Will Latu

• 2 months later...

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the other day I noticed Latu was posting on Twitter about some hard decisions and whatnot.  Today I just realized that he has removed Auburn commit 2012 from his information section.  Anyone know whats up?  Did we lose Latu too??

:banghead:

So the other day I noticed Latu was posting on Twitter about some hard decisions and whatnot.  Today I just realized that he has removed Auburn commit 2012 from his information section.  Anyone know whats up?  Did we lose Latu too??

:banghead:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Will-Latu-124961

Gee, unless he was counting on getting a few carries as H-back, I don't see how Gus leaving affects him.  His job is to open holes for RBs and whoever the OC, we will be running the football.  He looks more than big enough to do that job.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened?? Is he about to decommit? An article was sent to me by a friend who is a member of Florida State's Rivals page, and Latu says some very questionable things about Auburn.  :dunno:

This quote worries me the worst, "It has nothing to do with Coach Malzahn because we really didn't talk that much or have a strong bond. I just don't feel the connection there with Auburn like I did before and I don't feel it's the place for me," Latu said.

The article--- http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1315747

And he is planning a visit with FSU. Anyone know what is going on with this situation?

What happened?? Is he about to decommit? An article was sent to me by a friend who is a member of Florida State's Rivals page, and Latu says some very questionable things about Auburn.  :dunno:

This quote worries me the worst, "It has nothing to do with Coach Malzahn because we really didn't talk that much or have a strong bond. I just don't feel the connection there with Auburn like I did before and I don't feel it's the place for me," Latu said.

The article--- http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1315747

And he is planning a visit with FSU. Anyone know what is going on with this situation?

I think that article tells you all you need to know. Frick! What is going on?

Yeah I was gonna say...he is an early enrollee, right? ...so any push by FSU would likely be way too late.

I don know where that article got its quotes but his tweets on twitter are all about coming to Auburn.

^This^

Also, I thought Latu won't be at AU until June..

Latu is not an early enrollee, and he is currently back in CA taking classes. He was in FL over the holidays with his family, where he watched the AU game at a bar and tweeted the entire time about AU and how he "wished he was on the field". He had nothing but good things to say about AU, the coaches, and players (several of whom he's become VERY close with in the past several months since committing). This article (which I've read) comes straight out of left field and doesn't "jive" with anything that Latu has been saying as recently as this week. I do know that he had some work to do in school this semester and needed to finish strong in order have everything in place to come to AU in June, which is what he has been planning to do for awhile now. I'm quite sure that the AU coaches knew everything that he's had going on, and HAVE been in contact with him... which leads to the confusion over the article. The only possibility I that could give truth to this article coulc be that the coaches have learned something "new and unexpected" about Latu's academic situation and have decided to part ways with him. I find that hard to believe though at this point, and am NOT willing to say that is the case until I hear something more substantiated. One good thing is that Latu is not bashful though about giving interviews, so we should know much more about this situation in the next couple of days.

Patience is a VIRTUE, and unfortunately it is one that it seems the LARGE majority of AU fans do not possess much of at the moment.

Florida State continues to recruit offensive linemen from across the country. Will Latu, a JUCO OT from the College of the Canyons, is the most recent to enter the radar. After Alphonse Taylor defected to Alabama, there is an additional spot available.

And I have heard that he is looking at USF if FSU dosen't pan out.... >:(

I follow him on twitter and facebook and see what he post but he has been quiet the last few days.

He is from Saint Petersburg, Florida and is close with his family there. I hope these are just rumors because I have a good feeling about this guy.

DJ it seems that our coaches have never been high on JUCO guys that cant graduate in December.  I really don't blame them since that is part of the advantage of getting JUCOs.  The other is the experience but if I remember correctly Latu was a bit of a late bloomer right? Im not sure how much of an advantage his experience is at this point.  I do hope he stays with his commitment and come to AU.  Heaven knows we need the OL help. 

Archived