Will Latu

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FSU cancels Will Latu's visit due to his academic status...

Guess us backing off was a good thing!

I really hate it for Will.  I think South Florida is still an option for him.

• 2 weeks later...

would love to have had this guy, but if you cant do your work in a juco classroom then there is a good chance the classroom and on field work wont get done at the D1 level - i really hope he sets his priorities because he really has a God given physical ability that can allow him an education and to make a couple dollars ...

If Dyer and Latu go play with Malzahn at ARK St. they are going to have a super powerful offense. Especially if Aplin comes back. IDK if he is a senior or not but Arkansas state could upset someone next year

I think Aplin is a Junior, so he should have one more season left.

Correct...he will be a Senior in this next season...great QB...of course I have to brag on my cousin.

• 6 months later...

Signed with Gus at Ark. St.

With all the questionable recruits CGM is signing, it appears he is trying very hard to make a quick dramatic impact in his league. To me, the only reason to do that's to set the stage for the Arky job once Smith busts. Why else take all the risks at a school that does not have high expectations?

I met this guy at a bar once...he REALLY wanted to be at AU.  He was a super nice guy and smiled even when opposing fans were taunting him and talking bad about AU.  I feel bad that he never had a chance to play at AU, but I really hope he gets it together and has a chance to shine at Ark St. 

Archived