Will Latu

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah for the sunshine, but a good rain will cause the crop to germinate! Things happen in threes so maybe our fortunes are about to change, and I don't call Roof's leaving a bad thing. They are Gus's leaving, Dyer's leaving, and Latu nit qualifying. Ward and Bush are just part of the ordinary recruiting wars. The rain is over, pump me some 'shine!

Yeah for the sunshine, but a good rain will cause the crop to germinate! Things happen in threes so maybe our fortunes are about to change, and I don't call Roof's leaving a bad thing. They are Gus's leaving, Dyer's leaving, and Latu nit qualifying. Ward and Bush are just part of the ordinary recruiting wars. The rain is over, pump me some 'shine!

The RIGHT attitude.

WDE !!!

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, and I do feel more smarter.  ;) (have at it grammar police)

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, and I do feel more smarter.   ;) (have at it grammar police)

correct spelling is grammur  ;D

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, and I do feel more smarter.   ;) (have at it grammar police)

I did check out at 5:30 a.m.. Maybe I should have stayed unti 6:00.

I did check out at 5:30 a.m.. Maybe I should have stayed unti 6:00.

Maybe the crack of noon ?  ;D

I can remember when the only way you knew who signed with Auburn was if the played a basketball game either the night of signing day or the next and it was talked about at halftime and you still had never heard of a third of the signees. 

When I was a student at Auburn in the mid-80's I hardly ever knew who Auburn signed until I saw that person on the field.  Now I know if a person even thinks about going to Auburn.  Funny.  I'm sure I could have learned more about recruiting back then, but I was having too much fun doing other "things"  :)

Where does our highest rated recruit going to our biggest rival factor in?

I can remember when the only way you knew who signed with Auburn was if the played a basketball game either the night of signing day or the next and it was talked about at halftime and you still had never heard of a third of the signees. 

When I was a student at Auburn in the mid-80's I hardly ever knew who Auburn signed until I saw that person on the field.  Now I know if a person even thinks about going to Auburn.  Funny.  I'm sure I could have learned more about recruiting back then, but I was having too much fun doing other "things"  :)

Right there witcha my brotha !!!  I can't believe I have let myself get so worked up over what some 17 or 18 y/o is gonna do..........

[quote author=raymond link

=topic=35897.msg801715#msg801715 date=1326038153]

what happened to will latu commintment?

Unfortunately, he wasn't committed to going to class and studying.

Yep.  So frustrating.  Our luck with JC linemen doesn't seem to be improving.

Pretty ironic that we took Latu instead of Rooks because Rooks was not going to be a December grad, and now Latu may not even be able to qualify after the spring. It seems as if every decision our coaches have made has backfired this season. Heres to hoping we turn around the momentum sometime very soon with a couple good coordinator hires.  :wedance:

"Yep.  So frustrating.  Our luck with JC linemen doesn't seem to be improving"

Most kids playing JC ball are there for a reason.  Think of all the rules the major schools will bend to get a HS qualified...and yet some just don't make the grade.  Ya have to wonder why that is.

JMO, but getting a JC grad who will make the grade and stay eligible is probably a pretty high risk. Brandon Mosley made it and a couple others did not turn out to be the players they looked like in JC.    I'm not sure how many schools really benefit themselves by recruiting from JCs....especially when it comes to recruiting players they did not recruit in HS.  Strikes me that it's a desperation move. ...worth the risk if you have a scholarship that will go begging (the Latu situation) but otherwise, better to get HS kids that will be full qualifiers.

Latu on why he will pursue another school instead of putting in the work (he would have to take extra classes over the summer to make up for his bad grades) to remain an Auburn commitment:

"It's just a whole bunch of hassle,'' he said. "I'm not saying I can't do it, but with another school I can graduate in May and be there in June,'' said Latu. "If I were to stay with Auburn I wouldn't graduate until the summer and not get there until August, and everything would be rushed.''

Trust me, if this is the type of work ethic this kid has, I don't think we really want him.  Don't be shocked if this kid never makes a mark in college, much less the pros. We will be fine. I will bet my bottom dollar he will underachieve wherever he lands.

That stinks I had high hopes for this guy.

Everyone seemed to have him starting, yet he has only played football one year? He knew his grade obligations. If he had come u woulda seen an existing AU OL starting over him prolly. Everyone please relax-

I say we snatch up the big Brit before he is gone.  He may be a project (Menelik Watson) but, at this point, it isn't a bad move.

Pretty ironic that we took Latu instead of Rooks because Rooks was not going to be a December grad, and now Latu may not even be able to qualify after the spring. It seems as if every decision our coaches have made has backfired this season. Heres to hoping we turn around the momentum sometime very soon with a couple good coordinator hires.  :wedance:

ST said yesterday we did not take Rooks more because he was not of SEC size.

"Yep.  So frustrating.  Our luck with JC linemen doesn't seem to be improving"

Most kids playing JC ball are there for a reason.   Think of all the rules the major schools will bend to get a HS qualified...and yet some just don't make the grade.  Ya have to wonder why that is.

JMO, but getting a JC grad who will make the grade and stay eligible is probably a pretty high risk. Brandon Mosley made it and a couple others did not turn out to be the players they looked like in JC.     I'm not sure how many schools really benefit themselves by recruiting from JCs....especially when it comes to recruiting players they did not recruit in HS.   Strikes me that it's a desperation move. ...worth the risk if you have a scholarship that will go begging (the Latu situation) but otherwise, better to get HS kids that will be full qualifiers.

Juco players are great to have if you need a guy that already has the size for the position you need and he already has game time experience.  They are players a coach can plug in immediately.  I wish we'd had a few on out lines this year, it would have helped with execution, and in teaching the young players too.  We could have used Latu badly next season. 

ST said yesterday we did not take Rooks more because he was not of SEC size.

Got you, didn't see those reports.

On Latu's twitter page he had a picture of himself in an Arkansas State football shirt.  It is very possible that Gus has latu and Dyer coming with him to Arky State.  This is fwiw but I think this has some legs to it. 

Good for him and please noone jump off the ledge and say Gus is stilling all our recruits now. If you follow him on Twitter he has had nothing but great things to say about AU.

Archived