo story is about bammer and they are sent a letter from the NCAA, there will be rioting in the streets. They will go ape crazy.

If that Yahoo story is about bammer and they are sent a letter from the NCAA, there will be rioting in the streets. They will go ape crazy.

Yep, I'm buying a gun if it is.

At least it seems like there are a few people actually trying to report facts instead of rumors now.  Maybe only a few, but that's more than there were months ago

At least it seems like there are a few people actually trying to report facts instead of rumors now.  Maybe only a few, but that's more than there were months ago

Yeah, won't happen overnight, but I see glimmers of hope (Doyle, Hayes throwing some cold water on Sheridan and the updykes). We will see I guess. Maybe I am too optomistic. However, I for one believe we are in the right, nothing will ever come of any of this and we will begin to be vindicated to some extent. Not to the level where all is made right (not even close), but at least to the point where the rational and objective person can sit back and say, hey the messenger sure was full of crap and think twice before putting any stock into anything they say.

Also, I am not saying I do not believe in fighting back either. We should and hard. I am really beginning to love NTY BTW.

Guys,

I have feeling the Yahoo article could be us. We are the hot target right now and it just seems like this will be another thing we are going to have to go through. I can't believe the media is still spinning this stuff and I'm sick of it. I just have this sinking feeling that it will be a "here we go again" scenario. It is garbage and I hate it for my University because it will probably be the same old song of baseless accusations and unknown third parties, which will lead to further speculation by the turds. I hope this is not the case. I hope it is Bama or LSU. Maybe I'm just being a non optimist.

Guys,

I have feeling the Yahoo article could be us. We are the hot target right now and it just seems like this will be another thing we are going to have to go through. I can't believe the media is still spinning this stuff and I'm sick of it. I just have this sinking feeling that it will be a "here we go again" scenario. It is garbage and I hate it for my University because it will probably be the same old song of baseless accusations and unknown third parties, which will lead to further speculation by the turds. I hope this is not the case. I hope it is Bama or LSU. Maybe I'm just being a non optimist.

Its not us.

Why wait...I already have several! :laugh:

If it were us, there would have been no reason to sit on it until August.  This appears to be a calculated move to hit someone (i.e. contender) right before the season starts.

That is, if there really is a "10" out there (besides Bo Derek)

Yes, but there is always a reason to get one more.  ;D

Guys,

Its not us.

^^^Bird Up!^^^

I really need to get this off of my chest, fellows. I was listening to Slimescum today (I know, I know) and spent the majority of the time wondering what Sheridan had said. I know Slimescum is a huge piece of trash, but his hypocrisy really does amaze me. There was an Auburn fan who called and wanted to talk about some logical reasons that Cam was/is innocent, and Slimescum began cutting him off, and saying, "Your point has been made about 4 million times." The guy responded with a, "Let me make my comments, you talk a lot, but you need to let the other side (meaning Auburn) talk" - Slimescum said again, "Your point has been talked to death repeatedly." I'm happy to report that the Auburn fan called him an SOB and hung up.

It's just ridiculous to me that Slimescum could say with any ounce of integrity that he has heard "these points" defending Cam 4 million times, but instigates and facilitates the same negative-Auburn/negative-Cam comments and opinions repeatedly from anyone who will call in, do an interview or throw mud at us. I just hate hypocrisy so much.

PS - and I can't overstate this enough...Gene Chizik is nothing but a man of class, honesty, and integrity. If he was the coach at UAT, I'd truly be happy that such a fine man and leader is able to impact young men in such a positive way. I'd still despise the team, mind you, but that's how highly I think of this guy.

When Coach Chizik says something, I believe it, because he's done nothing but demonstrate absolute honesty and integrity (I really can't get away from those words when it comes to him) in his life and leadership. He says that he sleeps well at night and that he's running the program the right way. He says that Cam was eligible and that nothing improper happened during his recruiting.

That's more than good enough for me. Seriously, am I to dare be tempted to take the words of the likes of Paul Finebaum, Thayer Evans, Pat Forde, Pete Thamel, and the rest of their ilk when I look at their lives and integrity? It's really a no-brainer when you think of it that way. We have nothing to worry about. I believe Gene Chizik.

Guys,

Its not us.

is this a hunch or do you know something?

You know why he doesn't want to hear arguments from Auburn fans but let's the other side talk? Because our story has been the same the whole time while theirs keeps changing.

That is why it is pointless to call in, because he will never let you tell your side.  Even Tammy tried the other

day and he changed the subject. He does not want to hear any defense about AU.

Guys,

Its not us.

is this a hunch or do you know something?

I'm not the only one...

1. Stop worrying about the Cam Newton stuff. The Came Newton case is closed and has been for a while. The NCAA knows what happened. Auburn knows what happened. That's all that matters. The fuss and uproar is because people like Fartbomb don't know what happened and his sources are not as good as he puts on. It's over. Celebrate. Nobody's coming in to take any trophies away.

I agree, it's all over except the slop that they ( the so-called media) put out for the hogs! :thumbsup:

:laugh::hellyeah::thumbsup:

Archived